• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still early on but it's fun. I just bought the laser sight which makes using the handgun much better. I haven't played the original since 2006 so I can't really compare.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
One day video games will catch on to the "release digital earlier than physical" thing that literally everything else does

Tendo

Oct 26, 2017
Just got through the water room in my replay of the original. What a gauntlet that was! Thank god the enemies moved slow and were predictable!

Oh fuck.

NuclearCake

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The rain looks so much better now, it's not even funny. Still not perfect but this is more than acceptable.

Thanks for sharing Socivol.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Much preferred the old look
It had some artistic flair to it. I also liked it, it looked especially cool when Leon does a knife kill and lighting flashes behind him, with the depth of field effect activated.

You can barely see the current rain. I hate this apparent trend of gamers complaining about the most banal shit and developers giving in.

Majora85

Nov 21, 2017
The old rain was gross. Looked like a load of white streaks layered on top of the image. The updated rain is so much better.

ScionN7

Oct 26, 2019
Any word on the review embargo? Metacritic said later this week, but it's almost Friday and I haven't heard anything about a date/time.

Apr 19, 2018

ScionN7

Oct 26, 2019
No time afaik, but it drops sometime tomorrow (Friday).
I think its usually quite early of the day the embargo lifts right? I think it might be just over 5 hours away if that's the case.
Excellent! Thanks much for going through the effort!

Didn't someone mention 2am EST Friday before?

Thank you. I'm just used to specific times being given, especially for such a big title like this.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
I hate to say it, but I don't think Capcom did great with the rain fix. It just looks like a light drizzle now which is disconnected from the sound of a downpour in the first clip and the rain pelting off Leon effect in the second clip. It's of course 'better' in the sense it doesn't look awful, but I almost wish they kept the original rain but just lowered the opacity on it.

J-Wood

Oct 25, 2017
Decided to give this a go on my PC to try out my new 4070 TI. Running through the settings it showed my max VRAM was like 10.98GB. Is that...right or is that an odd bug? My card is a 12GB card, unless some of that memory is reserved or something

misery mired

Apr 2, 2022
almost-weekend era question: would you let doc salvie chainsaw off a finger tip of your choosing if it meant getting to play the full game now instead of a week from now?

i think fingertips grow back anyway and meeting ol' bagface would be a trip, so sure, sign me up ⛓️🪚☝🏻

R8ER34

Mar 4, 2018
almost-weekend era question: would you let doc salvie chainsaw off a finger tip of your choosing if it meant getting to play the full game now instead of a week from now?

i think fingertips grow back anyway and meeting ol' bagface would be a trip, so sure, sign me up ⛓️🪚☝🏻

No need! Got mine tonight 😎