• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

aevanhoe

Slayer of the Eternal Voidslurper
Aug 28, 2018
It's... weird. Zombie gore has been turned down, yes. And there's a very obvious reason for this, there's more zombies and more open environments with a lot more effects going on (like areas full of fire for example). Late in the game there's also some massive hordes of the fuckers. The gore was almost definitely toned down to help performance on consoles.

This said, special enemies actually don't seem toned down at all. I was surprised to see some of the body damage/gore on the Hunter type of enemies especially. And Nemesis himself does taking clothing damage and the like which persists.

It seems because they knew zombies were so common and they'd need a lot of them for some scenes, and in some scenes where a lot is going on, the zombie gore did get turned down. But the gore for other enemies did not. I know many are disappointed by it, but I also think the game's pacing and structure work well that you kinda' forget about it once it really gets going. And some of the "special" non-zombie enemies still have pretty detailed gore systems.

Never occured to me, yes, you could be right. And to be honest, I didn't even notice the reduced gore until I read about it here.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like the hunters have a 1 hit kill attack
Lunge is back?
836.gif

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Honestly this makes this version of Nemesis seem like an absolute joke. His one mission is to kill members of S.T.A.R.S. left in the city and he couldn't kill ONE of them. And one of them is Brad fucking Vickers! I love him staying behind to save Jill and him infecting Marvin but him not being killed by Nemesis is such a monumental fuck up.
Yeah, not gonna lie, that's a trash ass decision. I get the other changes but not having Nemmy kill Brad is such a bone head move

Oct 25, 2017
Ok only spoiler I really want to know before im done with this thread,
Have the "redacted" characters been revealed yet and are they who we hoped they are?

curtismyhero

Aug 29, 2018
Really curious if modders can reimplement the same gore system from re2r into re3r. I know NOTHING about modding so it could be a stretch...but I'd love to see it in re3r.

Sawyer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I'm still hyped as fuck tbh. Will have to see the clocktower segment for myself.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, not gonna lie, that's a trash ass decision. I get the other changes but not having Nemmy kill Brad is such a bone head move

Yeah I honestly do not understand why they changed it. I mean, not even seeing it is one thing and that sucks but the fact that Nemesis doesn't even complete his main objective feels like an oversight, that's how dumb it is. I really want to know what the justification behind it was because it absolutely kills Nemesis as a legitimate threat.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
The stuff people came up with was so much better in addition to the original.
Should have had Brad in the chopper but gets shot down when trying to pick up Jill, survives but is severely injured.
Goes limping up to Jill like the original and Nemesis comes in.

chris-013

Mar 4, 2018
The game has a lot of cinematics, I think you can add 1 hour and half so about 7 hours to finish the game. So the length isn't an issue it seems.

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I honestly do not understand why they changed it. I mean, not even seeing it is one thing and that sucks but the fact that Nemesis doesn't even complete his main objective feels like an oversight, that's how dumb it is. I really want to know what the justification behind it was because it absolutely kills Nemesis as a legitimate threat.
Funny I found him to be a pretty legitimate threat in the demo.

Are all those weapons of the Infinite variety?
Yes.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Yeah it's tough not to see that one as a negative. Sucks because all they had to do was leave that alone, the other changes they made to Brad seem really neat
The stuff people came up with was so much better in addition to the original.
Should have had Brad in the chopper but gets shot down when trying to pick up Jill, survives but is severely injured.
Goes limping up to Jill like the original and Nemesis comes in.
Yeah, the fan theories were so much better. From what I saw, they could've done what they wanted to mix it up and still have Nemmy kill him.

It looks like he gets bit at the bar helping Jill escape, zombifies off screen(could be wrong about this bit), and then bites Marvin before Carlos puts him down. I think in between getting bitten and turning he could've caught right back up to Jill at the R.P.D. like in the original. Have Brad jump in the way saving Jill, he dies and she takes off back towards the city instead of the R.P.D. Then have him bite Marvin when Carlos goes to the R.P.D.

Was so close to being perfect

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
Is it possible that Brad does die to Nemesis but it's a optional scene that you trigger by going to another path?

This change really does ruin the remake a bit for me.

I'm also not a fan of Nemesis second form at all.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
We are all WFH right now but that channel with clips definitely has some NSFW fully nude Jill modded videos on it as well.

Deleted member 1102

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Like when you actually sit down and think about it, Nemesis not killing Brad is a much worse change than what it initially appears to be.

