• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
No gyro assist, no buy. I don't understand how Tose got this right 2 years ago but Capcom proper just keeps failing?

dedge

Sep 15, 2019
I wish the boxart was better on the triple pack even if only one is one cart. Will definitely try these demos though even though I have PS4 copies installed and ready to go.

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This just reminds me of how disappointed I am that the RE Collection only has RE4 physical with 5 and 6 being digital codes. Had they all been on a cartridge, I would've brought them for Switch, but alas.

DanteLinkX

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They both seem to have their frame rate unlocked (handheld mode at least). It isn't 60 FPS locked, that's for sure. More like 35-50 ish. Both games look really, really crisp in handheld mode though, looks like they're running at native res with a bit of AA as well.
Awesome, I will definitely prefer unlocked framerate.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
... weren't these only $20 on PS4/XBone when they rereleased there?

If so, I continue my "Fuck off capcom" train of thought

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Jesus, Capcom, don't you know how to compress games? Those sizes are gigantic.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, I know. I've played it maxed out on PC and even now I said damn when I booted it up on Switch.
Yeah, I remember your appreciation for the game. Hopefully more people give it a fair shake and discover it. I know it can be polarizing at first — I initially hated the PS3 demo — but man, when RE6 clicks it's absolutely glorious.

dragonlife

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Do we know if Mercenaries No Mercy will be in this version of 5 and 6? I prefer vanilla Mercs in 5, but absolutely prefer No Mercy Mercs in 6 to really enjoy the game's mechanics that much more. That's a huge deciding factor on whether I'll get RE6 day one; RE5 is my personal RE4--I'll buy that on everything.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Do we know if Mercenaries No Mercy will be in this version of 5 and 6? I prefer vanilla Mercs in 5, but absolutely prefer No Mercy Mercs in 6 to really enjoy the game's mechanics that much more. That's a huge deciding factor on whether I'll get RE6 day one; RE5 is my personal RE4--I'll buy that on everything.
Yeah, I'm also curious about this. Regular Mercs is still worthwhile, but No Mercy is hilariously chaotic and really forces you to utilize the sliding, rolling, etc.

XaosWolf

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
They realized they accidentally made us happy, so they took it down to reconsider things.
"Whoa whoa whoa, you almost put these demos up for free there, Kevin. One more screw up like that and it'll be a promotion for you."

4 is amazing. Some people really like 6. Those people are wrong.
6 is just fine if a little plodding at points. I'd at least push people towards RE5 as a 6 replacement. (Or both if they're playing co-op)

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
If you bought any of the are titles when they were on sale, the price comes out close to $60 now which is better. All the RE ports should've still been $20 each IMO, but I'll take SOME sort of discount (even if I'm just buying this physically). Wish they'd do the same for DMC.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe they delisted them because they realized they need to make a 10-minute promo video showing the continued adventures of the E3 couple in the haunted house first

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Wow how generous of Capcom to let you buy them for the same price as the other platforms if they have already successfully duped you once!

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island

Yeah, I'm also curious about this. Regular Mercs is still worthwhile, but No Mercy is hilariously chaotic and really forces you to utilize the sliding, rolling, etc.

RE5 includes no mercy, but no word on RE6. Maybe WBacon knows?

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So it's 20 bucks each if you bought a previous game. Not bad and don't think it will one cheaper during sales after. Hum

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
Nice. I'll give the demos a whirl, but I am still firmly in "deep discount" territory when it comes to buying any of them. They should be $15 each, at most. Good games, but they are years old and way cheaper on other platforms now. Hell,if you play your cards right, you can get each of them physical for $15 or less.

The Switch price gouging by Capcom is so gross.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
_
Nice. I'll give the demos a whirl, but I am still firmly in "deep discount" territory when it comes to buying any of them. They should be $15 each, at most. Good games, but they are years old and way cheaper on other platforms now. Hell,if you play your cards right, you can get each of them physical for $15 or less.

The Switch price gouging by Capcom is so gross.
But can you really put a price on Leon's shiny hair, Sherry's school girl alt, or Chris punching boulders in a volcano?