• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Vena

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
streaming? what does that mean?

So they did not work on it at all?

Why port a game when you can port a streaming app.

This is pure Capcom. And them having zero actual dev pipelines for the Switch for any major project. They made this bed, and now have to figure out how to sell games with zero tools or experience.

This isn't a game that can't run on the Switch.

Deleted member 32018

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
That's better than nothing...kind of. It sounds like a Japan only thing to me, not sure it would interest westerners.

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
...You know I've been wondering why more games haven't been doing this. It's been done before and gets around some hardware issues. Resident Evil 7 is not the game I expected to use this however.

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
I don't like to be reminded such things exist.

I don't think of it quite the same because Now is about old games, but this is about streaming a higher spec experience.

PS Now has PS4 games on its service.

I dont blame you for not realizing this. I'm not convinced anybody actually uses the service lol. Convinced even more of that reading this thread

Deleted member 6436

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Capcom is actually the worst. Wow.

Ok that's kinda fucked ...

lmao, Capcpom, wtf are you doing.

now this is a Capcom move

Damn that sure is something alright.

LMAO that's disgusting. Let's see people try to defend it.

Capcom April Fool's was last month...

.....Wow

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if this stays in Japan.

Honest question since I haven't played the game: Is this the kind of game you'd still be playing six months later?

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Why port a game when you can port a streaming app.

This is pure Capcom. And them having zero actual dev pipelines for the Switch for any major project. They made this bed, and now have to figure out how to sell games with zero tools or experience.

This isn't a game that can't run on the Switch.
I mean, I wouldn't say that they have zero actual dev pipelines with both Mega Man 11 & Ace Attorney on the way.

Nov 8, 2017
It can run on a GPD Win at 14-30 fps and on a GPD Win 2 roughly 30-50 fps so yeah they could certainly make it work.

It could definitely be done, but it might be a Doom scenario where they have to make some serious cuts to get there. Doom runs in similar framerates on those two devices at super low res and settings on the GDP Win 1/2.

//ARCANUM

Oct 25, 2017
I'm all for new and interesting ways of distributing games... but this just feels like a terrible idea. I love my Switch, but wi-fi is one of it's weakest points. Seems like a recipe for disaster.

Piichan

Oct 28, 2017
Tokyo
That's really weird. They've got this game running on PSVR, so it doesn't seem like an impossible feat to get this running on Switch natively.

Gonna stick with my PSVR version, but I would've considered double-dipping if this was an actual port.

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Perfect for a computer transmitting feedback remotely to the Switch

Dogui

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Haha This is pretty interesting. Would never purchase something like this but i'm intrigued on how it's gonna be for the people that will.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It could definitely be done, but it might be a Doom scenario where they have to make some serious cuts to get there. Doom runs in similar framerates on those two devices at super low res and settings on the GDP Win 1/2.
running doom was probably a lot more work than running RE7. you dont have to deal with much CPU strain because of how few enemies there are comparatively

Ddrw3BdV0AAdu6N.jpg:large

well said google translated of the website

Deleted member 28076

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
A single-player game that needs to be streamed from servers that, someday, will invariably be shut down.

Okay.

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Realistically, I guess putting this out this way is a lot faster than them porting from scratch if all they really have to do is run it on the PC and change the button prompts to the Switch's.

I'd be curious to know what settings they're running this at.

Deleted member 6436

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i bought the game and then the gold edition

it's very replayable and has decent to excellent dlc

For six months tho? I'm not defending it, just as someone that very rarely replays games and can't remember the last time I played a single-player game for longer than six months, this doesn't seem like the worst thing Capcom could have done...?

Buzzman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Porting a game to Switch and then making it unplayable on the go kind of defeats the whole point of a Switch version.

Vamphuntr

Oct 25, 2017
Knowing Capcom the 180 days thing is that if it bombs and they pull the plug they won't have to refund you haha.

Escalario

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honest question since I haven't played the game: Is this the kind of game you'd still be playing six months later?

I didn't played RE7, but older RE games were very replayable despite being story driven. A couple of characters for the campaign with significant differences on how it plays out, various modes like Mercenary. So if RE7 is anything like other RE games in this aspect, yeah I would.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
For six months tho? I'm not defending it, just as someone that very rarely replays games and can't remember the last time I played a single-player game for longer than six months, this doesn't seem like the worst thing Capcom could have done...?
i play re4 every year

I'm gonna play re7 again this year

I'll probably replay re7 next year

Siyou

Oct 27, 2017
180 days and $20, regardless of these 2 issues I have, I'm very interested to see how this does work as well. What other games would the Switch be 'streaming' from here on out and what limits are there to this streaming exactly?