• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

FluffyQuack

Nov 27, 2017
It takes a while before RE6 Leon campaign has any big combat encounters. There's probably 15-30 minutes of gameplay before you even fight anything.

Canas Renvall

Banned
Mar 4, 2018
RE5 is my most-played RE game, and probably my 3rd favorite in the series. Playing it portable with gyro controls is just... my brain is struggling to handle this. RE6 I can't wait to jump back into again as well, Mercenaries there is downright amazing.

Within a year, we got REmake, RE0, RE4, RE5 and RE6 on a portable console (that also got REV1 and REV2).

Three of my top five RE games are on a portable console (four if you count RE7 Cloud Edition), something I've dreamed of for years and years. It's just so goddamn incredible. Gyro getting added is just the cherry on top!

FluffyQuack

Nov 27, 2017
Cool, I was thinking it might end up being the beginning of Leon's campaign. Leon comes with the knife, and not Helena, right?
Yeah, Leon gets a knife and Helena gets the Hydra shotgun. Super duper pro tip: whoever plays as Helena should try quick shots using the Hydra.

I should mention one thing. Start of Leon's campaign is so slow I don't think you even get access to shooting until later. So you can't practice all of the controls to begin with.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Leon gets a knife and Helena gets the Hydra shotgun. Super duper pro tip: whoever plays as Helena should try quick shots using the Hydra.

I should mention one thing. Start of Leon's campaign is so slow I don't think you even get access to shooting until later. So you can't practice all of the controls to begin with.
Yeah, I just want to be able to go over like the sliding, lying on floor, running tackle, etc.

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't see it posted here. but do we agree this is the order to play RE6?

Prelude Chapter
Chris Chapter 1
Chris Chapter 2
Jake Chapter 1
Jake Chapter 2
Leon Chapter 1
Leon Chapter 2
Leon Chapter 3
Jake Chapter 3
Chris Chapter 3
Jake Chapter 4
Leon Chapter 4
Chris Chapter 4
Jake Chapter 5
Chris Chapter 5
Leon Chapter 5
Ada Campaign

Any other suggestions?

AdaWong

Nov 1, 2017
Raccoon City
I didn't see it posted here. but do we agree this is the order to play RE6?

Prelude Chapter
Chris Chapter 1
Chris Chapter 2
Jake Chapter 1
Jake Chapter 2
Leon Chapter 1
Leon Chapter 2
Leon Chapter 3
Jake Chapter 3
Chris Chapter 3
Jake Chapter 4
Leon Chapter 4
Chris Chapter 4
Jake Chapter 5
Chris Chapter 5
Leon Chapter 5
Ada Campaign

Any other suggestions?

There are multiple orders that people like. You can also simply alternate the chapters so you can go Leon 1, Chris 1, Jake 1, Ada 1.... etc.

The ending of Ada's Chapter 2 reveals a big plot-twist though.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone played these games in splitscreen? I'm wondering what the performance is like in the final versions.

Tendo

Oct 26, 2017
Is the performance the same as the demos? I see they are on sale and tempted just to have mobile versions. Love re5 and 6.

Deleted member 9929

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone else had issues with this version of the games crashing a lot? Both 5 and 6 have crashed an excessive amount of times, making me replay sections over and over again. Questioning whether I will ever make it through this slog. Do you think the fact that the games are installed onto my SD card could be the reason for the crashing?

Oct 26, 2017
Resident Evil 5 apparently got updated to 1.0.3 in December last year with RE6 and others as said above got patches earlier last year. No one that I can find knows what changes or fixes were made in both RE5 and 6 with the most recent patches. Anyone here ever figure it out?