• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rainrir

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, we don't know yet how much of the 900k increase in sales for the MvC series was due to Infinite. We'll probably know soon enough.

Even if it did do 900k, it will be a result of massive channel stuffing,and unit price will collapse in such situations.

We know how bady the game sold in Japan and also heard things about it in EU. Would USA alone account for 600k? Not if we believe the NPD September results,...

Chinner

Oct 25, 2017
@
How could a game that only crawled to 200k now is "strong", I wonder what their internal forecast was for this was...

The quote itself is suggestive that the game was a cheap port. After all, the Switch is easy to develop on and this is a port of a 3ds game. It doesn't need to sell much to be profitable.

KCS

Oct 27, 2017
I'm going to chose to believe that the quick SF2 port Capcom shit out to justify not supporting Switch when it failed outsold MvC:I. If it hasn't yet, it certainly will eventually.

KonradLaw

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Considering both RE6 and RE7 underperformed maybe it's best to just lower the budget for the series, accepting it won't do crazy numbers anymore.

Sire Yoshi

Oct 25, 2017
RestEra Sales threads
Last edited:

Apa504

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's a port of an upgraded rerelease of another 3DS fourth generation game. Which already sets a low bar.

And Capcom seems to have been under the mistaken impression that the Switch would be another Wii U.
Yeah it really seems that Capcom expected the Switch to bomb terribly, maybe even more than the Wii U.

Rainrir

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

It crawled to sub 200k after so long in Japan. Given that i shipped 200k to Japan, I am not sure how not selling through first shipment is "strong". What does "strong" even mean when you think about that, channel stuffing isn't strength of any kind. It only makes sense if their expectations are rock bottom IMO.

Do you believe it sold through all 100k in Asia? Nintendo's weakest region? Probably hasn't sold first shipment there as well.

Last edited:

mao2

Oct 28, 2017
Considering both RE6 and RE7 underperformed maybe it's best to just lower the budget for the series, accepting it won't do crazy numbers anymore.
Well apparently Capcom lowered RE7's budget and sales target, and yet it still underperformed. How much lower can it go?

Last edited:

Karnova

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Resident Evil 7 has a lot going for it but it just lacks in some areas. Being designed obviously as a VR Game hampered a lot of design decision. I have very high hopes for Resident Evil 8 to be a terrific experience that builds on 7's foundation.

Gifted

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I kind of regret purchasing this back when I did only for the fact that it's still in my backlog I think I paid $38ish and now it will be for sale for $15 on Black Friday at Target. I definitely think I'll enjoy the game and that it's worth what I paid though.

I'm thinking Monster Hunter World will do well as long as Capcom doesn't have some insane goal for it.

Ebenezer

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I was planning on picking this up on Black Friday, but then I heard there's a gold edition coming out. Is there any difference between buying the base game plus season pass vs buying the gold edition?

KHlover

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I kind of regret purchasing this back when I did only for the fact that it's still in my backlog I think I paid $38ish and now it will be for sale for $15 on Black Friday at Target. I definitely think I'll enjoy the game and that it's worth what I paid though.

I'm thinking Monster Hunter World will do well as long as Capcom doesn't have some insane goal for it.

MH World is the first HD console MH (more expensive, drastically lower userbase in Japan) and will rely heavily on western sales. I think expectations will be pretty high.

KonradLaw

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
They tried that with Resident Evil: Revelations 2, and people always complain about how "cheap" the game looks.
THey complained, but how did it sell? Looking at Steamspy the game is close to million on PC, so I wonder what the return on investment was. And if there's maybe a middle ground between Rev2 and RE7 budget they could target

Oct 25, 2017
I guess based on the wording here " Cumulative " , Then I guess the +400K in the last quarter includes the Pre order shipments for the Gold Edition

vpxvaqQl.png

Oct 27, 2017
It's an okay game. I love the Bakers, unfortunately that is all I really cared for and I feel like their stories ended far too quickly. Once they move out of focus, there really isn't anything interesting to grasp on to.

It has it's moments that make it worth playing for sure and I think the first person perspective really works for Resident Evil. I just wish we would have gotten more enemy designs, a return to the undead from classic games and a bit more in the way of mansion exploration. Let me get lost in your world again.

The game just falls apart around the 60% mark, turns into an uninteresting fps with terrible bullet sponge enemies and no tension. Worth playing but it's only baby steps in the right direction for a company that seems to still fear some of it's roots.

DarkLordMalik

Oct 27, 2017
Everyone that buys RE6 makes the right choice in my eyes. I hope Capcom has learned their lessons and attempts to make RE8 in a less bloated RE6 style. So more like RE4-5 than 6.

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
RE7 did so much right, and I really want them to expand on the good parts of that game. Bigger mansion, more puzzles, enemy types, more weapons. Just a much bigger game with more explorable "non-linear" big levels.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
It looks like the game will be $15 on BF based on the Target ad. They should be able to shift some units at that price point.

vereor

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The fact the most people here seems to appreciate the RE action-style games really puzzled me. I mean yeah, tastes are tastes but... wow

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It's a great game. A lot of the classic RE design sensibilities carry it though. Which is good, but it would probably be an even stronger title if it went more in that direction.

And I'm not talking about camera perspective, but level design and item management. Combat needs some work too though.

CortexVortex

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
RE7 is one of the best horror games I've played in a long time, so it actually makes me kinda sad to see it not selling as many copies as RE6 did.

ArgyleReptile

Oct 25, 2017
I mean that series of games literally spans a decade. Hell for some between those and the movies that is RE to them

Basically. I stepped in at RE2, and that had solid moments of action by the time we left the Police Station. Hell, the first scene is a major car crash and you are already surrounded by zombies.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
THey complained, but how did it sell? Looking at Steamspy the game is close to million on PC, so I wonder what the return on investment was. And if there's maybe a middle ground between Rev2 and RE7 budget they could target

The steam spy results and sales will be skewered because the first episode became free afterwards, anyone who downloaded it 'has' the game but hasn't bought the 'DLC' (the rest of the game). Considering that, 1m isn't great.

The fact the most people here seems to appreciate the RE action-style games really puzzled me. I mean yeah, tastes are tastes but... wow

Well with RE6 being one of the best sellers in the series what do you expect? People like both styles and some people like one or the other. I'm pretty sick of this 'war' between sides that's been going on since 4 came out. All of the RE games have found an audience so why do we have to belittle each other's tastes?

And believe me, I've been here from RE2's release. I'm pretty fed up with the obnoxious superiority reactions / posts some fans throw at each other regarding this series.