• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Will Capcom fix these issues at some point?

• Yes, both of these issues will be fixed

Votes: 227 28.3%
  • Only PS5 image quality will be fixed

Votes: 216 26.9%
  • Only Xbox controller deadzone behaviour will be fixed

Votes: 56 7.0%
  • Nope, Capcom doesn‘t care as long as it sells enough

Votes: 304 37.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gitaroo

Nov 3, 2017
Anyone know what if pc version still got RTGI? I check the SSAO around the lamp as DF guys pointed out due to lack of RTGI like previous titles, but it doesn't seems to be any issue on PC. Also I noticed the lighting is definitely different than PC compare to consoles, everything looks more refined. You notice it immediately as soon as the game boot up, we be nice if they have kept RTGI on pc just to future proof it.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
Even with all of that turned off, it's noticeable. But not to the point that I'd say actively detracts from the experience. Probably depends on what you're playing on. I sit a good 7-8 feet from a 65" OLED. It's fuzzier but still looks good.

It still needs to be addressed though. No reason it should be happening.
In my opinion it is not, no

I see, thanks.

IIRC John from DF said the CA was broken on PS5 and I also saw a mention that disabling motion blur helped so I was wondering if the complaints came from there.

I guess it probably has a higher chance of getting improved compared to the deadzone issues on Xbox since Capcom seems to always ignore those for some reason. But hopefully complaints reach them.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Really don't want to support Jim's Ryan but I'll prob swap pre-order platforms. Plus, if I ever get the VR2, that's value.

I had a very difficult time noticing the difference between the demos, visually aside from framerate (I have a vrr tv).

But when the dithering was pointed out it was hard not to notice. The sticking point to me was being able to merc a bird mid flight in the PS demo.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Anyone know what if pc version still got RTGI? I check the SSAO around the lamp as DF guys pointed out due to lack of RTGI like previous titles, but it doesn't seems to be any issue on PC. Also I noticed the lighting is definitely different than PC compare to consoles, everything looks more refined. You notice it immediately as soon as the game boot up, we be nice if they have kept RTGI on pc just to future proof it.
Just RT reflections, PC version is missing RTGI too.

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
PC offers higher settings for AO and shadows than the consoles have, so if you've pushed those settings all the way up that probably explains what you're seeing.

I wish they'd kept RTGI too though.

WBacon

Capcom USA
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
California
WBacon Capcom surely is aware at this point that something is wrong here

Sorry, I'm not directly involved on that front so I can't speak on behalf of the dev team. That being said, I think they're generally aware of community feedback through surveys/questionnaires and social media such as Capcom Dev 1 official Twitter account.

Gitaroo

Nov 3, 2017
Just RT reflections, PC version is missing RTGI too.
PC offers higher settings for AO and shadows than the consoles have, so if you've pushed those settings all the way up that probably explains what you're seeing.

I wish they'd kept RTGI too though.
Guess pc higher settings also help with the rendering inaccuracies the game runs very good wirh DLSS mod but unfortunately crashes alot due to vram usage

Randy Savage

Banned
Feb 6, 2023
I played and beat re4 on Xbox one like 3 years ago and for whatever reason I had zero issues with the controls. I have nothing to really compare it to because I played and beat re4 on the GameCube when I was in jr high and I'm 31 lol so it's not like I remember exactly what the controls were like.

With that said I downloaded the remake demo and man it's feels awful. Like the aiming itself isn't even that bad but movement feels so awful it's like your just lurching forward through sludge lmao. I really can't explain it. Dude I was so hyped for this but I really don't know if im gonna buy this man.

Oct 25, 2017
The PC version looks graphically amazing, turned out even better than I could have imagined. I don't have a PC but those that do are in for a treat! Hopefully they can clean up some of these issues with console versions eventually.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
I played and beat re4 on Xbox one like 3 years ago and for whatever reason I had zero issues with the controls. I have nothing to really compare it to because I played and beat re4 on the GameCube when I was in jr high and I'm 31 lol so it's not like I remember exactly what the controls were like.

With that said I downloaded the remake demo and man it's feels awful. Like the aiming itself isn't even that bad but movement feels so awful it's like your just lurching forward through sludge lmao. I really can't explain it. Dude I was so hyped for this but I really don't know if im gonna buy this man.
You honestly get used to it. I was swapping back and forth between OG and the demo and nothing felt off. To me anyway.

Davilmar

Oct 27, 2017

I literally just played RE4 PC for the first time after only playing the original Gamecube and PS2 version. The tank controls felt natural to me, even after coming off RE2 Remake. I can't however share that same love for RE4 Remake, and I agree with you on the controls. Leon moves sluggishly, I often can't get him to smoothly move around enemies, and his animations are all over the place hitting objects, enemies that attack him, etc. Half the difficulty wasn't even the enemies in the village but getting Leon to move even remotely precisely and not like he's a stumbling drunk. Its jarring playing OG RE4 on PC and navigating around with little issue, and playing this remake.

Fortinbras

Oct 27, 2017

You should play Village in third person view and the RE4. RE4 feels unplayable in comparison.

