• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
This was apparently announced at E3 and just fell through the cracks. I'd imagine most players were likely unaware that this was a new feature for this port of RE6 (Only other options is on PC with Mods). It also hasn't been used as a selling point for some reason, even though it's a switch port exclusive. In the video below Chris is wearing his EX 1 outfit in the opening mission of his campaign.

This is a nice little addition for fans of the game, as even back in 2012 it was an oddity that you couldn't use the costumes in the campaign without modification.

unknown.png

Here's are all of the costumes in the game
maxresdefault.jpg

dims

Miker

Oct 25, 2017
RE6leonthumbsup.gif

I'll probably stick with my PC version though, so RE6leonshrug.gif

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
This thread makes me realise Resident Evil 6 came out 7 years ago....

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Neat. This is a feature I've kinda mildly wanted as an official part of the game (and not as just a mod on PC). Hope this version maintains a rock solid 30fps, too.... and then I'll gladly buy this game once again for my Switch when it goes on sale. 60fps would be nice but I feel like with Switch hardware, that's a huge ask.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Need to see a gif of low-poly Chris sitting on that little ride at the children park.

Sounds

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not gonna lie... I've played and enjoyed all of the resident evil mainline games, but 6 is the only one I finished. I'd definitely pick this up for switch

Puffball

Jan 16, 2018
I still don't get why people disliked RE 6 so much. Was a really fun game to play and was even more fun to play online. Oh well, I will be enjoying this once again on the Switch.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Oh what the actual fuck, this was my biggest complaint back when the game came out.

In fact I remember their official response shortly after there was minor backlash in the western communities. They said they couldn't let the player use the costumes in the main campaign because of shader issues, and they were right. When swapped in they were absolutely hideous with graphical bugs.

They even made this a feature in the PS3 / 360 version of Revelations due to the backlash I imagine.

This is so enticing ahhhhh

Jan 21, 2019
This is the only gripe I had with the game. I loved replaying Resi 5 with costumes but for some fucking reason, they had awesome costumes in 6 but only for arcade stuff.

Cheapest Route to get RE5 & RE6
OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Just to remind everyone. If you're planning on getting RE5 and RE6 just get the Triple Pack. RE5 and RE6 will be digital codes there and it'll come with a physical copy of RE4 for $60 (vs the $90 it costs for all 3 not on sale). Also if you have a walmart near you, the collection should be $49.94 meaning even cheaper for both even if you already have RE4.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
This is one of those games I buy again every time it's rereleased.

Wish the preload would go up already!

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Thinking of getting re6 on PS4, it's like $8 right now buuut I'm also thinking of getting the switch version

Here's the thing I Never played this game but did watch a playthrough of it on YouTube back in the day..so I kinda know some of the story hell even the ending but it's all somewhat of a blur already

But heres my dilemma I hear this game has local Co-Op so I really want to play this game splitscreen with my brother ( is co-op good in this game ? Is there an option to play it in Vertical splitscreen? We hate horizontal splitscreen tbh, playing mario kart 8 2 players has shown me the light, so would vastly prefer Vertical splitscreen) I Currently own only 1 PS4 controller so I won't be able to play it co-op on that system but I do own 2 switch controllers ( pro and regular ) so we'd be able to play together on switch.....so is co-op worth it? is it more fun, harder ? Easier ??? Or should I just get the wayyyy cheaper $8 PS4 version digitally and play it myself

Also i played the PS4 version of re5 recently too for like a hour and boy has that game aged, looks so ugly now so much poor textures everywhere and the games so dark at times, too dark hurts my eyes. how has re6 aged graphically ?

Andres

Oct 25, 2017
A feature on PC too thanks to the modding community and a bunch of other costumes. :P

S9gz6dH.png

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Thinking of getting re6 on PS4, it's like $8 right now buuut I'm also thinking of getting the switch version

Here's the thing I Never played this game but did watch a playthrough of it on YouTube back in the day..so I kinda know some of the story hell even the ending but it's all somewhat of a blur already

But heres my dilemma I hear this game has local Co-Op so I really want to play this game splitscreen with my brother ( is co-op good in this game ? Is there an option to play it in Vertical splitscreen? We hate horizontal splitscreen tbh, playing mario kart 8 2 players has shown me the light, so would vastly prefer Vertical splitscreen) I Currently own only 1 PS4 controller so I won't be able to play it co-op on that system but I do own 2 switch controllers ( pro and regular ) so we'd be able to play together on switch.....so is co-op worth it? is it more fun, harder ? Easier ??? Or should I just get the wayyyy cheaper $8 PS4 version digitally and play it myself

Also i played the PS4 version of re5 recently too for like a hour and boy has that game aged, looks so ugly now so much poor textures everywhere .. how has re6 aged graphically ?

I'm not sure if the Switch version will support two joycons, but I would say playing in coop might be the better bet for you. However, if you think RE5 has aged bad, RE6 has aged similarly. Both still look fine with character models and lighting, but the textures on the floor and other areas when you really look won't be as high quality as you'd like even on PS4. Also there's no vertical no RE6 Splitscreen, both RE5 and RE6 look like this

unknown.png

5 and 6 are both really fun games in coop though and i'd highly recommend playing them in that way if possible, especially for a first time.

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I'm not sure if the Switch version will support two joycons, but I would say playing in coop might be the better bet for you. However, if you think RE5 has aged bad, RE6 has aged similarly. Both still look fine with character models and lighting, but the textures on the floor and other areas when you really look won't be as high quality as you'd like even on PS4. Also there's no vertical no RE6 Splitscreen, both RE5 and RE6 look like this

unknown.png

5 and 6 are both really fun games in coop though and i'd highly recommend playing them in that way if possible, especially for a first time.

Well I do own a switch pro controller, so don't plan on using separate joycons also wtf why is the splitscreen not full? Can you disable that ? Why take off that much screen space for ....ammo display?? D:

I'm seeing red flags here oh no 😥

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Well I do own a switch pro controller, so don't plan on using separate joycons also wtf why is the splitscreen not full? Can you disable that ? Why take off that much screen space for ....ammo display?? D:

Actually the black space housing the ammo and such is new. It used to all be crammed on the small screen lol.
Sadly you can't change it.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Oh shit. Really glad they're adding this! I was baffled that they didn't allow it in previous versions.

Boya

Jan 1, 2018

RE has always done splitscreen like that as far as I recal. It's to preserve the aspect ratio.
Re6 was more re than 7? Wha?
Just because portions of the fanbase disslike the gameplay and tone of camp-action RE doesn't stop it from existing or being the majority of RE media.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
RE has always done splitscreen like that as far as I recal. It's to preserve the aspect ratio.

Just because portions of the fanbase disslike the gameplay and tone of camp-action RE doesn't stop it from existing or being the majority of RE media.
So you would say re6 is more like the orignal game/remake than re7?

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Of course it is. RE was always more focused on action with a horror B-Movie feel. Mikami even wanted it be more action and with dumb stuff like robots in the first game already, the other devs held him back a bit.
Okay. Re6 isn't like a horror b movie. It's like a Michael bay action movie. Re7 has re camp. A crazy guy drives donuts in a garage. You are in a big mansion and go to some backyard stuff.