• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 31092

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017

73498002_2758789660808570_3382414812934832128_o.jpg

Heads-up, RE fans: Resident Evil 5 and 6 on Nintendo Switch will each include a patch at launch that includes gyroscopic and motion controls, giving you even more control over how you play.

Both games land tomorrow, so pre-purchase now to start playing right at launch!

Thanks, Capcom?

Oct 26, 2017
THAT'S a good start. Hopefully they'll also patch in performance fixes that restores the motion blur and ups the framerate in both games.

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This does xhange thinfd a bit....but more importantly wheres the patch for RE4?

Oct 26, 2017
Wonder if Dark1x will take a peek and confirm any differences in the patch, and hell any other changes there might have been since the demos went gold.

Also, I think RE5 and 6 were patched together since surely both were ported by Q-LOC, who I believe already did the PS4 and XBO versions based on their PC port from long ago. RE4 was likely by Neobards or whoever?

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
That's actually pretty solid from Capcom. I might pick these up at some point once they're reasonably priced.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
I hope it's not like the motion controls on RE Revelations which required to use separated joycons. I want gyro aim like on BotW.

HeRinger

Oct 28, 2017
Wonder if Dark1x will take a peek and confirm any differences in the patch, and hell any other changes there might have been since the demos went gold.

Also, I think RE5 and 6 were patched together since surely both were ported by Q-LOC, who I believe already did the PS4 and XBO versions based on their PC port from long ago. RE4 was likely by Neobards or whoever?
Yeah, if anything our best chance is the final version being improved from the demo build.

Do we know if the discount for previous RE owners only apply for pre orders?

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
I hope it's not like the motion controls on RE Revelations which required to use separated joycons. I want gyro aim like on BotW.

Huh? RE Revelations (both of them) on Switch had gyro aiming in handheld mode like BotW. At least that's what I remember, I played them almost 2 years ago.

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
Possibility of me getting these went up 50%. Good job, Capcom
Same here. I said that I won't buy minimal effort ports from Capcom, but if they do show at least some effort, that changes things, and then it's more a question of whether I want the game or not (will play the demos to decide, I loved RE4 on the Wii, and enjoyed both Revelations 1 and 2).

Efejota

Mar 13, 2018
Even if they added motion to 4, I don't think it would be as good as the Wii edition.

This makes these tempting since I never played them and always dreaded aiming with a joystick, but I see many people complaining here.
Is it the price or because the switch version of 4 is bad for some reason?

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
I'm about to throw the OT up for these, anyone got a suggestion for the title?

JG_Lionheart

Dec 3, 2018
Shit now I'm definitely considering it. I forgot how fun these games are until I started playing the demo.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
Ah that may be. I thought they were specifically talking about separated joycons.
Well, the promotional video when it launched showed separated joycons but I guess they have no way to know if you are using the comfort grip.
But it's true that you couldn't use the Pro Controller with motion controls in those games.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Don't they both run like crap on Switch.
I don't see why Switch wouldn't easily be able to handle 60fps in both games.

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Huh. Hmmn. I played RE5 on PC with hydra motion controllers (and it was fantastic actually). This almost puts me in the buy column.

But yeah. 30 fps cap please.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Good, hopefully Capcom patches the Switch port of RE4 to support gyro aiming at some point.