• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
resident-evil-5.jpg

Based on the latest Platinum page update , Then Resident Evil 5 is now at 11 Million sold/shipped copies , First Resident Evil title to reach that number

the Split of that number is as following

- Resident Evil 5 ( PS3/Xbox 360/ DL ) = 7.4M
- Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition (PS3/Xbox 360/ DL ) = 2.3M
- Resident Evil 5 ( PS4/Xbox One/DL ) = 1.3M

http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/finance/million.html

No Clue where the PC Version fits in either of those or even if it is included or not , but it was above 1M since a while ago

For Comparison , Here is how RE5 compare to other RE games

Resident Evil games Ranking based only on Platinum list by combining all available versions :

Resident Evil 5 - 11M
Resident Evil 6 - 8.8M
Resident Evil 4 - 7.3M
Resident Evil 7 - 6.1M
Resident Evil - 5M
Resident Evil 2 - 4.9M
Resident Evil Remake - 3.6M
Resident Evil 3 - 3.5M
Resident Evil 0 - 3.3M
Resident Evil CV - 2.5M
Resident Evil ORC - 2.5M
Resident Evil Revelations 2 - 2.4M
Resident Evil Revelations - 1.9M
Resident Evil Outbreak - 1.4M
Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles - 1.3M

Deleted member 14927

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Fantastic numbers.

Totally forgot about orc until mentioned above. Remastered soon?

Last edited:

Deleted member 24624

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Well deserved. RE5 and 6 are both amazing games. This over exaggeration of 6 being bad needs to stop.

Kevers

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Syracuse, NY
RE5 is one of my favorites. I have double dipped on that game and would have triple dipped and gotten it on PC if my friends would have gotten it for coop.

Nessus

Oct 28, 2017
Huh, some of these numbers are surprising.

Capcom really must have been getting mixed messages with the critical reception of 6 vs. the sales numbers.

Normal

Oct 26, 2017
Come on Capcom. Give people what they want, a coop action RE game. It's been 6+ years.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
One of the best co-op games I've ever played. I think me and a friend went through it about 6 times before shelving it, then I went through it later with other people. It's just solid. The treasure system and gun progression were so addictive, as well as the limited inventory space which enforced more cooperation. It had RE4's shooting too, albeit ever-so-less satisfying. Looked amazing too.

I confused ORC with the weird team based tps that came out later

What happened to that one?

ORC probably has more people playing it than Umbrella Corps. You can get UC on GMG for like 3 bucks on sale regularly. ORC has nice competitive multi, but the heroes are a bit broken. I've never found a game of UC, and its single-player mode is regretful.

Normal

Oct 26, 2017
Revelations 2 came out 4 years ago. Though its still been a while
Nah. I meant something like RE 5 and 6. Revelation 2 was a bad coop game for us, no one wanted to play an RE game where one character is afraid to use guns and the other coop team has a character that could only point. Dropped that shit as soon as we did the second level.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
Nah. I meant something like RE 5 and 6. Revelation 2 was a bad coop game for us, no one wanted to play an RE game where one character is afraid to use guns and the other coop team has a character that could only point. Dropped that shit as soon as we did the second level.
I really liked it and its one of my favorite RE's but ok

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's the Co-op I still think they can make the formula work. There just needs to be more tense penalties for dying etc. As I'm playing back through the classic RE's. It's not like they're intensely scary, it's the foreboding and anxiety caused by certain things, like saving via ribbons, so dying means a big set back. The camera angles obviously also play a part, but it's more just a frustration and some minor jump scare potential.

The campy over the top action, can be fun, but it shouldn't be the main focus.

I also would love a co-op first person or potentially even VR RE. VR in a more classic style, would just be incredible. The thought of tripping over myself being chased by a Tyrant or Nemesis or something. Man. The scale and everything.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
Absolutely LOVED this game. Played it so much and was a ton of fun with my buddy. Recently bought it again and can't wait to fire it up on my Xbox.

Gray

Oct 25, 2017
It's certainly my most played RE game though RE2R may surpass it. Well deserved.

Deleted member 49535

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
Best Chris stays winning.

But seriously, it's still one of the best games to play coop with a friend. Fully deserved.

ParanoidRED

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
It's a good game and i played through it way too much

But it totally misses the charm that RE4 had

Rami Seb

Banned
Sep 28, 2018
Many many moons ago, there was a PS2 Resident Evil game that had 4 player co op. The game was a flop however it was still a cool concept because it was a 4 player true Resident Evil, I believe characters didn't have to be in the same room and could do their own thing, ammo was limited etc

Would be cool to have a game like that with the RE2 Remake style.

Oh and I thought RE5 was better than 4 but I'm biased toward Chris over Leon so maybe that's why.

Psamtik

Oct 27, 2017
Slow-paced or fast-paced, action or horror (still plenty of action in the "traditional" REs, though), the core series is just so good. I think Code Veronica and Zero are the only entries that haven't aged well, more the former than the latter.

Gilver

Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Costa Rica
RE5 is not a bad game in any sense of the word but the setting was very unique. I know the appeal is the gameplay in RE5 and the co-op but I sensed the inclusivity of the premise gameplay-wise but it is more enjoyable than the perceived appeal of a single-player fighting game no matter how the new game is precieved in the general perspective, but it is ideal no matter how you perceive it.

Im sorry but im tying to not be reductive in general.

Last edited:

Delaney

Oct 25, 2017
Also the best Resident Evil title that starts with an R and ends with a 5.

jk. Probably my least favorite game from the second RE trilogy, but still a great achievement.

Deleted member 35598

Banned
Dec 7, 2017
Spain
I still like RE5 it just a pity it was so repetitive. And the endgame waa terrible. And for the first RE game in Africa, I wish the scenery was less depressing. I mean look what Far Cry 2 managed to do at the time.

Shadoken

Oct 25, 2017
Resident Evil games Ranking based only on Platinum list by combining all available versions :

Resident Evil 5 - 11M
Resident Evil 6 - 8.8M
Resident Evil 4 - 7.3M
Resident Evil 7 - 6.1M
Resident Evil - 5M
Resident Evil 2 - 4.9M
Resident Evil Remake - 3.6M
Resident Evil 3 - 3.5M
Resident Evil 0 - 3.3M
Resident Evil CV - 2.5M
Resident Evil ORC - 2.5M
Resident Evil Revelations 2 - 2.4M
Resident Evil Revelations - 1.9M
Resident Evil Outbreak - 1.4M
Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles - 1.3M

These numbers add up to roughly 65m .... Yet Franchise sales are at 86m.

Just goes to show how much missing data is there. 20m is a huge gap.

Especially when you consider the older titles. I bet Capcom dont count re-releases or ports of older games. Like that RE1,2,3 number is probably just for the PS1 Launch SKU. No Dreamcast,N64,Saturn,PC or other budget SKUs counted.

InspectorJones

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Fun game; not as good as Resident Evil 4 but it has coop which I think holds up better than RE6's coop campaign (Mercs not being counted), a cool setting for the series, and while Sheva didn't stand out to me at the time as being amazing, I think she's one of the better additions to the franchise seeing what came after (Never really cared for any of the new characters introduced in RE6 or the Revelation 1 (I haven't played 2)).

And yeah the hype following Resident Evil 4 was probably pretty high.

Jan 9, 2018
Sweden
Impressive numbers. Capcom really knows how to milk their popular IPs.

I had a lot of fun playing through this with a friend. I hope they have another coop RE planned, if not mainline then at least Revelations.

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
RE5 was a very fun co-op game, but that was about it for me.. game started well but quickly went the crazy monkey way.

Fun game regardless of what it is