Even without direct comparison to the previous RE game, RE4 feels completely off as a third person action adventure.

maverick261

Nov 1, 2017
You should play Village in third person view and the RE4. RE4 feels unplayable in comparison.

Even without direct comparison to the previous RE game, RE4 feels completely off as a third person action adventure.
It's embarassing, yes. But imo it's not unplayable. I got used to it and hitting the heads was not a problem for me after a little time.

GTVision

Oct 28, 2017
Like some others mentioned, I tried turning off chromatic aberration on the PS5 version, and that really helps a lot with the image quality. I think the IQ is fine this way.

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
Didn't realise there were issues with Resi Village on the series X?

I played it and it felt okay.

This definitely felt slow to play, the demo, but i thought it was intentional, I'll give the ps5 version a go now.

Side note - is Resi Village better to play in third person or first? I need to complete it still.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
Side note - is Resi Village better to play in third person or first? I need to complete it still.
The FOV in Village is pretty narrow, so I'd pick 3rd person. But you loose some of the tension you get with 1st person obviously.
BTW: You need the DLC to play in 3rd person.

Waffle

Oct 28, 2017
Does the PC version have Dualsense features or did Capcom maybe talk about adding it in the future?

FluffyQuack

Nov 27, 2017
Does the PC version have Dualsense features or did Capcom maybe talk about adding it in the future?
Your question made me realize I had been playing the demo with Steam Input turned on with my Dualsense, which meant it was converting the input into Xinput.

I just tried turning Steam Input off now. The demo supports DirectInput just fine and the controls work, but unfortunately, there are no haptics or adaptive triggers.

Waffle

Oct 28, 2017
Your question made me realize I had been playing the demo with Steam Input turned on with my Dualsense, which meant it was converting the input into Xinput.

I just tried turning Steam Input off now. The demo supports DirectInput just fine and the controls work, but unfortunately, there are no haptics or adaptive triggers.
Thanks for reporting back. That's unfortunate and I hope Capcom considers adding it in with a patch.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't realise there were issues with Resi Village on the series X?

I played it and it felt okay.

This definitely felt slow to play, the demo, but i thought it was intentional, I'll give the ps5 version a go now.

Some sequences shine in 1st person but I feel like 80% of the game is much better in 3rd person. Especially the last third.

They had no idea what they were doing this time around outside of cinematic direction when it comes to FPS. A real shame because 7 was so well made.
Not sad to see it go, re4 is here to reinforce 3rd person for a while.

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
The 1st person FOV in Village gave me motion sickness after like 30 minutes. Haven't tried the 3rd person mode yet, is it any better?
3rd person is a lot better. I couldn't even watch someone play Village for more than 30 min in FPV without feeling sick, but yesterday I played a good chunk in TPV and it was great. I wish they'd go back and patch RE7 too.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
Everyone in here complaining about the deadzone issues on Xbox, and I'm sure they're completely valid. But to me the ps5 image quality issue is even worse because there's just no explanation for it. Like what the fucking hell is that?
im not buying the XSX version because the deadzone ruins the game. Im not joking. Ill be buying the PS5 version because in my personal opinion I cant play that trash

and I dunno if any of the reviewers played on XSX but if they did and they saw through it or refused to mention how bad the controls are shame on them its a fucking joke

ScOULaris

Oct 25, 2017
im not buying the XSX version because the deadzone ruins the game. Im not joking. Ill be buying the PS5 version because in my personal opinion I cant play that trash

and I dunno if any of the reviewers played on XSX but if they did and they saw through it or refused to mention how bad the controls are shame on them its a fucking joke

I think both versions are ruined by their respective issues, personally.

Zem

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Also, and I don't think it's my brain playing tricks on me, but Leon doesn't move forward smoothly. At least the camera seems to have a slight "lurching" feel to it that aligns with Leon's steps forward. Along with the awful controls it makes for a horrible experience.

It makes it look like the rubber banding lag you get in an online multiplayer game. Makes it feel even worse than it normally would.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017

Lol I got dogpiled in the review thread for asking if they'd fixed the Xbox controls. Glad to know it's a known issue, and I won't buy until they fix.

taahahmed

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
United States

I'm probably going to do the same as well. I have low tolerance for poor controls now.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
The 1st person FOV in Village gave me motion sickness after like 30 minutes. Haven't tried the 3rd person mode yet, is it any better?

I feel you, the FOV in first person is really bad. Third person is much better though and chances are high you'll be able to play it this way without having issues.

Last edited:

dralla

Oct 27, 2017
Everyone in here complaining about the deadzone issues on Xbox, and I'm sure they're completely valid. But to me the ps5 image quality issue is even worse because there's just no explanation for it. Like what the fucking hell is that?
What am I even reading here.. Having a slightly softer image and some minor artifact'ing on foliage is not worse than the game controlling like garbage. The PS5 IQ is likely a bug that will be fixed. The Xbox deadzone issues are a design decision from Capcom and likely won't be fixed.

