• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
You have 2 time in the game the first one on the pause menu mine said 5h40 at endgame and the second one on the result screen and mine said 7 hours
There's definitely some weird stuff going on with timers in this game.
Sliding Worms aren´t the Grave Digger to not create too much confusion:
residentevil.fandom.com

Sliding Worm

Sliding Worms (スライディングワーム, suraidingu-wāmu?) are the parasitic offspring produced by Grave Diggers. They were encountered by survivors during the Raccoon City Destruction Incident. The Grave Digger reproduces by laying eggs in the sewers and inside the ground, often in bunches of a hundred...
We still have to see them, so bye bye wormies. Probably.

Confirmed unlocks (I also saw all of these 2 days ago but my French ain´t too hot):
  • Jill STARS Costume (2000 p)
  • Recovery Coin (4000 p) 2 exist
  • Defense Coin (4000 p) 2 exist
  • Attack Coin (4000 p) 2 exist
  • Reloading Press (4000 p)
  • Chris Redfield's STARS Combat Manual (6400 p, makes perfect dodge much easier)
  • Hook (2800 p, so you don´t need to find it anymore)
  • Bolt Cutters (2800 p, so you don´t need to find it anymore)
  • Satchel (4800 p, increases inventory space) 2 exist
  • Hot Dogger (7200 p)
  • Samurai Edge (5600 p)
  • MUP Pistol (8000 p, infinite ammo)
  • Rai-Den (12000 p, infinite ammo)
  • CQBR Assault Rifle (28400 p, infinite ammo)
  • Rocket Launcher (62400 p, infinite ammo)

Maybe more if you do the harder difficulties. I, for example, don´t see the grenade/mine launcher listed and it´s in the game. And who knows how the art unlocks or the bubble heads work.
Thanks for writing that out (though will point out you accidentally wrote "Hot Dogger" rather than "Hot Dagger", amusingly enough). And yeah, at this point in time I don't think anyone's come forth from completing Nightmare Mode or the like, so there may be some more thing attached to beating Nightmare/Hell difficulties maybe.

NDA-Man

Mar 23, 2020
Hm... having watched as much of the game as I've could, I'm still super hyped, but I'm trying to think of how to incorporate cut content (This is purely a hypothetical excercise, that doesn't take into quirks of the RE Engine, development time, or the effort put in to everything they added). It's not a "they shouldn't have cut this" or a "make it exactly like RE3", but more "how could you cram it into REmake 3.

Specifically, Gravedigger. So... in RE3 Classic, Jill falls into a random sinkhole right before leaving on the trolley--in this she runs into the sewers to lure away Nemesis. Still, she ends up in the sewers. You could throw in Gravedigger as a sort of half-boss-half-puzzle--in terms of game mechanics, maybe more of a piece of scenery with an instant-death radius (you need to cross X, but need to get Gravedigger out of the way first).

Second encounter is when Carlos leaves to get to Jill after the RPD. There's already a giant sinkhole and a sewer there. GD could be more mobile--and it's more an actual boss. Maybe, if you're dead set on having the name Gravedigger have meaning, Carlos cuts through a Cemetary by the clock tower for the fight.

Third encounter, towards the end of the game, Jill faces off against it, and then tentacles yank it away--when you see if again, it's part of the giant awful Nemesis Katamari.
--
And... the Brain Sucker could be the "Queen" of the Drain Deimos hive we see in the power station. Just a bigger, harder-hitting version of that enemy, sort of like it was in the base game.
--
As for spiders--meh. Just throw them in somewhere. I'll be honest, I'm not at all heartbroken they're gone. In RE1 and REmake (especially remake) they had plenty of presence, but I think they had one room in 2 classic, and only showed up in the clocktower in 3--which is cutting room floor stuff (unfortunately). As cool as an RE Engine Spider would be... meh.
--
Post-Hospital Nemesis

Hm... this is tougher, given how much they changed his final form. Maybe have a sort of "super parasite zombie" as a jury-rigged Nemesis stand in? It's gigantic and warped and awful-looking and has similar attacks to pursuer Nemesis, the implication being that the somehow the parasite has genetic memory from the parent it split away from?

