• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Just received an email about this from the RE2 boardgame Kickstarter, Steamforged developing again.

If they reach 2500 followers before the 28th April, an alt costume sculpt of Jill is unlocked.

OP
OP
Gradon

Gradon

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Was the RE2 game good? I missed out on the early bird and haven't bought it since.

I liked it but it's pretty simple in comparison to other board games, it's mostly walking around shooting zombies and picking up items and keys, then backtracking.
Saying that though I didn't finish the Campaign. Oh and my board pieces were printed very dark though which sucked.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I thought it looked good when Easy Allies did a play through if you want to see it in action.

I liked it but it's pretty simple in comparison to other board games, it's mostly walking around shooting zombies and picking up items and keys, then backtracking.
Saying that though I didn't finish the Campaign. Oh and my board pieces were printed very dark though which sucked.
Sweet thanks for this!

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Was the RE2 game good? I missed out on the early bird and haven't bought it since.
It's pretty fun! They cleverly integrated the video game's mechanics into a tabletop format. One of my favorite components was the B-Files Expansion, which adds Mr. X as a new scenario-interrupting force who'll pursue your team through the map while you're in the midst of dealing with zombies, lickers, and other fun stuff.

I really liked how much the manuals feel like manuals for the PSX game. Small details like concept art and original game artwork really sell the whole thing.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gradon

Gradon

Oct 25, 2017
UK
It's pretty fun! They cleverly integrated the video game's mechanics into a tabletop format. One of my favorite components was the B-Files Expansion, which adds Mr. X as a new scenario-interrupting force who'll pursue your team through the map while you're in the midst of dealing with zombies, lickers, and other fun stuff.

I really liked how much the manuals feel like manuals for the PSX game. Small details like concept art and original game artwork really sell the whole thing.

Yeah to be fair with my simple critique, they added a lot of unique game modes with the expansions. Like the 4th Survivor, Tofu, Extreme Battle, and PvP modes were added to it.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was interested until I saw that prototype Jill design. Since that's her biker outfit from the original game, hopefully they use the standard design from the remake for the regular Jill. Would be kinda bummed if the only Jill Valentine model was her running around with heels and her cleavage showing.

Santos

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Seems cool. How was the RE2 boardgame for solo players?

I've been looking for a solo board game too play every now and then and this seems right up my alley.

Last edited:

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Damn, I get the timing but I've been hoping since learning 2 actually turned out well that the next one would be RE1. I'll hold off until they hopefully come around to that.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Seems cool. How was the RE2 boardgame for solo players?

I've been looking for a solo board game too play every now and then and this seems right up my alley.
I guess it could be played solo, but it's designed for two player co-op at minimum, and scales up nicely as you add more players.

LycanXIII

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Kind of wish Steamforge would finish and ship the Horizon and DMC Kickstarted games before launching another one.