• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Hero_Select

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
www.ign.com

Resident Evil 4 VR Cuts Certain Content Including Voice Lines and Animations - IGN

Resident Evil 4 VR has removed a couple lines of dialogue and animation for this full remake.
uploadvr.com

Resident Evil 4 VR Doesn't Include Mercenaries Or Bonus Campaigns

Resident Evil 4 VR won’t include the bonus Mercenaries mode or additional campaigns when it launches on Oculus Quest 2 tomorrow. We’ve beaten the game ourselves and can confirm the bonus modes aren’t available once you’ve beaten the campaign. In other versions of the game, the
I'm out.

So sorry for you, here, I'll make you feel better.

"Hey, wanna fuck later? Oh and you have big boobs. Let me look at your panties. Also you're 19 and I'm 28."

Congrats, I filled in the gaps that RE4 VR left out.
Hey now, she's 20 and Leon is only seven years older than her! Granted, Leon looks old for 27, but I'm pretty sure that the Raccoon City incident was liable to add at least 5 years to someone that lived through it and isn't BOW inclined.

Maxpower45

Jul 6, 2019
Looking forward to this my gf and I picked up a quest 2 about a month ago. RE4 is my favorite so I'm excited!

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I've been salivating since the reveal and these last 24 hours feel like hell. LET ME IN.
uploadvr.com

Resident Evil 4 VR won’t include the bonus Mercenaries mode or additional campaigns when it launches on Oculus Quest 2 tomorrow. We’ve beaten the game ourselves and can confirm the bonus modes aren’t available once you’ve beaten the campaign. In other versions of the game, the
But okay, this shit is fucked.

erikNORML

Oct 30, 2017
Does anyone know the reason there hasn't been some way to emulate the Quest environment on your PCVR or more ports between the two? I understand the Quest is running something like a super modified Android system which could make compatibility issues a thing, but man it stinks to have a PC and Rift S that could beast mode this and other Quest exclusives like Jurassic World and Star Wars, but no way to actually play them.

Oct 25, 2017
Actually I think she's a 2,000 year old demon
Ashley was older than me the first time I looked up her skirt, her age isn't the issue, she's straight up an adult. You can't turn this into some creepy pedo thing.
It's that looking up someone's skirt is just pervy as is.

Whatever, non-factor, other than how the characterization of Luis and Ashley *completely* changes when she flips out on him now basically for saying "hi".
I wish they'd found a way to just have Luis say something else that was generally rude, but nah now Ashley's a spaz. But, I think most of the people who are going to be playing this know the original dialogue by now. The other dialogue? Eh, I guess it removes some of the "Leon is a cornball flirt" but it's not anything to blink an eye at missing.

Does anyone know the reason there hasn't been some way to emulate the Quest environment on your PCVR or more ports between the two? I understand the Quest is running something like a super modified Android system which could make compatibility issues a thing, but man it stinks to have a PC and Rift S that could beast mode this and other Quest exclusives like Jurassic World and Star Wars, but no way to actually play them.
Nah what fucking sucks is that I want to stream this game and unless I want to pull out my phone mid game and take my headset off there's NO fucking way to check chat.

Miamiwesker

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
I feel everything I bought VR for has been leading up to this moment. I get to be inside One of my favorite games ever. We know this game is a 10/10, let's just hope it translates well and it looks like it does

CosmicGP

Oct 28, 2017
Looks fun.

There's a bit of a missed opportunity with the knife though. Looks awkward when trying to cut enemies on the floor. It'd be more fun to have the ability to crouch down, switch to a backhand grip and go stabby mcstab like a crazed murderer.

NealMcCauley

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like the ultimate John Wick simulator. Watching a ng+ run with maxed out weapons will likely be a hoot.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
I don't even remember the looking up the skirt thing tbh, but that removal is good. As far as the Luis lines, that seems odd to me. It establishes that he's a sleazy wannabe ladies man, and that moment is framed in a way that's clearly supposed to be gross, then he dies pretty soon afterward iirc. I see the logic, but feels kind of unnecessary when you consider the context. But it's no big deal or anything, I can see why they edited it out.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't even remember the looking up the skirt thing tbh, but that removal is good. As far as the Luis lines, that seems odd to me. It establishes that he's a sleazy wannabe ladies man, and that moment is framed in a way that's clearly supposed to be gross, then he dies pretty soon afterward iirc. I see the logic, but feels kind of unnecessary when you consider the context. But it's no big deal or anything, I can see why they edited it out.
I would disagree. The line is plainly a sexist joke, not a condemnation of Luis. And consider that Capcom had even named an achievement "Secure the Ballistics" when you save Ashley, removing all doubt.

0ptimusPayne

Oct 27, 2017
Highly recommend this video, gameplay looks awesome and the person playing is having a lot of fun with it.

Petting the cow while busting knee caps sold the game for me. Now I need to use some of this Gamestop credit and buy a quest 2 lol. I should wait for the event, but ill still be within the return policy anyway I guess.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
So the content that IGN article is referring to is specifically relates to sexual content like Luis sexually harassing Ashley was cut and being able to look up Ashley's skirt was removed from the game which quite frankly in 2021 those seem like good cuts to make.
Actually IGN also mention that Mercs and the Ada Separate Ways content is cut (which is stuff I'd actually want in the game). Dont blame you for missing that though, its barely mentioned in the article save for a sentence right at the bottom of it (quite why they didnt flesh it out a bit more I dont know, those are pretty substantial cuts all things considered)

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
Actually IGN also mention that Mercs and the Ada Separate Ways content is cut (which is stuff I'd actually want in the game). Dont blame you for missing that though, its barely mentioned in the article save for a sentence right at the bottom of it (quite why they didnt flesh it out a bit more I dont know, those are pretty substantial cuts all things considered)
No I know that stuff was mentioned there but my point was the focus of the IGN article wasn't that stuff, it was the removal of the sexual content.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
I would disagree. The line is plainly a sexist joke, not a condemnation of Luis. And consider that Capcom had even named an achievement "Secure the Ballistics" when you save Ashley, removing all doubt.

