• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DeuceGamer

Oct 27, 2017
I guess this is an easy way to get AAA games, but I'm not really interested unless I actually own the game. This is worse than digital purchases since you can only play it while they are willing to operate servers. Glad for those that are interested though.

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For six months tho? I'm not defending it, just as someone that very rarely replays games and can't remember the last time I played a single-player game for longer than six months, this doesn't seem like the worst thing Capcom could have done...?

If you are never gonna replay it again then you definitely can get through it in like a week or less.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I heard about RE7 switch in the past. Didn't think it was tied to a cloud system though.
This'll probably end up being the only title of its kind for the system I bet. It's an interesting experiment to be sure, but not one I can see there being a big clamoring for.

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Capcom gonna Capcom. They bet completely against the Switch and are not going to put any serious investments onto it. Why would you actually port titles etc. when you can half ass stream titles on a rental basis for little actual development cost.

Deleted member 42221

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 16, 2018
Oh no. This is a terrible precedent to set - using cloud-based gaming as an excuse to not port games to switch properly is an idea I bet a lot of publishers will lap onto.

famikon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ベラルーシ

latest

Dom6

Oct 26, 2017
One neat trick businesses don't want you to know about! Do less work and make more money fast!

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Honest question since I haven't played the game: Is this the kind of game you'd still be playing six months later?
Unless you bought the SP near/at launch and were following that content drip, no. People who bought either just the vanilla game or the game + DLC after it finished releasing probably aren't. I only have the vanilla game, the only time I played after launch was for the Chris DLC (haven't bought the paid DLC, at least not yet).

I'm not the type to replay games though, at least not this soon after beating it the first time.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm fascinated by this from a technology standpoint and very against it from a consumer standpoint.

20 bucks for a 180 day rental for a streaming service like PSNow but exclusively for one game that should be able to be ported to switch specs anyway.

Very strange move. Just port the damn thing and put it up on the eshop if you dont wanna make carts.

Polyh3dron

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well the good thing about streaming technology is that all those games which technologically couldn't run properly on the switch that people still want to play on it, can finally be played on it. One could even say that the graphical power of Switch games that work in this way is.... infinite!

Cronogear

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
This is incredibly bizarre.

Even if you can't get RE7 up and running proper on Switch, why do this? Why not do RE4, or 5 or 6?

Not to mention when the servers go down it becomes 100% unplayable.

Buzzman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh man, is this how they'll be delivering MH to the Switch aswell? Hahahaha

Oct 29, 2017
UK
So when's Monster Hunter World Cloud version?

Please, don't actually do that. I don't want to play a streamed game. Kinda feels pointless on the Switch when I want to sometimes play it outside of the wifi.

Normal

Oct 26, 2017
Nice. So this is the definitive version right? It has the power of the cloud and it's perfect for the Switch.

FiXalaS

Oct 27, 2017
Kuwait.
Honest question since I haven't played the game: Is this the kind of game you'd still be playing six months later?

Yea I don't see why not, I'd play RE7 again. I could go back to play some of the harder difficulties or to play it part of a marathon before the release of a sequel. The latter is something I do with my favorite franchises. (RE is one of them)

Vena

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Capcom:
How can we sell our RE7 game to a new audience to meet lagging expectations!?

Port it to the Switch and a new audience!

Brilliant!

...But we don't know how to use a Switch, we only started yesterday with learning how to dev for it. Its mysteries continue to elude us and it has detachable controllers, how do those even work!?

Make a cloud version then!

That's probably about where this project came from.

Like this even just straight up misses the point of the Switch. But considering Capcom has stated they have yet to grasp the vast intricacies of a portable, I guess this shouldn't be too surprising.

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
$20 for a 6 month rental isn't so bad, especially for a game like this that you're probably only going to play through once anyway. If the streaming works well this could be kinda cool.

Porting a game to Switch and then making it unplayable on the go kind of defeats the whole point of a Switch version.

you can play handheld mode in your own home you know

Cuboid 64

Oct 28, 2017
Welcome to Verizon Fios, son! This was on MT Framework, right? I wonder what sort of hurdles they ran into that this was their solution rather than a graphically downgraded port.