Anyways, I'm eagerly awaiting the game, and honestly... the cut content, when balanced against the stuff I've seen that make me super hyped, does not really dampen my enthusiasm. This wasn't me saying "They should've done it this way", so much as "They could've, but with limited time/resources/teet cetera, I don't mind that they didn't". I've no clue if what I'd proposed would be fun at all, so there's that.

CeeTee

May 29, 2018
There's definitely some weird stuff going on with timers in this game.

Guess I know the first thing I'll be doing come release is hooking into the timer value and recording it with my playthrough. Not going to freak out and jump the shark until I witness anything wonky myself. I just find it hard to believe considering this is the same timer used in RE2. We'll see.

Didn't an article early in the promo cycle indicate Sliding Worms made a return? Was that not true either? :|

Gaming "journalism" at its finest.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017

giphy.gif

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
@Kyuga Do we see more of Dario Rosso than just the crate scene (you could return to him in the original to see him dead), do we see more of Marvin that just the bite and what about good old Nikolai. We have no context for the helicopter scene or exact placement. We only know that he dies again and no one ever talked about anther boss outside of Nemesis. He was technically an optional fight in the original.

Vito

Oct 25, 2017
@Kyuga Do we see more of Dario Rosso than just the crate scene (you could return to him in the original to see him dead), do we see more of Marvin that just the bite and what about good old Nikolai. We have no context for the helicopter scene or exact placement. We only know that he dies again and no one ever talked about anther boss outside of Nemesis. He was technically an optional fight in the original.
Nicholai is shot in the arm and left behind.

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
Correction. Nikolai survived the encounter will Jill in RE3 (you can just duck or not fight him in the canonical path) due to this report in Survivor:
residentevil.fandom.com

Report on destroyed Raccoon City

Report on destroyed Raccoon City (ラクーンシティ崩壊後レポート, Rakūnshiti hōkai-go repōto?) is a file that can be found in Resident Evil Survivor. It can be found in the south-west corner of the Projection room in the Southend Theater. The official translation of the October 6 report is signed by Nikolai...
Yes, that shite game is canon.

cosmickosm

Oct 26, 2017
So those who have played it, what's the deal with Nemesis? I was a fan of Mr. X in RE2 Remake, does he operate in a similar fashion in only a certain area? Or is he constantly following you around the whole game?

After the demo, I thought he could get annoying if I just wanted to explore.

Mar 23, 2020
^^^
Oh fucking wonderful, they never followed up on that shit (Nikolai's death) in the original timeline and I doubt they will in this obviously rebooted timeline..

Speaking of can we out the obvious fact the entire franchise is being rebooted with how many story changes are happening? As of now I only consider REmake, (maybe Zero), 2make, 3make, and 7 canon just to save myself some sanity. Something will fill in the gap up to 7 eventually since I doubt they'll remake 4-6.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
All I want to know is 2 things, if somebody could tag me with an answer I'd appreciate it.

1. Can we down Nemmy for more than 30 seconds
2. Is there some sort of Carlos extra campaign? I know he's playable but curious if there's something extra

Vito

Oct 25, 2017
^^^
Oh fucking wonderful, they never followed up on that shit (Nikolai's death) in the original timeline and I doubt they will in this obviously rebooted timeline..

Speaking of can we out the obvious fact the entire franchise is being rebooted with how many story changes are happening? As of now I only consider REmake, (maybe Zero), 2make, 3make, and 7 canon just to save myself some sanity. Something will fill in the gap up to 7 eventually since I doubt they'll remake 4-6.
There's no different timeline or canon.

