• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island

View: https://twitter.com/biohazarddoctor/status/1639288740953612292?s=20

View: https://twitter.com/biohazarddoctor/status/1639315937294794777?s=20

• Leon (2 Versions)
  • Ada (2 Versions)
  • Hunk
  • Wesker
  • Krauser
  • Luis

Looks like Luis got an upgrade to actually being playable this time around. There will also be costumes for some of the characters with their own loadouts (So 8 Playable characters total counting the different costumes). Nice to see that everyone made it in as there was worry it might only be Leon when the idea was brought up awhile back.

OaklandKao

Mar 21, 2022
Not sure how I feel about the way Ada's dress looks. The pure red just seemed better, now it just seems like "oh hey, reminder she's Chinese"

Because people apparently didn't know that?

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Based upon Luis's extended role in the remake, makes sense that he'd be added to Mercenaries.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wesker is gonna be lit on this engine.

The Gold Hawk

Jan 30, 2019
Yorkshire
Yay Luis. Any means to get the Red9 into mercenaries is fine by me.

I always assumed, many decades ago, that he would also have the bolt action rifle since no one else had it in their load out.

Deleted member 128578

Dec 2, 2022
Awesome that Luis is finally playable in Mercs but yeah this is about what I expected. Can't wait to play it next month!

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Hopefully this update comes with fixes for Xbox's dead zone & PlayStation/PC's gyro issues.

Bob White

Oct 27, 2017
So is this the first RE engine Wesker?

Fr_r4apWIAQC_SM

Oct 27, 2017
God I hope Wesker has his thrust punch and axe kick. Please, Capcom.
Haha same here. I'm not sure how the thrust punch fits in with the more gritty tone they've gone with in the Remake, because it's crazy over the top (but awesome). I can see them changing it so it's more reminiscent of the Cobra Strike in RE5 Mercenaries, but I'd like to be wrong.

Deleted member 128578

Dec 2, 2022
All the images from the tweets incase anyone can't see them;

Fr_sWOmWAAMXByH
Fr_r56fWYAIrBki

Fr_ry4RX0AIRWXf
Fr_r0h_WAAIVY0Y

Fr_saYvWAAEtyjh
FsAFGScXwBcNsE5

Fr_sXs3WAAAA8Cp
Fr_r4apWIAQC_SM

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Haha same here. I'm not sure how the thrust punch fits in with the more gritty tone they've gone with in the Remake, because it's crazy over the top (but awesome). I can see them changing it so it's more reminiscent of the Cobra Strike in RE5 Mercenaries, but I'd like to be wrong.

Imagine if the axe kick can cut ganados in half vertically the way grenades can blow them in half horizontally.

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Ada, Hunk and Chris have already been swapped in. Not sure if they have issues though.

I remember if you did Neckbreaker with Hunk in OG Re4 the game would crash.
If they fixed that and remake can have that with no issue, it would be a dream honestly lol.

Always thought about how much fun it would be to play as Wesker, Krauser, an Hunk specifically in RE4's Campaign due to their overpowered melee

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Was hoping for Jill, Chris, and Claire as well. Why not? Couldn't be that hard to move them over

We know we're getting SW as DLC at this point. If I were to guess, they might bring others to the game with the Gold Edition like we saw with RE5 back in the day. So Jill, Chris, Claire, and Carlos would be easy ones to drop in.

The dream would be Gold Edition adding characters like that and bringing in coop.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
We know we're getting SW as DLC at this point. If I were to guess, they might bring others to the game with the Gold Edition like we saw with RE5 back in the day. So Jill, Chris, Claire, and Carlos would be easy ones to drop in.

The dream would be Gold Edition adding characters like that and bringing in coop.
God I hope that happens. I really just want one game that has mercenaries to finally for once put in Jill, Chris, Claire, and Leon all at once

Grimminski

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
If they fixed that and remake can have that with no issue, it would be a dream honestly lol.

Always thought about how much fun it would be to play as Wesker, Krauser, an Wesker specifically in RE4's Campaign due to their overpwoered melee
I wonder if the melee could be modded into the main game. This will be the first RE Engine game were that can be tested.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017

Always thought about how much fun it would be to play as Wesker, Krauser, an Hunk specifically in RE4's Campaign due to their overpowered melee

I remember this. So disappointing. Could have been the ultimate action replay seller.

After 18 years did they ever figure out how to get the mercs characters playable in the main campaign? Lol

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I remember this. So disappointing. Could have been the ultimate action replay seller.

After 18 years did they ever figure out how to get the mercs characters playable in the main campaign? Lol

I believe they made it not as crash prone but it still crashes. So there's no easy way to play the whole game as hunk without headache.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
So Leon, Ada, Wesker, and a bunch of non-Jill Valentines. I do kind of wish this was just a standalone thing.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
So Leon, Ada, Wesker, and a bunch of non-Jill Valentines. I do kind of wish this was just a standalone thing.

I think this is entirely understandable for a Resident Evil 4 Mercenaries mode. This is what the original RE4 Mercs was, plus a bonus RE4 character. They can expand it out further with later patches/content drops but this was the absolute standard they needed to set from the beginning.

Should they make a standalone Mercs game with TONS of cross-franchise representation eventually? Sure. But RE4 needs its Mercs minigame and I'm glad they knew that and seem to be doing it right.

OaklandKao

Mar 21, 2022
I think this is entirely understandable for a Resident Evil 4 Mercenaries mode. This is what the original RE4 Mercs was, plus a bonus RE4 character. They can expand it out further with later patches/content drops but this was the absolute standard they needed to set from the beginning.

Should they make a standalone Mercs game with TONS of cross-franchise representation eventually? Sure. But RE4 needs its Mercs minigame and I'm glad they knew that and seem to be doing it right.
Capcom sitting on Mercs 3D for a decade still baffles me.