Resident Evil Community |OT| Complete Global Reset

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
Just found out that Jill was released as a new character on Teppen. She looks awesome and the best news is that Patricia Ja Lee returns as her VA... there is a god after all! So nice to see her back as Jill, I really liked Patricia's work in RE UC and 5.

LukarWuff

Oct 27, 2017
Copying myself from /r/ResidentEvil. If you want the Kitchen demo for RE7, you may want to grab it from the PS Store today or tomorrow:

This Friday, Driveclub and all of its DLC (including Driveclub VR) is being delisted from the PlayStation Store. While that means nothing for Resident Evil on the surface, some may recall that on the first PlayStation VR demo disc, there were demos for both Driveclub VR and Resident Evil 7 (the Kitchen demo). Because of this, there's reason to believe that once Driveclub is delisted, this demo collection may be as well.

It's free to "buy" on the PSN. If you're interested, you may want to go ahead and add it to your account.

US link: https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP9000-CUSA04579_00-PSVRDEMODISC0001

Gradon

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Are you sure? I can't find it standalone when searching on the store. I'm on mobile atm though, not on my PS4.

Looks like they didn't upload it standalone for US perhaps?

LukarWuff

Oct 27, 2017

Looks like they didn't upload it standalone for US perhaps?
Possibly. I can't get it to come up on the US store when I try searching.

SofNascimento

Oct 28, 2017
So, do you guys think this new RE game might be the game assumed to be R3make? That we've heard the rumors about? I matches the rumors: has been in development for some time, being different from what we should expect, announcement this year... except for the most important fact of not being R3make.

Which would mean, obviously, r3make was never in development to begin with (which was what the RE2's developers said back when that game was released).

Gradon

Oct 25, 2017
UK
So, do you guys think this new RE game might be the game assumed to be R3make? That we've heard the rumors about? I matches the rumors: has been in development for some time, being different from what we should expect, announcement this year... except for the most important fact of not being R3make.

Which would mean, obviously, r3make was never in development to begin with (which was what the RE2's developers said back when that game was released).
Wasn’t there reportedly three Resident Evil games in development for those rumours that hit?

I don’t know what to think, I don’t think this was the rumoured RE3make; I still think both RE8 and RE3make are happening, but not anytime soon now.

SofNascimento

Oct 28, 2017
Wasn’t there reportedly three Resident Evil games in development for those rumours that hit?

I don’t know what to think, I don’t think this was the rumoured RE3make; I still think both RE8 and RE3make are happening, but not anytime soon now.
Yes, three resident evil games for the next three years, one of it being r3make, another re8 and another one unknown. Yet since r3make was meant to be announce this year, it's easy to assume it would be released next year. But that doesn't hold up after this announcement. Either this isn't one of those three games or that info is wrong.

I should add that Dusk Golem did mention things could change and that was all just theory, but the most solid part was the r3make part, and that is gone.

Oct 28, 2017
Opinions on Project Resistance? I don't know what to think. Someone tell me what to think.

Looks interesting. I reserve judgement at this point. I want to see more of it. But I don't have high hopes.

Last edited:

StallionDan

Oct 25, 2017
Opinions on Project Resistance? I don't know what to think. Someone tell me what to think.

Looks interesting. I reserve judgement at this point. I want to see more of it. But I don't have high hopes.
Personally not a fan of these 4v1 type multiplayer games. Tried a couple and it typically becomes "If a premade group they win" and "If they randoms they will screw each other over so easy kills with maybe one survivor".

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017

It looks like a bad game to me. Just being honest.

I already reserved judgement when the bland character designs from the trailer leaked, because the way they looked wouldn't have mattered, had the game been good. So far, though, it looks like a reused asset party, the gameplay sees the team trapped in small areas instead of exploring some type of large mansion or RPD like I would've preferred, the new animations are super janky and unpolished looking (is this the first bad looking RE Engine game?), the HUD is awful, we probably won't get any new major big bad guys like Nemesis (instead reuse of Mr. X and Birkin), the list goes on.

I don't think they should've outsourced this title. Seems like a cash grab to get the most mileage out of the existing RE2 assets. We've had bad multiplayer RE spinoffs before, and this may just be another one.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Resistance didn't exactly seem like a bad idea to me, but the gameplay trailer/demo I watched just made everything really clunky. Not sure... I absolutely love the new RE2 that was released this year so a L4D take on that doesn't seem like the worst idea ever but I feel it doesn't appear to be executed all that great. I'll have to play it for myself to get a solid feel of the game, it could still be fun with a good group, and the "play as enemies" thing... well I enjoyed that in RE6 for the couple of times I used it so that could be funny.
But yeah, as said above it kinda feels like a cheap outsourced cash grab, and I was hoping Capcom would stop doing that stuff after they brought their IPs back in house. Oh well, at least its just an outsourced side game, at least it shouldn't affect RE8/REmake 3 any.

Oct 28, 2017
It looks like a bad game to me. Just being honest.

I already reserved judgement when the bland character designs from the trailer leaked, because the way they looked wouldn't have mattered, had the game been good. So far, though, it looks like a reused asset party, the gameplay sees the team trapped in small areas instead of exploring some type of large mansion or RPD like I would've preferred, the new animations are super janky and unpolished looking (is this the first bad looking RE Engine game?), the HUD is awful, we probably won't get any new major big bad guys like Nemesis (instead reuse of Mr. X and Birkin), the list goes on.

I don't think they should've outsourced this title. Seems like a cash grab to get the most mileage out of the existing RE2 assets. We've had bad multiplayer RE spinoffs before, and this may just be another one.
I feel you. The warning signs are there. I definitely really dig the concept and I do want to see some raw gameplay, but yeah it does come off very cheap looking. I don't expect a good game but we'll see.