Kyuga

Oct 27, 2017
Well no fight with nikolai you just injured him to save Carlos at the chopper scene and you leave him like that Jill just say that she don't care for who he is working for and that she will have an invesgation for that.
Marvin is only saw with Carlos and brad is the one who bites him but after he enters the end police station and you no longer see Marvin.
For Dario I didn't came back to see if he died but I'm not sure you can...

Kyuga

Oct 27, 2017
All I want to know is 2 things, if somebody could tag me with an answer I'd appreciate it.

1. Can we down Nemmy for more than 30 seconds
2. Is there some sort of Carlos extra campaign? I know he's playable but curious if there's something extra
No Nemesis is stunned for short period of time.
And Carlos has 2 playable section hospital and police station

OP
OP
Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Well the game is made to be played several time with the shop and everything and don't forget that resistance comes with it and you have a full set of trophies for it
Someone I know has really been wanting the Resistance's Trophy List, would it be viewable at this time to write it down, or not at this time since I don't think Resistance itself is playable yet?

Kyuga

Oct 27, 2017
Someone I know has really been wanting the Resistance's Trophy List, would it be viewable at this time to write it down, or not at this time since I don't think Resistance itself is playable yet?
I saw it on the quick menu 52 trophies for resistance and it's a dedicated app on ps4 main menu and should be playable will try tonight actually

OP
OP
Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
I saw it on the quick menu 52 trophies for resistance and it's a dedicated app on ps4 main menu and should be playable will try tonight actually
Oh my, that's a few more than I was expecting. It might've gone up by now. I understand writing the whole trophy list with it being that wrong may not be fun, but I do know someone who'd be very grateful if you did (they like to 100% RE games, including multiplayer stuff, and curious what Resistance's Trophies may be).

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
Let's make it fun. These are all canon. Thx uncle Capcom, so much product to consume!

Main games (remakes and originals coexist... don´t ask or watch BIOHAZARD THE STAGE to see what I mean):
Resident Evil (1996)
Resident Evil 2 (1998)
Resident Evil 3: Nemesis
Resident Evil CODE:Veronica

Resident Evil (2002)
Resident Evil 0
Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil 5
Resident Evil: Revelations
Resident Evil 6
Resident Evil: Revelations 2
Resident Evil 7: Biohazard

Resident Evil 2 (2019)
Resident Evil 3 (2020)

Side games:
Resident Evil Survivor
Resident Evil Survivor 2 CODE:Veronica
(a dream)
Resident Evil: Dead Aim
Resident Evil Outbreak
Resident Evil Outbreak File #2
Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles
(only the new stuff)
Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles (only the new stuff)
Resident Evil: Umbrella Corps (This bad boy can fit so much lore in it)
Resident Evil Resistance (the game no, the kidnappings/new characters may be canon)

Anime:
Resident Evil: Degeneration
Resident Evil: Damnation
Resident Evil: Vendetta

Manga:
Prelude to the Fall
Resident Evil: The Marhawa Desire
BIOHAZARD Heavenly Island (scanlation only)

Stage Plays (all on YT with subs):
BIOHAZARD THE STAGE
MUSICAL BIOHAZARD (or so they say, set in an apocalyptic future that makes RE6 look like a no-nonsense documentary)
BIOHAZARD THE EXPERIENCE

There are also Flagship written Drama Albums + a CG short of "debatable" continuity also by them for completion´s sake:
BIO HAZARD DRAMA ALBUM ~The Doomed Raccoon City~ VOL.1
BIO HAZARD DRAMA ALBUM ~The Doomed Raccoon City~ VOL.2
BIO HAZARD DRAMA ALBUM ~The Doomed Raccoon City~ VOL.3
BIO HAZARD The Wicked North Sea
BIOHAZARD 2 Drama Album ~The Female Spy Ada Lives~
BIOHAZARD 2 DRAMA ALBUM ~The Little Runaway Sherry~
BIOHAZARD 4D-EXECUTER

QdZZKDm.gif

Last edited:

