• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ggx2ac

Sales Heaven or Sales Hell?
Oct 25, 2017
If you downloaded Resident Evil 0, 1 or 4 on Switch eShop, you can get Resident Evil 5 and/or Resident Evil 6 at a 33% discount only available by pre-order on eShop made using the same Nintendo Account.

Resident Evil 5 is 18.7GB big.
- Demo available
- Game includes all DLC
- The Mercenaries United mode: combines The Mercenaries and The Mercenaries Reunion with No Mercy Mode

Resident Evil 6 is 17.6GB big.
- Demo available
- Game includes all DLC and residentevil.net exclusive costumes.
- Costumes now useable in campaign

Edit:
eShop links

RE5: https://ec.nintendo.com/AU/en/titles/70010000015874

RE6: https://ec.nintendo.com/AU/en/titles/70010000015878

Both games release 29th of October for most regions if you forgot.

Last edited:

modestb

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
Having finished 5 for the first time very recently, it's a solidly okay game. Has some closure to Chris/Wesker if that's your thing.

Does the switch version have couch co-op? I'm told the game is a lot better with co-op

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised RE6 is smaller than RE5.
Me too. I can't imagine how, seeing as RE6 is a pretty damn huge game what with its 4 different scenarios etc. Oh well, in for all three games (I want the physical copy of 4 anyway). Glad demos have popped up, I'm really curious how 6 runs in handheld mode.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
Having demos is a good call imo, just like the preorder discounts.

Yet, they complety botchered these released and RER1/2 will probably stay the best selling games of the franchise on Switch, and deservedly so.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I own RE4 so I guess I'm gonna be eligible for that pre-order discount....

unless Capcom of Europe fucks us over again LOL

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Are these £30?

I can't say it'd be a surprise if they are considering the prices of 4, 0 and Remake but it's still ludicrous considering they're £16 on other consoles.

Deleted member 11008

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I already have RE5 on the PS4, but I will download the demo for RE6, sure. Pretty likely I will end get it (someday) at other platform but a demo never hurts :P

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
I'd like to have RE4 & 5 but rather it digital. Capcom and their pricing...

Hugare

Banned
Aug 31, 2018
Can anyone give feedback regarding the performance?

RE 5 runs poorly on the Shield, so I'm curious about the Switch version

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Incredible games. RE6 is the Bayonetta of shooters (yes, over Vanquish). Once you understand the mechanics, of course.

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
The physical edition, is it all on one cart or none or do we know the composition?

BigTime_2018

Dec 31, 2018
If you downloaded Resident Evil 0, 1 or 4 on Switch eShop, you can get Resident Evil 5 and/or Resident Evil 6 at a 33% discount only available by pre-order on eShop made using the same Nintendo Account.

I'd like to take advantage of this deal for RE5, but I don't think I'll have time to play it upon release.

I know I could save it for later, but I hate having a backlog lol

It's not a big deal tho.

test_account

Oct 25, 2017
The physical edition, is it all on one cart or none or do we know the composition?
Resident Evil 4 is on the cart as mentioned by the user above me, but i dont think Nintendo has started offering 64GB carts anyway (or have they?), which would be needed to fit all three games on one cart (about 50GB). Even if they had (or have) offered 64GB carts, the prices for those are likely quite high.

Mos Def

Sep 17, 2019
I will be grabbing 4 and 6 when both goes on sale. Played 5 on x360.
I know 4 is definitely worth it as I heard but what about 6?
Is it worth purchasing?

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
I will be grabbing 4 and 6 when both goes on sale. Played 5 on x360.
I know 4 is definitely worth it as I heard but what about 6?
Is it worth purchasing?
RE6 is a gem, but you're meant to play it like a stylish character action game - rolling and diving and sliding and ducking and jump-kicking and shoulder-checking and perfect-parrying. Many people play it like a cover shooter and don't understand it. Also, you got a stamina bar and the ability to mix/dispense herb pills on a piecemeal basis, which is brilliantly versatile but confuses people at first. The four campaigns are worth it for the story but have a sense of too many cooks in the kitchen, throwing a bazillion ideas and setpieces at you. Mercenaries is where the game shines brightest. RE6 is one of my faves, but it can be an acquired taste.

dynamitejim

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not holding out much hope for these ports. The RE4 port isn't even native 720p in handheld and doesn't hold a solid 60fps.

Deleted member 10428

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'll definitely put RE6 on my watch list. Really liked the first chapters on PS3 but the tearing/frame rate was kind of bad.

InspectorJones

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
The discount for owning at least 1 of the previously released games will help tip me over and probably get RE5.

Still upset that they decided to release RE4 on a cart since I went digital, but oh well.

Mos Def

Sep 17, 2019
RE6 is a gem, but you're meant to play it like a stylish character action game - rolling and diving and sliding and ducking and jump-kicking and shoulder-checking and perfect-parrying. Many people play it like a cover shooter and don't understand it. Also, you got a stamina bar and the ability to mix/dispense herb pills on a piecemeal basis, which is brilliantly versatile but confuses people at first. The four campaigns are worth it for the story but have a sense of too many cooks in the kitchen, throwing a bazillion ideas and setpieces at you. Mercenaries is where the game shines brightest. RE6 is one of my faves, but it can be an acquired taste.

Thanks man. Which one would you recommend first between 4 and 6?

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York
lol I couldn't imagine paying $30 for a RE6 port today. At first I thought it said $30 for both and that would be fine.