• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Do you want them to actually remake/reimagine it?

• Yeah, of course!

Votes: 285 65.4%
  • I can't be mad with that

Votes: 50 11.5%
  • RE4 Remake is already coming, that's what i want

Votes: 29 6.7%
  • Don't really care much for it

Votes: 72 16.5%

• Total voters

Blackbird

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil

This has been the biggest and latest push so far, probably boosted since the fan remake just released a gameplay trailer:

Oct 25, 2017
It's one of the few RE games I haven't had a chance to complete thanks to how difficult it actually is to get. In that sense, it's very deserving of a remake.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, a game that could be improved a lot is way more interesting of a remake candidate than one many people agree is perfect already (RE4).

So I'm down

J75

Sep 29, 2018
People also push for a new Dino Crisis, it's nice to want things, will Capcom listen though? Hmm...

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
First twitter post shows Steve... yeah now I remember a good reason I cant stand part of CV. Sure they could improve him like Carlos... but seriously Capcom's already busy remaking RE4... plus remaking games is just not something I like at all... So no, dont remake CV. Or any other RE game. Just make new RE games instead... that's a much more exciting prospect.

dralla

Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't want a "remake" because CV needs a lot of work, both in its gameplay and narrative. It would essentially need to be a brand new game.

Eidan

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
I mean, a game that could be improved a lot is way more interesting of a remake candidate than one many people agree is perfect already (RE4).

So I'm down
Honestly, this is my sentiment as well. Doesn't hurt that there have been so many RE4 ports and twists on its gameplay or the years, from Wii to VR, that I never felt like the game went away long enough for me to ever miss it.

SeanMN

Oct 28, 2017
This is perhaps the game in the series with the highest potential in regards to a remake (chance of improving the game from the original).

I'd love to see them do a high quality remake. I enjoyed the game on DC and I recently tried to play the 360 port (on Xbox BC) and couldn't get past the tank controls.

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know. I remember playing it on Dreamcast, it was kinda weak.

But… it has the best save music ever. They should just port that shit into RE Village.

dpanim

Oct 27, 2017
RE fans have it better than any other horror game fanbase and they're still demanding shit they want from Capcom.

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
I'll take RE Code Veronica. I played the remakes of RE2 and RE3 and loved them.

I know we're probably not going to get it, but I'd prefer a remake of 1 first (yeah I know, it's been done).
There would just be something satisfying about having RE1-RE4 in the RE Engine, which would open up lots of future opportunities.

Compbros

Oct 30, 2017
Why they remade 4, a game that still holds up well and is on every platform known to man, before Veronica, a game with a lot of good buried beneath so much bad that it could use a new version, is beyond me.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
RE3R was outsourced though. I'd imagine we wouldn't have to worry about getting another cliff notes reboot instead of a remake.
And what studio do you think is helping with RE4's remake? Your not getting Capcom's A team working on a remake for CV. You'd be lucky to get the studio who worked on 3's remake.

Why they remade 4, a game that still holds up well and is on every platform known to man, before Veronica, a game with a lot of good buried beneath so much bad that it could use a new version, is beyond me.
Money. Think about it. Your Capcom... you have a choice for RE games to remake. Do you take the bastard child or the beloved child that has a license to print money? Not a hard choice. An uninspired choice for sure, but I see why Capcom would do it. I dont care too much though, after the perfection that RE4 VR was last year, Ive already come to terms that RE4 REmake wont better it. Still be there day 1 though!

I'll take RE Code Veronica. I played the remakes of RE2 and RE3 and loved them.

I know we're probably not going to get it, but I'd prefer a remake of 1 first (yeah I know, it's been done).
There would just be something satisfying about having RE1-RE4 in the RE Engine, which would open up lots of future opportunities.
Not really seeing what future opportunities remaking 1 yet again brings to the table. Beyond being another cash grab because it'll totally sell. I can get on board with a VR remake though. 7 and 4 VR showed me that 1 in VR could possibly be the most amazing thing ever.

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
This is the game that needs a remake themost but honestly I feel like the locale would need to be completely changed because the level design is possibly one of the worst in the series

SolidSnakeUS

Oct 25, 2017
I legit like Code Veronica. I only played the Dreamcast version and enjoyed it. It is a bit too long, but I think a remake treatment could be great for it. Especially since it is canon and definitely can help clean up some things for the overall timeline of things.

Plus, it had the best knife (outside of RE2's knife that was tied to FPS) out of any RE game.

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
Not really seeing what future opportunities remaking 1 yet again brings to the table. Beyond being another cash grab because it'll totally sell. I can get on board with a VR remake though. 7 and 4 VR showed me that 1 in VR could possibly be the most amazing thing ever.

VR was what I was thinking of. All the RE Engine games now have mods to enable VR.
Even if a RE1 remake didn't officially allow it, it would be modded in soon after release.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I am very much of the opinion that Code Veronica is the worst classic mainline RE game, which is why I very much would like a remake.

Compbros

Oct 30, 2017
Money. Think about it. Your Capcom... you have a choice for RE games to remake. Do you take the bastard child or the beloved child that has a license to print money? Not a hard choice. An uninspired choice for sure, but I see why Capcom would do it. I dont care too much though, after the perfection that RE4 VR was last year, Ive already come to terms that RE4 REmake wont better it. Still be there day 1 though!