Ever since the first Resident Evil game back in 1996, Brad has been continually portrayed as the weakest member of S.T.A.R.S for his cowardice and inability to properly defend himself. Brad obviously knew Nemesis existed in the original game but was so deathly terrified of him that he was just constantly running through the city in the hopes he didn't run into it again. Obviously, the one time Brad did stop running is when he died, but he didn't just get killed by Nemesis, he got utterly destroyed by him. Yeah it was an easy kill, but it was an effective way to establish that Nemesis was a serious threat that just wiped out your ally in like five seconds. Yes Brad is the weakest member of S.T.A.R.S., but he was still better than the average civilian and because of that you knew Nemesis was designed in a way to combat you head on. He said S.T.A.R.S. and he meant it. Brad was the example, you were next.

Now in the remake that's all lost. Nemesis never kills Brad and he obviously never kills Jill making him an abject failure. Nemesis couldn't even kill the weakest member of S.T.A.R.S. He couldn't kill ANYONE in S.T.A.R.S. Brad and Nemesis aren't even seen on screen together. Nemesis wasn't even CLOSE to killing Brad. Mr X was more effective in completing its goal of killing survivors and Nemesis is meant to be above them. I mean, god, Lickers were a more effective bio weapon than Nemesis in these remakes!

It's crazy to me that something as simple as changing a death affects the entire way an enemy is portrayed. Yes I know most newcomers won't care but Nemesis killing Brad was THE moment of the original game. They had it in the menu, they had it in promotional material, it was the Japanese box art for fucksake! Nemesis's only word is S.T.A.R.S., it's the defining trait of his character, it's how people know him. I seriously believe it's the most iconic death in the entire series and we didn't even get close to seeing it remade.

I want to laugh and cry at the same time because of how dumb this is. This is the most Capcpom thing they've done in years. They fucked up the most basic element of Nemesis my god. I'm in awe. I truly can't believe they fucked this up.

Rant over.

Last edited:

Rocha

Jul 5, 2019
Brazil
Is Brad not getting killed by Nemesis in the Remake that big of a deal? I mean, in the original Brad's death was there to properly introduce Nemesis and show us how unrelentless he is, but in the remake we get a whole opening sequence of 15 min focused on establishing Jill's struggle against Nemesis and how he will do anything to complete his objective, besides, Nemmy has a one hit kill move that's exactly the attack he used to finish Brad, so you can still see that in the Remake. Both approaches are valid and i know you are all disappointed that the remake isn't what you expected, but to say that is trash because it did something different seems really hyperbolic

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Like when you actually sit down and think about it, Nemesis not killing Brad is a much worse change than what it initially appears to be.

Ever since the first Resident Evil game back in 1996, Brad has been continually portrayed as the weakest member of S.T.A.R.S for his cowardice and inability to properly defend himself. Brad obviously knew Nemesis existed in the original game but was so deathly terrified of him that he was just constantly running through the city in the hopes he didn't run into it again. Obviously, the one time Brad did stop running is when he died, but he didn't just get killed by Nemesis, he got utterly destroyed by him. Yeah it was an easy kill, but it was an effective way to establish that Nemesis was a serious threat that just wiped out your ally in like five seconds. Yes Brad is the weakest member of S.T.A.R.S., but he was still better than the average civilian and because of that you knew Nemesis was designed in a way to combat you head on. He said S.T.A.R.S. and he meant it. Brad was the example, you were next.

Now in the remake that's all lost. Nemesis never kills Brad and he obviously never kills Jill making him an abject failure. Nemesis couldn't even kill the weakest member of S.T.A.R.S. He couldn't kill ANYONE in S.T.A.R.S. Brad and Nemesis aren't even seen on screen together. Nemesis wasn't even CLOSE to killing Brad. Mr X was more effective in completing its goal of killing survivors and Nemesis is meant to be above them. I mean, god, Lickers were a more effective bio weapon than Nemesis in these remakes!

It's crazy to me that something as simple as changing a death affects the entire way an enemy is portrayed. Yes I know most newcomers won't care but Nemesis killing Brad was THE moment of the original game. They had it in the menu, they had it in promotional material, it was the Japanese box art for fucksake! Nemesis's only word is S.T.A.R.S., it's the defining trait of his character, it's how people know him. I seriously believe it's the most iconic death in the entire series and we didn't even get close to seeing it remade.

I want to laugh and cry at the same time because of how dumb this is. This is the most Capcpom thing they've done in years. They fucked up the most basic element of Nemesis my god. I'm in awe. I truly can't believe they fucked this up.

Rant over.
How hard was it not to make an updated version of this:

I am not sure why they felt the need to change it.