Eisen Sora

Jun 22, 2018
I don't want to look the entire thread for the spoilers in it but I want to make only two questions: is the achievement list leaked? Are there any Resistance achievements/trophies? Thanks

JayRB88

Dec 3, 2019
Shame the clock tower got cut. It was one of my favorite areas from the original and one of the only areas that had a classic RE feel.

residentfan

Mar 5, 2019
^^^

Contrary to popular belief, the Remakes don't replace the originals in the canon, Capcom confirmed it on an interview recently and around when 2 Remake released. They all exist at the same time, kind of like in RE1 neither Chris or Jill's endings are the canon ones.

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
I don't want to look the entire thread for the spoilers in it but I want to make only two questions: is the achievement list leaked? Are there any Resistance achievements/trophies? Thanks

Farewell Raccoon

Obtain all trophies.

Hard awakening

Escape from Jill's building.

Go ahead, in the metro

Escape from the residential area of Raccoon City.

Change of scenery

Leave downtown Raccoon City.

A Little Space

Increase the inventory capacity.

Let It Go

Push Nemesis to abandon an object.

Backfire

Defeat Nemesis on the roof.

The Power of Gems

Place all the gems in the metro station clock.

Emergency Call

Leave the police station.

Breaking Brad

Kill Brad.

Hidden Trophy

Hidden Description.

I don't know what I have

Leave the square of the clock tower.

Near the Danger

Follow Nicholai into the depths of the installation.

The Flower with Fuses

Collect all the fuses in the hangar in less than 5 minutes.

Nemesis, the Return

Defeat Nemesis in its 2nd form.

Nemesis, the return of revival

Defeat Nemesis in its 3rd form.

Hidden Trophy

Hidden Description

Fuuusion!

Make an item.

Is it approved?

Upgrade a weapon.

G.I. Jill

Complete the game in "Hardcore" mode or higher.

Hidden Trophy

Hidden Description

Sensational

Complete the game with S-Rank.

Pandora's Box

Complete the game without opening the item chest.

Saturated Emergencies

Resist the horde of zombies.

Hello Charlie!

Destroy a Charlie Figurine.

Double Cut

Defeat two enemies with a single shot.

All Seen, All Read

Read all Story Documents.

Hidden Trophy

Hidden Description

Traveling Arsenal

Obtain all available weapons in the campaign.

Open Sesame

Open all safes, lockers and locks.

Tonic Jill

Complete the game in "Normal" mode or higher.

You're Not Bad!

Complete the game without using more than one healing item.

Parked in Double File

Complete the game in less than 2 hours.

Resistance is its own list. Not leaked yet.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I dont think 4D Executer is canon.

Because if it was, then Cameron would be arguably the most dangerous B.O.W. out there.

Kyuga

Oct 27, 2017
Oh my, that's a few more than I was expecting. It might've gone up by now. I understand writing the whole trophy list with it being that wrong may not be fun, but I do know someone who'd be very grateful if you did (they like to 100% RE games, including multiplayer stuff, and curious what Resistance's Trophies may be).
can send smartphone pictures directly here ? I can do that no problem

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
Biohazard x The Thing may not be good but you won´t forget the 18 minutes it will take:

Glorious early PS2 CG done wrong. Set in Raccoon City for added lols. Is this better than official The Thing "prequel" film? Probably. Shudder.

Last edited:

NDA-Man

Mar 23, 2020
4D Executor almost reminded me of the Prototype series from Activision (which, admittedly came out decade afterward). You play as a tentacly horror that eats people's brains and shapeshifts into them.

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
A French live stream, currently of Carlos in the hospital:

Video

The file text is in English. That´s new.

Not great and on easy but it might go somewhere. So capture cards on for when I wake up again.
Pro Tip: Look at the RE3 Facebook tag to get other options. Enough copies leaked now and not just in France. Kinda weird this didn´t end 2 days ago.

Last edited: