• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

PedroRVD

Oct 25, 2017
Ecuador
Tried the demo a lot … Series X looks significantly better. But I LOVE gyro controls on PS5 😭😭. I hope they release a day 1 patch to improve PS5 visuals 🙏🏻

Tendo

Oct 26, 2017
Tried the demo a lot … Series X looks significantly better. But I LOVE gyro controls on PS5 😭😭. I hope they release a day 1 patch to improve PS5 visuals 🙏🏻
Same. Turning off lens and CA helps the ps5 a ton but I still think the xbox image quality is way better. But I'm a trophy hunter so I'm sticking with ps5. Also the square dead zones on xbox were driving me crazy.

Sep 15, 2021
this is a real dumbass question but the standard edition listing on PS store is for both PS5 and PS4 right? Only ask because I bought a PS5 version of a game a few months ago and it was literally impossible to contact anyone at Sony to get a refund

Sketchsanchez

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like I'm missing out not playing this. However, I dont complete resident evil games when I normally complete all games. I didn't complete resident evil 7 or 3. Something about them just doesn't quite fit with the sort of games I normally enjoy.

After playing the demo, I wasn't blown away by it, the animations weren't as good as last of us part two, the graphics weren't as good, the acting and story doesnt appealed me. However, everyone's enthusiasm for resident evil 4 makes me want to try it but I feel like I would much rather replay last of us part two.

Is it nostalgia which is making everybody love it or is it genuinely that good? Help me Era!
I await your inevitable "LTTP RE4 is bad?" thread where you go into how you go into how you knew you wouldn't like it but let Era talk you into anyway

WBacon

Capcom USA
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
California
fLWTD6e.png

This is what is showing to me. Can we get a confirmation please WBacon ?

Steam
Europe/Japan/Oceania/Rest of Asia:
2023.03.24 0:00 UTC (2023.03.23 17:00 PDT)

Americas:
2023.03.24 0:00 EDT (2023.03.23 21:00 PDT)

PS4/PS5/Xbox
Midnight launch per platform territory

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like I'm missing out not playing this. However, I dont complete resident evil games when I normally complete all games. I didn't complete resident evil 7 or 3. Something about them just doesn't quite fit with the sort of games I normally enjoy.

After playing the demo, I wasn't blown away by it, the animations weren't as good as last of us part two, the graphics weren't as good, the acting and story doesnt appealed me. However, everyone's enthusiasm for resident evil 4 makes me want to try it but I feel like I would much rather replay last of us part two.

Is it nostalgia which is making everybody love it or is it genuinely that good? Help me Era!
Definitely not nostalgia, as the original RE4 is still a great game even today. That said, as others have noted, while it's clear that the team who developed this remake have a passion for the original, its approach is very different, and the changes (be they gameplay, tone, or narrative) aren't bound to work for everyone. OG RE4 is more arcade-y and deliberate in its mechanics and encounter design in what's typically summed up as "stop and pop" gameplay, whereas the remake is more twitchy not unlike a character action game would be with its emphasis on parries and crouch dodges to deal with faster and more aggressive enemies to account for it adding moving while shooting in spite of Leon being slower and more weighty.

You likely won't find what you're looking for with acting or story, but the original RE4 is a very fun game on sale for much cheaper ($8 for the digital PS4 version) if you'd like to give that a try.

Tendo

Oct 26, 2017

Just don't buy this game. It really is that good. it's not nostalgia. But I can tell from your post you're going to bounce off of it.

Apr 19, 2018
But the crucial question: will you be mixing herbs the tried and true way of placing them on top of each other from within the attache case? Or will you be a heathen and resort to using the Craft screen?

