• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Manhunter

Mar 20, 2019
res.png

''In an interview with Resident Evil 4 producer Yoshiaki Hirabayashi we asked if the remake efforts for classic Resident Evil titles will continue after the release of Resident Evil 4 Remake and, more specifically would Hirabayahi-san like to work on a Resident Evil Code Veronica Remake.

Hirabayashi-san responded that his focus is currently on the development of Resident Evil 4 Remake and making that the best experience for fans. He continued that there are no concrete plans to develop Resident Evil Code Veronica Remake, but if the "opportunity comes, maybe."

Source: https://noisypixel.net/resident-evil-code-veronica-remake-maybe/

Renna Hazel

Oct 27, 2017
I'd prefer they do Code Veronica before RE5 because I've never played it. I assume they'll go straight to 5 though, which I'd still be super hyped for, as long as co-op is still in.

IsThatHP

Oct 31, 2017
A shame; would love to see the actress that played claire in RE2 get another crack at the series. Feel like there's a lot they can revamp and update to make it more digestible to modern audiences as well (example: losing the 'cross-dressing freak' utterances). I really like the idea of taking one of these new style RE classic games and spreading it across the various complexes of rockfort island.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
It was pretty obvious when they skipped it between 3 and 4. That was the time to do it if they were. Could happen way down the road when they run out of other games, but I honestly think it's going to be lost to time

SaneOsprey123

May 7, 2020
I mean, that's a good enough answer for me right now.
Fans are very vocal about CV Remake, I think it's only a matter of time.

AgeEighty

Oct 25, 2017
Not that I think CV is necessarily going to happen, but that's obviously the kind of non-answer that's all he can really say on the subject. He's not going to pre-announce a game.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
Go the other way - remake it but make it static backgrounds and no longer 3D.

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
ngl I just wanna see it remade so I can experience the best save music in RE in a remake

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
As I said in the other thread, despite being able to power my way through 1-3, something felt off about CV to me and I couldn't play it for very long. Played the HD version on PS3.

Noog

â–˛ Legend â–˛
May 1, 2018
I still think a Resident Evil 1 Remake in the style of 2-4 Remake is likelier than people think it is. Frankly, I wouldn't mind that at all. I'd love to explore the mansion in a new way.

AIan

Oct 20, 2019
CV is underrated. Even after playing RE2 remake I still think CV is a great game.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
I still think a Resident Evil 1 Remake in the style of 2-4 Remake is likelier than people think it is. Frankly, I wouldn't mind that at all. I'd love to explore the mansion in a new way.

I don't think anyone sees it as unlikely. We already have had people in here say it was probably coming before CV ever gets one

Sep 8, 2022
I don't think this statement means much but also RE1 > CV > RE5 are the Wesker trilogy so I could see them doing those in order after RE4

KDC720

Oct 25, 2017
CV could really benefit from a remake more than any other game in the series at this point. Shame it's not on the table right now but things could change I'm sure.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it's absurd, and they didn't even try anything different with RE4, which they could since the original not only holds up but is available everywhere... Code Veronica desperately needs tweaks
I consider taking REmake 2's approach and expanding upon what's familiar rather than radically changing things for REmake 4 (instead of doing what they did with REmake 3 in having that be RE3 in name only) to be a positive, even with RE4 widely available on modern platforms. Code: Veronica, by comparison, I would be more open to seeing receive drastic changes.
I'm fucking saying

All the other games in the series play great but goddamn is Code Veronica rough
Being in full 3D yet having it being purely cosmetic outside of two weapons reserved for bosses doesn't help, but that's just one of its problems.

Last edited:

Marus

Alt account
Banned
Aug 6, 2022
News flash: People are more likely to buy a remake for a game they like, then buy a remake for a game they didn't like.

The RE series has never been more popular. People would absolutely play a remake of CV especially if they fixed the issues people have with it. Claire deserves it.

That said. I think they remake RE1 again before CV

Nov 8, 2017
Both in terms of sales and fan reputation, CVX and RE0 are both low on the totem pole and easy to skip as basically unimportant side games with only small followings. Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil 5 are both enormously popular by comparison. A RE5 remake would also bring the opportunity to once again tackle coop - but I'm unsure if they'll choose to keep going and do that.

I maintain my opinion that CVX basically makes the series worse for existing. First of all you've got the very yikes villains and Steve being a pig. Then you've got the fact that the story's only enduring contribution to canon is "wow Wesker is alive!" which has no benefits versus the audience learning this information in RE4. The story itself is rubbish, filled with melodrama and just spinning it's wheels on the main plot. RE4 cutting ahead and just killing umbrella off screen was one of the best things they could do because it was really just getting tired at this point to have characters ending multiple games in a row of "... next time, I'll take out Umbrella for good!" It didn't even have great monster designs or boss fights to redeem it.

Last edited:

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
The problem with doing CV is that you kind of need to do 0 and 1 first since it's a part of the Wesker series. And I wouldn't be against remakes of those in RE2/3/4 style.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
i'm a weirdo and consider CV "the real RE3"

that said i'm cool with them leaving it alone. would be cool to play it on modern platforms in whatever way, however

Last edited: