• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Capcom has updated its Platinum page that monitors the sales of Titles that has exceeded 1M Copies , In the latest sales Update , Resident Evil 6 has managed to reach 9M copies as of 31 March 2019 and its total number is increased by +200K compared to previous quarter

RE6-1.jpg

RE6-2.jpg

http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/finance/million.html

the 9M copies is split as 7.4M from the Vanilla version and 1.7M from the PS4/X1 remastered version , It is unknown whether the PC version is counted or not , So we go here by what the Platinum Page is offering to us

Last edited:

HPH

Oct 25, 2017
Road to 10 million continues. A Switch port could help to get there faster.

kc44135

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Absolutely fantastic news, and honestly well deserved. I know many people hate RE6, but it's honestly a good game (not without it's flaws, but still), and a hugely ambitious one as well, with some of the most unique and fun gameplay out there, and it's a great co-op experience as well. Also, Mercenaries is probably the best extra mode ever! I hope it hits 10 Million sold in the future! I also hope Capcom will offer more Action RE games in this style in the near future.

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In other news, Justin Bieber sells and 50 Shades of Grey was also massively successful.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
It was a mismash of a bunch of shit, but the gameplay was solid. Capcom could easily take the gameplay and create another co-op shooter out of it if they don't plan to do another action RE in that style.

chrisypoo

Oct 27, 2017
Lot of people out there who like to hurt themselves. Get help folks, you deserve happiness and pleasure as much as the rest of us.

Gabriel Hall

Oct 27, 2017
Holy crap, go RE6! Like many others, it took me a while to be accustomed to the flow of the gameplay. But things got easier once I treated the learning curve like a DMC game.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Once again proving how small this community is in comparison to the majority. Our 44k members don't mean shit lmao. RE6 is successful because it is actually good. Read em and weep: 9 million. NOINE. MELLION. Oi?

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I never said that, I said it's the best (except for the others).

Dude, stop and think about what you are typing.

You said it's the best of the action-oriented RE games, except for RE 4 and RE 5. But since there are ONLY 3 action-oriented RE games in existence, you have literally said it is the WORST of the action-oriented RE games. I don't disagree with that assessment, but it was funny because you said it like you were praising the game but you didn't at all.

Shroki

Oct 27, 2017
For all the reasons to give up on humanity in recent years, this is totally one of them.

Worst RE game. Terrible game in general.

danmaku

Nov 5, 2017
Well deserved, it's the best action RE game, even with all its flaws. It's the only one I played more than once because when it works it's so much fun. It doesn't always work but you have to deal with it.

Visanideth

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Dude, stop and think about what you are typing.

You said it's the best of the action-oriented RE games, except for RE 4 and RE 5. But since there are ONLY 3 action-oriented RE games in existence, you have literally said it is the WORST of the action-oriented RE games. I don't disagree with that assessment, but it was funny because you said it like you were praising the game but you didn't at all.

No, I'm fully aware of what I'm saying. I'll never be caught dead saying RE6 is the worst game of the 3. It's just that the other 2 are better, in many ways by a sensible margin.

But coming at the third place is still a very solid placement. You get medals for taking the third spot. Even if there's just 3 people in the race, I guess.

But still, RE6 is still the very best action RE that isn't 4 or 5 or probably any future action oriented RE game.

Shroki

Oct 27, 2017
Once again proving how small this community is in comparison to the majority. Our 44k members don't mean shit lmao. RE6 is successful because it is actually good. Read em and weep: 9 million. NOINE. MELLION. Oi?

Yeah, man, Big Bang Theory is totally the best too. Way better than 30 Rock and Parks and Rec combined.

Weeeeeee

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
No, I'm fully aware of what I'm saying. I'll never be caught dead saying RE6 is the worst game of the 3. It's just that the other 2 are better, in many ways by a sensible margin.

But coming at the third place is still a very solid placement. You get medals for taking the third spot. Even if there's just 3 people in the race, I guess.

But still, RE6 is still the very best action RE that isn't 4 or 5 or probably any future action oriented RE game.

My friend, saying that something is third place out of three is LITERALLY saying it is the worst of that grouping. That is how the English language works. Sorry.

And then in your last paragraph you repeated the exact same broken logic again. **sigh**. There are 3 action-oriented RE games (4, 5, and 6). You have said 4 and 5 are better. Therefore, you feel RE 6 is the worst of the action-oriented RE games. That's a fact.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
really hoping it's just a bunch of $9.99 bargain bin buys from people who don't know any better and just want a cheap game for their ps4

i remember this shit getting deep discounted like one month after release.

Visanideth

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
My friend, saying that something is third place out of three is LITERALLY saying it is the worst of that grouping. That is how the English language works. Sorry.

And then in your last paragraph you repeated the exact same broken logic again. **sigh**. There are 3 action-oriented RE games (4, 5, and 6). You have said 4 and 5 are better. Therefore, you feel RE 6 is the worst of the action-oriented RE games. That's a fact.

Look, maybe we can try and find an agreement if we look at this from another perspective: if RE6 didn't exist, RE5 or RE4 would definitely be the worst RE game.
So, all in all, RE4 and RE5 are actually the worst action RE games, aside from 6.

Dude I'm totally trolling here, of course saying something is the being the best aside from everything is throwing shade.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
really hoping it's just a bunch of $9.99 bargain bin buys from people who don't know any better and just want a cheap game for their ps4

i remember this shit getting deep discounted like one month after release.

The game does cost $20 or less on all platforms now (Depending on sales). But the considering the word of mouth you'd expect on the title, to consistently push 100K sales every FY is no small feat and must mean there's some sort of long-term appeal with the title (It's consistently the second most played RE title on steam for example).

The title is definitely divisive, but I with continued sales like this. I think the Title is past being something like say DMC2 which you'd be hardpressed to see manage much sales standalone.

Deleted member 2793

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The game does cost $20 or less on all platforms now (Depending on sales). But the considering the word of mouth you'd expect on the title, to consistently push 100K sales every FY is no small feat and must mean there's some sort of long-term appeal with the title (It's consistently the second most played RE title on steam for example).

The title is definitely divisive, but I with continued sales like this. I think the Title is past being something like say DMC2 which you'd be hardpressed to see manage much sales standalone.
I feel like the continued sales happen a lot because it's the latest "co-op" action RE. So if people want something like that, they'll probably get 6.

I bet if they port it to Switch it'll get at least 300K sales from people starving for that co-op RE experience.

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Nice, great game

I hope we get another over the top action Resi at some point