Remember, there is no wrong answer. The latter is very clearly the wrong way.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else rushing to finish a game before this releases? I'm currently halfway through Judgment and desperately trying to at least finish the main story because I know once this game comes out, I won't touch Judgment for a long time. And I would rather it not come to that since I'm enjoying the story. I feel busy.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
Anyone else rushing to finish a game before this releases? I'm currently halfway through Judgment and desperately trying to at least finish the main story because I know once this game comes out, I won't touch Judgment for a long time. And I would rather it not come to that since I'm enjoying the story. I feel busy.
I was going to start a game a couple of days ago but pulled the plug quick. Need to be fully charged cause I tend do multiple playthroughs for RE games

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
I don't really do this as I like to take my time with games, but RE4 is an event and I need more space on my SSD so I've been pushing my way through Mafia which is 40+ gigs. Only like 3 missions left.

I really need to bite on a 2tb internal drive already. For both my PS5 and PC, despite having over 2 dozen tb of external storage.

wamoss

Aug 11, 2022
I might run through it on switch, but not sure. Did finally beat the vr version at least. Since Mercs had me hooked instead.

Pharaoh

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017

Yes, I'm trying to finish Cyberpunk 2077. I'm close to the end but haven't been able to play it much this last week/weekend. Hopefully I'll get there.

Supreme Leader Galahad

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
Wont be able to play it on launch day since i want to first finish REmake and REmake 3(which is going to be my first time) but at least i bought the Deluxe already. Love you Capcom.

Supreme Leader Galahad

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Brazil

Dont buy it, you wont like it, just let us enjoy it.

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017

I dunno if I would be holding games up to TLOU standards for animations and graphics. There are only a handful of games that meet that sort of quality, so why even compare? You are severely limiting your choices if you discard anything that doesn't achieve that.

Regardless, most of the praise for RE4 comes from the gameplay, level design, boss fights, etc, which is top tier. Whether or not the remake recaptures this magic remains to be seen but I think it has a shot.

Mar 15, 2022

Resident Evil 4 is a special game. Back in time, i was at college living in a students republic and saw guys playing it. I didn't played the entire game, but watched a lot, and very cool game. Later i finished it on the PS4. Nowadays i had the same impression with the demo: the graphics are bad. Yes. Technically wise, yes. The last of us part 2 on a base PS4 has better graphics. BUT the general ambience of RE 4 is good. The plot is there because everything needs a plot.. forget the history. There's some reference to The Los Illuminados Church and other things, but forget the plot! The joy here is the gunplay and the art direction. (TLOU2 has better graphics, but i don't like Seattle Pos-Apocalyptical.. RE4' world is so much more interesting). Is delicious to give massive headshots and explode enemies heads with the sniper, the shotgun, desert eagle... hard to explain, but very satisfying! Few games has the same effect.
[SPOILER=DO NOT READ IF U DONT WANT,
There's the spanish village, then a big castle and some military island and mines in the end, wich seems out of context to me (the final moments of the game, 20%, lets say, and 80% are the village+castle). Capcom did some CTRL+C/CTRL+V in the RE4's Village to make RE 8 VIIIage. There's also the cemetery, the crowns wich you can shoot and a lot of details/collectibles..

RE4 is not flawless, but very passionate game. Not only zombies, and more zombies. Not 1st person experimental garbage like the 7 (8 is a little better, because it copies the 4th a lot). Capcom and Nintendo was very inspired when they did this. I think you should give it a try.

Last edited:

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Steam
Europe/Japan/Oceania/Rest of Asia:
2023.03.24 0:00 UTC (2023.03.23 17:00 PDT)

Americas:
2023.03.24 0:00 EDT (2023.03.23 21:00 PDT)

PS4/PS5/Xbox
Midnight launch per platform territory
Thank you, so it's 1am for me which means i will only play after work on Friday :x

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Even if it's not in the thread title, somewhere in the OT should be a translation for "atrás de ti imbecil!" It's the most useful Spanish you will ever need for the game.
It means "behind you, you stupid dumbfuck."

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
But the crucial question: will you be mixing herbs the tried and true way of placing them on top of each other from within the attache case? Or will you be a heathen and resort to using the Craft screen?

Remember, there is no wrong answer. The latter is very clearly the wrong way.
I feel like there is no point in doing it the crafting way. I'm real happy they allow you to still do it the classic way.