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Some people are way overreacting here like damn. Happens with every game leak too. It's a panic.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Is Brad not getting killed by Nemesis in the Remake that big of a deal? I mean, in the original Brad's death was there to properly introduce Nemesis and show us how unrelentless he is, but in the remake we get a whole opening sequence of 15 min focused on establishing Jill's struggle against Nemesis and how he will do anything to complete his objective, besides, Nemmy has a one hit kill move that's exactly the attack he used to finish Brad, so you can still see that in the Remake. Both approaches are valid and i know you are all disappointed that the remake isn't what you expected, but to say that is trash because it did something different seems really hyperbolic

I would say, yeah, it's a pretty big thing and it's foolish that it got taken out.

The way it is now, it just makes it seem like Nemesis is a chump who chased after Jill the entire game but didn't end up doing anything.

In the original game, that scene being Nemesis's introduction *and* him taking out a named character within seconds was a superb way of setting him up as an immediate and immense threat from a narrative standpoint. Optional death animations for Jill don't really convey the same thing because you can always just restart the game.

That being said, it's not a big enough thing to dampen my interest in the game. Pre-ordered and ready day 1.

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017

Rant over.
I can't believe how much your having a meltdown over things so small.

Deleted member 1102

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I wasn't even that bothered about them recreating the death scene 1:1, I was fine with whatever they ended up doing. This however does nothing but make Nemesis look like an absolute failure. His reason for existing is to kill S.T.A.R.S. members and in this game he never succeeds.

And fwiw I like that Brad stays behind to give Jill time to escape. It's a great redemption arc for Brad after RE1. I also love how he infects Marvin. It's a great way to link RE2 and 3 even more. Despite that, they could have easily had Nemesis kill Brad between those two points.

unknownspectator

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I get it why people would be mad about nemy not being the one to kill brad but at the same time he still looks to be a threat I mean just watch him decimating jill in her own apartment.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Nemesis is now incredibly ineffective to the point that he can;t even kill the weakest member of STARS.

Deleted member 1102

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (1 Day): Accusations of shilling, hostility
I can't believe how much your having a meltdown over things so small.

Look I know you're busy shilling this game super hard and I'm sure Capcom are proud of you but I can voice my dislike of this as much as I want. This was a forum for discussion last time I checked. Block me if it bothers you that much.

CenturionNami

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Look I know you're busy shilling this game super hard and I'm sure Capcom are proud of you but I can voice my dislike of this as much as I want. This was a forum for discussion last time I checked. Block me if it bothers you that much.
You're acting like a fucking child lol who got his candy taken away

CenturionNami

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
User Banned (1 Day): Hostility over a series of posts
And your post reeks like a 4chan copypasta. I'm not the one who needs to put people on ignore considering how embargoing the thing you wrote is.

CeeTee

May 29, 2018
Oh no, Nemesis didn't kill Brad? I guess he's just a chump that never gets anything done.

Oh wait he:
  • Killed an entire train cart full of people
  • Was ready to finish off Mikhail but he did what he does to try to stop Nemesis
So his body count is basically much higher than the original, but because he didn't kill the biggest wimp of the entire STARS team, he's now pathetic and the game is trash? Gotcha. That's really fair and logical.

We don't even know for sure B-rad isn't killed by him anyway. They could have a DLC that shows how Brad gets finished off. RE2 had free DLC.

Oct 25, 2017
Its not even just the Nemesis thing,
The entire way Brad felt like he was being set up between his physical absence in RE2 but appearing in the poster,
then getting decent" hero shots" in the trailers to ingame getting bit on the arm by a regular zombie within a minute with no Nemesis is an extreme letdown.
And on top of that Carlos kills zombie Brad instead of Jill which would be far more interesting.

Last edited:

CeeTee

May 29, 2018
He doesn't. Mikhail and random civvies have nothing to do with his mission.

You're right, they were just in the way of his mission so he relentlessly blew them away and was ready to pull the Brad-finisher on Mikhail.

You guys are way too quick to complain around here. Again, you don't even know for sure that Brad isn't killed by Nemesis in content we haven't seen yet. You're just assuming the worst so you can have a pedestal to complain on.

Rocha

Jul 5, 2019
Brazil
was a superb way of setting him up as an immediate and immense threat from a narrative standpoint
Here's the thing i think a lot of you aren't understanding or giving the devs the benefit of the doubt: this is a new narrative, with new elements and developments. I remember from an interview that the devs wanted to focus more on Jill's rivalry against Nemesis, that's why he is first dropped on your apartment, that's why we have this expanded opening and that's why he only chases Jill: to make the battle feel more personal. Brad's death in this game happens at a different time and with a different purpose, it is not there anymore to introduce the villain, but to convey the chaotic madness of the outbreak and show Jill at her lowerest point. I really liked the execution of the scene and how you can feel that this characters had a deeper connection. But i would be lying if i said i didn't want more interactions between the two before his death. Honestly i would find it much more understandable if you said you were disappointed by Brad's lack of screentime than by how they changed his death lol