• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona

bio:apocalypse (resident evil in the west) - working title

project goals:
- 3rd person survival horror experience
- "innovative partner system"
- who is your friend or foe? (trusting system to find bioweapons in among your team)
- unite bio2 and bio:outbreak features to create sense of dread
- strictly sinlge player experience
- ghost town setting
- mimicry old folklore creatures like wendigo and goatman
- atmosphere to invoke deep primordial fear of the unknown and terror of deep forests (like in book "Ritual")
- final chapter to finish stories of old characters
- release window as of now is 2024
- some beta-testers are looking into new systems right now
- early stages of development

1639880582333.jpg

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
I shall wait to see if DuskGolem confirms!

But essentially sounds like Resident Evil 9 and ties up the story.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
Hope its not the final chapter for the 7/8 games. Because I want that to be first person.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
2024 is far. I wonder what comes out in 2022, and 2023. Re4 remake is one, what's the other? Give me a re-release of the original 3 games as a collection with AI enhanced backgrounds.

Last edited:

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
"Innovative partner system" "strictly single-player experience"

Anyway, this is so far out we will see how much of this sticks. RE games tend to change tons from these leaks and initial plans, so hard to get excited about anything

SirKai

Dec 28, 2017
Washington
RE: Apocalypse is already a (fucking horrible) movie, so this is... weird, even if it's only a working title. I don't buy this at all.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
EDIT: You know, actually reading it more closely, it was only one of those dot points that made me immediately think "this sounds right"; very skeptical now.

Last edited:

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Oh shit. They're doing the The Thing-esque trust system I wanted to see happen, specifically in a game with Outbreak-esque features. Hell yeah!

First RE8 was set in a snowy village/gothic castle, now this. Capcom, please stop keep reading my wishbook!

3rd person tho, blech. Guess the boring people got their wish. Well well, can't win em all.

RE: Apocalypse is already a (fucking horrible) movie, so this is... weird, even if it's only a working title. I don't buy this at all.

The Apocalypse title is 100% real. The rest of this is rumors at best.

"Innovative partner system" "strictly single-player experience"

Anyway, this is so far out we will see how much of this sticks. RE games tend to change tons from these leaks and initial plans, so hard to get excited about anything

Partners as in AI partners. Pretty much exactly like the PS2 The Thing game.

Just one reason among several why I'm skeptical, as delighted as this being real would make me, since it sounds a bit too similar.

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hope this is kind of a spin off and the real RE9 is after this( or before). I wanted an FPS trilogy!

That aside, I love the details I am hearing. Sounds like it will be a blast.

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hmm considering this is an 2024 title, I wonder how they will fill the gaps.

RE has been yearly for a while now so I assume REmake 4 is up next. What about 2023?

Hopefully another FPS to tie up the winter trilogy.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Ooh! Sounds neat if true, especially if they're doing folklore creatures like those mentioned. 👀

Status
Not open for further replies.