Bastard child, the one that has a license to print money is still selling copies and making money. Get some money out of the one that isn't selling ATM. The only thing I'd be apprehensive about, as Capcom, is restoring faith in REmakes after 3 had so much negative reception. Get out 4, a game already beloved, and show that you can make a great REmake still then release the game with less acclaim.

If it was only about already massively success things getting remakes and re-release we wouldn't see nearly the amount of remakes we have. It's about renewing a potential sales source to a modern audience.

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017
Next should be RE1 in the RE2 Remake and RE3 remake style, THEN go ahead and do code Veronica.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
2 and 3 need to be fixed first. At least 2 so they can patch in a cohesive campaign and add in all the stuff that was cut.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Bastard child, the one that has a license to print money is still selling copies and making money. Get some money out of the one that isn't selling ATM. The only thing I'd be apprehensive about, as Capcom, is restoring faith in REmakes after 3 had so much negative reception. Get out 4, a game already beloved, and show that you can make a great REmake still then release the game with less acclaim.

If it was only about already massively success things getting remakes and re-release we wouldn't see nearly the amount of remakes we have. It's about renewing a potential sales source to a modern audience.
Capcom didnt need to restore faith in remakes going into 3s release and either way it sold less though still enough from Capcom reports. Capcom knows if they announce a remake of 4, it'll generate hype. And even if its a bad remake or whatever, its selling more than CV even if that's a good remake.

Trust me, I dont want a remake, I dont really care for them at this point. I want RE9 (which hey is coming anyway) and more REvelations styled spinoffs, but Capcom clearly wants to do more remakes. And I really wont be surprised if once 4 is done, they loop back to 1 and remake that. Or remake 5... both to give me the Tyrant boss fight that was cut, and because that did insane numbers as well.

Compbros

Oct 30, 2017
Capcom didnt need to restore faith in remakes going into 3s release and either way it sold less though still enough from Capcom reports. Capcom knows if they announce a remake of 4, it'll generate hype. And even if its a bad remake or whatever, its selling more than CV even if that's a good remake.

Trust me, I dont want a remake, I dont really care for them at this point. I want RE9 (which hey is coming anyway) and more REvelations styled spinoffs, but Capcom clearly wants to do more remakes. And I really wont be surprised if once 4 is done, they loop back to 1 and remake that. Or remake 5... both to give me the Tyrant boss fight that was cut, and because that did insane numbers as well.

No, of course not, because 2 was excellent. 3 was not well received so I could see not wanting to do Code Veronica, a game already not well-received, and instead going with a fan favorite that they know people will buy. That's the point of "I can see why they'd do 4 over CV after 3", people will buy 4 after 3 but may not buy CV after 3. If 3 was also excellent then no reason not to roll out CV, with 3 being meh then do the thing that will generate its own hype over "Capcom has already done 2 amazing remakes and now it's CV's turn".

Is there anything that says the same team for the REmakes are the same ones working on the proper entrants? If not then the REmakes aren't preventing the timeframe for the numbered and if so then just having more resources doesn't mean a game will release any quicker. No one would be surprised by anything, but it makes less sense to me to not give a second shot to a game that could turn out very good and sell well with a REmake than doing a REmake of a game that already received a well-regarded one.

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, yeah :D it needs a full on remake more than RE4 for sure. Change it up here and there and it can be a great entry in the series

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I want a Resident Evil: Outbreak remake :'(
Never gonna happen. Capcom's gonna try and do every other online MP idea before revisiting their actual good online MP idea... seriously, Id be there day 1 for a remake (especially as us PAL PS2 owners got an offline RE: Outbreak back in the day...)
Now we have better voice chat, online netcode and services etc. the thing feels like a no brainer. So its bizarre that with how Capcom loves to re-release stuff this hasnt happened!

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
I'm all for it if they give Claire the same treatment they gave her in the 2 Remake, and then completely and utterly remake Code Veronica so that it's unrecognizable from the original in how they treat Claire.

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
I'm honestly still surprised they never ported it past the 360 and PS3, especially since Capcom put so much work into that port, bringing the whole game into MT Framework. I don't think there's ever been a PC version actually.

A full-on remake would probably be an improvement. One of Code Veronica's problems was it kind of dragged, pushing the original RE formula past its logical conclusion. This would be a case where trimming the game down would actually benefit.

JuicyPlayer

Feb 8, 2018
It needs a remake because the original was never good. Capcom made the right decision not calling it RE3.

Krooner

Oct 27, 2017
It's what they should've done in the first place, RE4 doesn't need a remake, they should've pulled all of the stragglers and side-games into the main line.

Oct 30, 2017
There is a massive potential for improvements for CV Remake… also chronically it is supposed to be no brainer after remaking R2 and R3.

But also can't blame Capcom for jumping directly to R4 since it will be a gold mine for them.

Hopefully they do CV next.
People also push for a new Dino Crisis, it's nice to want things, will Capcom listen though? Hmm...
I would have taken first DC Remake over any RE remakes… but Capcom want something to sells multi millions copies like 4-5 and more, DC sadly isn't that popular :-(

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
RE3R was outsourced though. I'd imagine we wouldn't have to worry about getting another cliff notes reboot instead of a remake.

RE3R was not really outsourced, at least not in the way you're probably meaning. M-Two is a Capcom studio and the main team also did work on the game in limited capacity. It was a Capcom production.