• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Aostia82

Oct 27, 2017
So they delisted them because they realized demo and discount were too good for switch owners?

modestb

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
I got Resident Evil 4 + 5 + 6 together for 14 dollars and change in a steam sale last year. These prices are nuts.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
the entire game or just Leon's campaign?
The core mechanics are the same across all four campaigns in RE6 (although Jake has a rather unique fighting style with his optional hand-to-hand combat). The gameplay is quite exhilarating, but don't play it like a cover shooter. Run, dodge, dive, slide, roll. Try quick shots where you squeeze both triggers to auto-target enemies and stun them at the cost of some stamina, and perfect parries where you obliterate them with a well-timed counter-attack. Lean heavily into melee moves, including melee moves that trigger only when you're running at full sprint, i.e. Sherry's flying jump-kick to the head for instant cranial combustion.

You'll also come to learn how to properly manage each character's stamina bar, as well as the new health system where you mix and pop pills individually to replenish health on a slice-by-slice basis. There are still some rough patches (the Ch. 2 blizzard sniper sequence in Jake's campaign can be maddening, with snipers knocking you down in the middle of a whiteout), but overall, each campaign is a good time once it clicks. They're not gargantuan adventures like RE4, individually, but collectively there is an astonishing amount of enemies, people, places, set-pieces, etc, to be seen in RE6. It's possibly Capcom's most ambitious game.

Last edited:

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wow how generous of Capcom to let you buy them for the same price as the other platforms if they have already successfully duped you once!

Yeah, I know it's been said over and over, but Capcom's Switch support is simply baffling. I wonder if someone at Nintendo killed someone at Capcom's puppy because that's the only explanation I can think of. Their 3DS support is a distant memory.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
While I have been highlighting RE6 in this thread, I actually plan to replay RE5 first. So many classic scenes in that game, such as the public assembly fight, the incinerator fight, the bat/silkworm, the motorcycle majini, exploring the swamp in the boat, the sea monster, the mirror ruins, the lickers, the two-on-two fight, curing SPOILER, the flamethrower, the orbital laser, etc. Also, Wesker's finest hour.

Radd Redd

Oct 27, 2017
Gonna be a hard no from me. You can get nearly all the RE games for 20 bucks at times. When a sale hits I'll buy.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I do want these portable on Switch but these prices really suck for someone who has already bought these games several times over on several different platforms and usually at a substantially lower introductory price.

If these had even just gyro controls as an option I might consider it but portability alone isn't enough to justify the price hike to me on consumer end.

I'll be keeping an eye out for sales, though.

darz1

Dec 18, 2017
So, just in case you're into co-op or like the sound of it, I strongly recommend both. I even played RE5 just with a stranger and it turned into a bonding moment. It's just a terrific dual protagonist campaign.
How is the coop compared to RE Rev 2. Im currently playing that through with my partner and we are enjoying it but its a bit restrictive/slow especially with only one person being able to shoot

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
How is the coop compared to RE Rev 2. Im currently playing that through with my partner and we are enjoying it but its a bit restrictive/slow especially with only one person being able to shoot
Ha, you'll adore RE5 and RE6, both players are crazy gun-wielding kung-fu ninjas

Also you have a dedicated button to say "THANKS, THANKS, THANKS, THANKS"

Puffball

Jan 16, 2018
I know I'm in the minority, but I had a blast playing 6. Yeah, it was wat more action-heavy this time around but it was still a really fun game especially in co-op. Really feel like it gets some unwarranted hate towards it.

RedAhmed

Jan 9, 2018
What is the best co-op RE (for someone who can't handle horror games)? The Revelations games or 5/6?
Also screw Capcom, they're not going to see a single cent from me for having these prices and screwing us in EU over. This needs a deep discount before I bite.

darz1

Dec 18, 2017
I maintain that RE5 and Gears are still the two best coop shooters of last gen. Just a blast to play
Ha, you'll adore RE5 and RE6, both players are crazy gun-wielding kung-fu ninjas

Also you have a dedicated button to say "THANKS, THANKS, THANKS, THANKS"
Awesome. Sounds perfect. We went straight from Wolfenstein Youngblood to RE Rev 2 so as much as i enjoy it, it really doesnt quite scratch the itch. Im loving the horror though.

Would you recommend RE5 first or jump straight into RE6?

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Awesome. Sounds perfect. We went straight from Wolfenstein Youngblood to RE Rev 2 so as much as i enjoy it, it really doesnt quite scratch the itch. Im loving the horror though.

Would you recommend RE5 first or jump straight into RE6?
Start with RE5. It's basically co-op RE4.

Alak96

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Here in Spanish eShop the demos have been up since midnight. The games run quite nice I must admit, I feel like they are both native res on handheld mode.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Mercs United mode sucks, they didn't rebalanced the original Mercs characters so they are all underpowered for the enemies of reunion.

HeRinger

Oct 28, 2017
Oh, I know. I've played it maxed out on PC and even now I said damn when I booted it up on Switch.
Honestly, it's the first time I play RE6 and I'm a bit shocked at how good it looks on the Switch screen. Seems to be native too. I'm almost tempted to buy it despite people saying it sucks.

Some last gen games have aged incredibly well it seems.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
The demo for RE6 runs good. Holds 45-60 which is pretty impressive as it's not just running on low settings or anything.

Interesting. RE6 ran at a pretty solid 60 on X1X & PS4 Pro if I recall correctly. I wonder if that means RE5 on Switch will run at a notably lower frame rate than the other current gen versions? I say this as RE5 had some frame rate issues on Xbox One & PS4. Even on the X1X and PS4 Pro RE5 didn't run at a locked 60.

DarkSora

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 28, 2017
For those with Japanese eshop accounts, you can search "biohazard" and select the second option to download the demo.

Open the demo with your normal account to play it in English!

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, it's the first time I play RE6 and I'm a bit shocked at how good it looks on the Switch screen. Seems to be native too. I'm almost tempted to buy it despite people saying it sucks.

Some last gen games have aged incredibly well it seems.
RE6 is a great game. Just take your time and experiment with the different mechanics. The campaigns throw everything and the kitchen sink at you (in terms of setpiece ideas, etc), and they can be uneven at times, but they're pretty much always interesting. And then Mercs alone will justify your purchase.

OhMyZach

Oct 27, 2017
So RE6 is finally gonna have alternate costumes playable in the campaign?! How did it take so long for this to happen?

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Just got done with the RE5 Demo, key things

- Your save carries over to the final game (It's only the first level on the first difficulty)
- It's carrying the graphical upgrades from PS4/X1 so it's running unlocked but stays at a decent level of FPS (I'm not the best at this, but it seemed a consistent 30+)

Very impressed with this port, since I didn't expect 60FPS unless they kept it very similar to the 360/PS3 release in-terms of graphics.

Oct 27, 2017
Just got done with the RE5 Demo, key things

- Your save carries over to the final game (It's only the first level on the first difficulty)
- It's carrying the graphical upgrades from PS4/X1 so it's running unlocked but stays at a decent level of FPS (I'm not the best at this, but it seemed a consistent 30+)

Very impressed with this port, since I didn't expect 60FPS unless they kept it very similar to the 360/PS3 release in-terms of graphics.
From which store did you download it?