• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017

IMO , Considering the Divisive reception for the game and being overshadowed by a Mainline title announcement two months after release , 4M while not Impressive result but isn't a bad result either , From leaks Capcom expected it to do 4.6M in one Year so it is short of 600K

It did 2M at launch , so its legs contributed to 50% of its overall sales , so it isn't a RE6 situation where it had a Massive launch number but it lagged massively on Legs on the other side

Side Note : the 100K difference between March 2021 Result and the Cumulative Result is that Capcom counted the Pre-Launch Physical Japanese Sales into the Fiscal Year that ended March 2020

Last edited:

Gambit

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty good, though it did drop in price remarkably quickly here.

Also, just give us the Clocktower DLC, Capcom.

Drachen

May 3, 2021
That's good! It wasn't entirely what I hoped for, but I did enjoy my time with it enough to platinum it and I loved getting to play as Jill again.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully it underperforming a bit will make Capcom realise where they went wrong. Game could have been an RE2 killer but they botched it.

EinBear

Oct 27, 2017
RE3 is a great game, just a bit too short to justify a full-priced release.

I can see why it's done so well in the long-term, as it's well worth the £20 you can pick it up for nowadays.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
Bought it for 20 bucks on sales. should have long legs since it's on sale every other month it feels like.

Nessus

Oct 28, 2017
Just finished RE7 + DLC on PSVR and installing RE: Village right now. I really enjoyed the RE2 and RE3 remakes, and when I'm finally able to afford a Quest 2 I'll get RE4 VR. Capcom is on a really good streak lately.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
There is a mod that lets you play the protagonist of the Last of Us Part 2. That automatically kicks it up several notches in terms of value.

OP
OP
Ryuichi Naruhodo
Oct 25, 2017
RE3 is a great game, just a bit too short to justify a full-priced release.

I can see why it's done so well in the long-term, as it's well worth the £20 you can pick it up for nowadays.

Yea , I always thought of it as Most people will say " I will enjoy it , but at $20-30 " , Even thought most wont buy it at $60 but It is a great game in itself ( even thought it is very questionable as a Remake for most people )

Norsuchamp

Feb 6, 2020
It'll be very interesting to see how RE4make will be selling? In the end it is one of the most beloved entries in the franchise and quite a milestone in the gaming industry as well, but it has been popping out in every single console since Gamecube and PS2 (original Xbox didn't get the game) and the "remake"-aspect will not be that significant as it was in the case of 2 and 3... unless they make it first person or something like that.

GTOAkira

Sep 1, 2018
I loved it. Easily my favorite game of last year. Its short but personnaly thats probably why I loved it more lol

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Good for them. I preferred it to RE2R, more fun to replay. Understand why some didn't like it.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully it underperforming a bit will make Capcom realise where they went wrong. Game could have been an RE2 killer but they botched it.
I mean hard to take it like that when it only barely underperformed, which the same can be said for RE7 and I think RE2 as well. RE rather frequently misses Capcom's lofty expectations.

LazerRanger

Oct 28, 2017
I'm happy it's sold respectably as I think the reception it's gotten is a bit harsh.
It's definitely a flawed game but I enjoyed the time I spent with it (I did buy it discounted in a sale so I don't know how I would have felt at full price).

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
It was the first time playing RE3 for me so I can't compare it to the original but I loved it. Glad to see it did well.

Elyian

Feb 7, 2018
That's great, it was a wonderful game that could have been even better with a couple more areas realized in the RE engine.

DvdGzz

Banned
Mar 21, 2018
It's the RE with the most time played by me. 60+ hours. Played it on XSX and then on PC with mods. Love it!

Hoggle

Mar 25, 2021
I don't care that it was different than the original. I loved it and Jill is great. That said, gives us a directors cut of both remakes this gen that did a few extra segments to each game.

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
I liked it more than the original RE3 and I also believe this remake is THE version to play if you want to play through the series.

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
On one hand, it undersold to their expectations, on the other hand, it sold better than the original. I thought it was a great game, so happy it sold as much it did.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly these days I see more people saying the game gets too much hate than I see people hating on it. Feels like you can't list your issues with the game without people telling you how much they liked it.

I thought it performed in line with their expectations? Capcom always figured it would sell less than RE2.

The OP says it underperformed. Not by much, but still less than Capcom's leaked projections.

steviestar3

One Winged Slayer
Jul 3, 2018
It's a decent enough game. I think its reputation will improve over time as its MSRP goes down. The biggest issue I had with the game was the length and replayability potential compared to the RE2 remake. Definitely still a game worth playing, just not really for $60.

dusan

Aug 2, 2020
Great game from start to finish. It gave me a high quality one-shot movie feel when I finished.

Best Jill Valentine also.

Tortillo VI

May 27, 2018
I had so much fun with this game. I understand complaints about cut content but, since I never played through the original, this felt like a shorter but more action focused RE2, with super fun replayability-focused challenges, trophies and modes. It's a super fun game.

ByWatterson

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Nice!

And wasn't it developed alongside RE2 remake? Meaning its profit was in the bag as soon as RE2 was a success?

Shift Breaker

Oct 25, 2017
RE3make is a real good game in its right, deserves those numbers.

Obviously though, its flaws really start to come to light when compared to either its original or RE2make which are so much richer in content.

But still. Good game.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
I had a very fun time with the game, first RE in years that I instantly restarted once the credits rolled to replay on a higher difficulty and to go after the remaining achievements.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
RE3 was a massive disappointment and a failure as both a modern RE game and a remake. But because the bar is very high even though those are true it's still a solid and fun game.

I think Capcom was expecting it to sell 4.5 mi by now or something, but I still think those numbers might have been revisited or something in those lines, as I remember them saying in a report that the game matched their expectations.

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
Decent game, hopefully Capcom continues to see commercial success with the RE franchise so that they continue pumping more money into bigger and better new titles. Village was fantastic so I can't wait for RE9 and RE4R

The Shape

Nov 7, 2017
Brazil
It's a good game, not great. It definitely feels it doesn't live to it's full potential. The cut content hurts the game too much.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I loved it more as a compliment or side dish to re2r. I bought it day one but it was definitely lacking replay value. I ran through it several times in the first week then lost interest. Sucks that there was no Mercenaries mode at least since the original 3 was when it was introduced, the games action oriented gameplay is perfect for it.