I don't remember the achievement, but yeah, you're probably right. I feel like the way that scene plays out in my head it was framed in a way that made Luis look bad, but that could just be me projecting my feelings now on it. It's been a good while since I revisited RE4 and watched all the cutscenes

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
No I know that stuff was mentioned there but my point was the focus of the IGN article wasn't that stuff, it was the removal of the sexual content.
Oh, well in that case I agree with your point. That stuff was fine to cut. I wont really miss that Ashley stuff because its like, a couple of lines and a pointless feature. Plus, not like I dont have a ton of different ports of RE4 if I really must have uncut Luis conversations. I just wish IGN would have written their article better to outline all the cut content better.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
I think this is specifically why it's not a thing yet though I don't know enough about the logistics of that to tell you why. I do think it's odd that I've never heard of any project trying to emulate Quest on PC though considering there have been Quest exclusives for years now (though RE4VR is easily the highest profile one).

Hero_Select

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So the content that IGN article is referring to is specifically relates to sexual content like Luis sexually harassing Ashley was cut and being able to look up Ashley's skirt was removed from the game which quite frankly in 2021 those seem like good cuts to make.
I think the little bits of where Ashley flirts with Leon were also removed. The looking up the skirt thing I totally understand though. But it's also more about the Mercenaries mode being removed which is a huuuuuuge bummer for me. The amount of time I spent on Mercinaries in 4,5,6 must be over 100+ hrs and it would have been really damn fun to play through that in VR.

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
I have a gaming pc and a ton of VR games and honestly....we mostly play the quest standalone. Not always, but the majority for sure. It's got a great software library that should keep you busy for a while with more great games coming. Might be prudent to wait and see what oculus unveils in the near future though.

Oh, thanks, for some reason I thought the Quest 2 was just released.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
uploadvr.com

No Mercenaries seems like a waste. I'm not a VR person, but I would think a time attack gallery shooter would've been perfect for VR.

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
I think FB funded the development of this.

Oculus paid for the development of the game. It will likely be Oculus only forever.

Facebook funded this. Oculus only. Actually, Quest 2 only.

This should probably go in the OP of every thread about this game. The only way this is coming to other VR platforms is if someone else develops it all over again.

DemonFox

Oct 29, 2017
Oh wow. It kind of sucks that I can't even play this game on my rift. The funny thing is, you can't even buy the Quest 2 here in Germany since... uh... forever.

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017

Cool. Now we can talk about whether this is good. I'm stoked that it appears to be. I can't play it tomorrow (my wife's birthday), but I'll be all over it this weekend!

It's the reason I bought a Quest 2, and I'm glad I did because I've been enjoying the hell out of it. I tried to like the Rift, but it was never quite good enough. Same for PSVR with even worse results, man that thing sucks. The Quest 2 is a huge improvement, and at a way lower price. Just what VR needs to get a little footing. Very smart of them to port one of the all-time greats to it, too.

Flandy

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I sure hope they add in the extra content later. Loved Merc's and the extra campaigns back when I first played this on Wii

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm, sucks that there is no Mercenary mode/extra campaigns. I wanted to do the extra campaigns since I never did them back in the day. Not sure if I really want to buy this, though, as I am positive it will be $40 and I have no discount coupon currently. And played it on Wii and PC already.

We_care_a_lot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Summerside PEI
Oh, thanks, for some reason I thought the Quest 2 was just released.
it just turned one year old I think?

now, mind you the quest 2 is an amazing device. It's really the all around best vr on the market as long as you don't mind facebook. No regrets here at all.

but....something better might be just around the corner if rumors are to be believed.

Nessus

Oct 28, 2017
Nice. I was cautiously optimistic that this would be good, given how much I ended up loving Doom 3 VR for PSVR by the same team.

Canas Renvall

Banned
Mar 4, 2018
Whatever, non-factor, other than how the characterization of Luis and Ashley *completely* changes when she flips out on him now basically for saying "hi".
I wish they'd found a way to just have Luis say something else that was generally rude, but nah now Ashley's a spaz. But, I think most of the people who are going to be playing this know the original dialogue by now. The other dialogue? Eh, I guess it removes some of the "Leon is a cornball flirt" but it's not anything to blink an eye at missing.
To be fair, it can easily be seen as Ashley being extremely on edge. Anyone that isn't Leon up to this point has been trying to kidnap or kill her. Can't blame her for being distrustful.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
To be fair, it can easily be seen as Ashley being extremely on edge. Anyone that isn't Leon up to this point has been trying to kidnap or kill her. Can't blame her for being distrustful.
Yeah, given everything she's been through, the reaction doesn't seem all that out of place even with all of the dialogue that was cut in the lead-up to it. The way the scene is spliced together as a result feels a little bit weird / off in a way that makes it seem like something might be missing, but besides that it's fine.

Dec 25, 2018
I don't even get why VR has exclusives, it's a super niche market. That being said, this experience looks amazing. Sad it's exclusive though, would really love to play it.

hydro94530

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area
It's not on the level of the HD project but man the textures look really good, way better than any HD version so far. I need this shit NOW!!!

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I do hope one day this gets ported to PCVR even it still exclusive to the Oculus store on PC.

I do wonder if no extra modes is due to space concerns on the Quest 2.