NuclearCake

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What am I even reading here.. Having a slightly softer image and some minor artifact'ing on foliage is not worse than the game controlling like garbage. The PS5 IQ is likely a bug that will be fixed. The Xbox deadzone issues are a design decision from Capcom and likely won't be fixed.

It doesn't really matter which version you think is worse. The point is that neither of these problems should be a thing in the first place.

ScOULaris

Oct 25, 2017
Both can and should be fixed, and both are utterly perplexing. Let's just agree on that.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I wonder if the Xbox Deadzone stuff is an issue from them not using a standard Xbox One controller when testing it out.
Have said before, other RE games are notorious for having worse controls than the PS version (funny enough Re4 classic on PS4 and Xbox is a good example of that).

I've never understood why they have such a different change and the only idea I have is that they're not testing with the standard controller.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
I wonder if the Xbox Deadzone stuff is an issue from them not using a standard Xbox One controller when testing it out.
Have said before, other RE games are notorious for having worse controls than the PS version (funny enough Re4 classic on PS4 and Xbox is a good example of that).

I've never understood why they have such a different change and the only idea I have is that they're not testing with the standard controller.
What other controller would they be using? They would be using an xbox controller with the dev kit

nexus

Oct 25, 2017
Booted up the xsx demo and it is pretty wild how far you tilt the stick before Leon or aim moves.

Majora85

Nov 21, 2017
I have been going back and forth as to which version I get but more and more I think it will be the PS5 version.

Even if I put the PS5 demo in resolution mode and disable CA, DOF etc it still doesn't look as sharp and defined as the Series X version in performance mode which is wild to me. But the IQ is tolerable which is more than can be said for the deadzones on the Series X version.

Plus, I do really miss that the Xbox version has literally no trigger rumble when you fire a gun. It made firing the pistol feel so much less satisfying.

I'll probably hang on right up until release day to see if anything changes and then make a decision what to get digitally.

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
But to me the ps5 image quality issue is even worse because there's just no explanation for it. Like what the fucking hell is that?

I don't know, I'd say it's the other way round.
There can be technical reasons for worse IQ (though it's probably a bug here).
Botched controls though? Those required some work specifically to get wrong. And there's no reason, no advantage, no performance gain to be had there.

Dance Inferno

Oct 29, 2017
I have to imagine the controls will get patched for Xbox. Reminds me of when Uncharted 3 launched with weird controls and ND patched it shortly thereafter.

Deleted member 50735

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 10, 2018
Dunno, was just an idea. Was thinking maybe they're still using a 360 controller or something lol.
No clue how this has happened more than once. Just glad it's finally getting called out on with RE4make
Unfortunately, my demo impressions showed to me this isn't a gamepad issue, but a deadzone and response curve configuration one for the xbox platform. i.e it would be awful on any gamepad.

Booted up the xsx demo and it is pretty wild how far you tilt the stick before Leon or aim moves.
Shockingly shit isnt it. I do believe this can and might be addressed though. Its extreme. But when many reviewers seem to totally ignore it, maybe they wont... 🤷‍♂️

Bigmac

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
Can't believe these issues exist still with the day 1 patch. I'm in a bind now with which version to purchase. Generally I prefer playing games on my XSX, PS5 I'm ok with but the image quality thing is a bummer. PC the demo looked amazing but I prefer using a controller playing on my tv and it has similar control issues as Xbox when not using keyboard and mouse.
Basically no version is ideal for me lol. Id love to get the XSX version but I'm not confident Capcom will patch it. I might just go for ps5, assuming visual bugs might somehow be a priority for them to fix. Really disappointing.

Sulaco

Oct 27, 2017
Playing the demo on a 1440p monitor I don't notice any shimmering but some textures are a little soft (the ground tiles) in the room with the cauldron.

Controls are not perfect but feel way less sluggish in peformance mode with RT off and hair strands off.

Oct 25, 2017
A bit hard to tell from the video in the OP, but is pc busted too? I played the demo with a series x controller on my pc... was passable but I did notice getting headshots wasn't easy?

Would me using a dualsense be better?

Or is the issue more platform than controller.

Fortinbras

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry, I'm not directly involved on that front so I can't speak on behalf of the dev team. That being said, I think they're generally aware of community feedback through surveys/questionnaires and social media such as Capcom Dev 1 official Twitter account.
That makes it worse actually...

If the devs know/knew about those issues they've chosen not to fix them in previous RE games.

Control issues in Resident Evil aren't new on Xbox.

It's not an engine or platform issue, other versions are fine (or at least not as bad) and Exoprimal (also RE engine) controls great on Xbox too.

(Already got my refund from Microsoft, I'm not supporting this.)

AgentOtaku

Oct 27, 2017
That makes it worse actually...

If the devs know/knew about those issues they've chosen not to fix them in previous RE games.

Control issues in Resident Evil aren't new on Xbox.

It's not an engine or platform issue, other versions are fine (or at least not as bad) and Exoprimal (also RE engine) controls great on Xbox too.

(Already got my refund from Microsoft, I'm not supporting this.)

yup