• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
I finished episode 2 of Rev2 and wow, love it. I can't believe I nearly skipped it because of Rev1, I'm so glad I didn't. I just love everything about it so far. I can tell it's going to be very short though, even for me and my ideal length is 8-10 hours but I'm knocking out an episode per hour ATM. I'm wondering how the DLC is? I'm not interested in raid mode or any of that jazz, just more campaign or stories if possible.
You should defo try out Raid Mode, it's really good.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
I think I'm one of the only person who actually liked the Little Miss episode, I didn't mind the stealth focus and I loved the surreal aspect of it and the story it told. I was indifferent towards Moira's episode, though was a bit of fun to see the one character expanded upon.

Also for the length of Revelations 2, I'm not sure if you're saing episodes as in Episode 1 Claire and Barry's parts as one, or counting them separately, but I really loved Episodes 3 & 4 of Revelations 2 (if you include both of their halves as one episode).

Deleted member 1162

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i love standing next to fireplaces =)
img_7733png603ckcd.png
img_7712png600ukh1.png

Oct 25, 2017
I guess some of you noticed that Rev games were associated with colors some way or the other

Rev1 was blue , Jill wore a blue diving suit for the majority of the game , her famous RE3 costume was blue top , Sea is a big part of the game , the main menu looks kinda blueish and the overall filter of the games looks blueish While Rev2 was Red , Claire is known for her red hair , her red costumes , Fire made a very noticeable part in the game , main menu looks kinda reddish and the overall filter of the game looks reddish

So if this pattern goes on for a possible REV3 , which color you think will be associated with REV3 ? If yellow then i guess we may see a Jake/Sherry game in a desert setting , Sherry and Jake are both blondes ( going by wesker hair color ) If green then it will be a jungle setting and maybe we get rebecca back although i only associate her with green only for her costume

Blackbird

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Maybe green? That's a color which is highly associated with characters like Chris and Rebecca, and coul be easily applied into a unique setting/tone for the game, maybe a jungle or something alike.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know which color power ranger they will pick, if they are going for that kind of approach with the sub brand, but Green is a fairly common bet or orange.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I'm such an idiot lol, I thought Rev2 was 4 episodes total, which is why I mentioned that it would be short, but obviously it's 4 episodes per main character so the length will be perfect at around 8 hours for me. I'm on the final episodes now, which I'll do tomorrow. Still loving the game, it really does feel like Resident Evil: The Last of Us for many reasons and that's not a bad thing. The only "complaint" I really have is opening the chests, I guess with a controller you get rumble to help you find the sweet spot, but you only get the light with KB+M so it can be a bit fiddly (plus it's really annoying how you come out of the opening animation every time you fail).

Furisco

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wish the entire game had the same level of quality of the second half of Barry's final chapter.

Blackbird

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
That's basically my favorite video ever.

"IT'S A WEAPON! IT'S REALLY POWERFUL, ESPECIALLY AGAINST LIVING THINGS D:"

"This house is dangerous, there're, terrible demons"

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCH"

Tetsujin

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
So I've bought the RE Origins Collection on PS4 recently and having a blast playing through REmake again. Going for the platinum, I never actually did all the other weird modes back on the Gamecube (Invisible Enemies etc). Real Survival should be interesting...
There's a few backgrounds where you can tell the backgrounds are just upscaled, like the Aqua Ring with the many artifacts and blurriness. But for the most part they did a great job touching up those BGs and they really hold up. Pre-rendered backgrounds are definitely a style I wouldn't mind making a comeback.

I also wouldn't mind seeing alternate endings again. They probably don't bother anymore because it's an ongoing franchise and there's inevitably going to be one "canon ending" anyway but it adds replayability and raises the stakes when you know the survival of your main characters is not guaranteed and you need to a work a bit more for that good ending.
On that note, I also think it was always interesting how RE1 and REmake technically don't even have a canon ending since one canon surviving STARS member - Barry or Rebecca - will always be absent.

I also noticed this in the laboratory which I thought was kinda funny...

(tried to brighten it up a bit. It says "Attention: Swim at your own risk, not patrolled by lifeguards. 911 Emergency" Looks like a Japanese dev just used random English text without context, haha)

Oct 28, 2017
In case anyone's still interested, the good folks who are working on the Resident Evil 1.5 Restoration project released some new footage of the game last Halloween. Can you spot which rooms are reproductions and which ones are authentic Capcom ones?

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think it was acknowledged there was nothing they could do to stop it since they are pretty hidden publicly, even though some of us know of the people involved.

Are they still working from what is often called the 40% build?

Oct 25, 2017
I think it was acknowledged there was nothing they could do to stop it since they are pretty hidden publicly, even though some of us know of the people involved.

People from the old RE community days, aye. But this is something I've not really paid much interest of focus because I would always thought sooner or later a detest letter would come along.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Rev2 spoilers ahead, stop reading if you haven't finished it.

And that's me done with Rev2, after finishing it I found out there were two possible endings, apparently I got the good one where Moira is alive and helps you, but am I right in thinking Natalia is still Alex? If so how's that good? Also, the bad ending was way cooler IMO.

Overall Rev2 was a big, big step up from Rev1 in every possible way, there were a couple of minor annoyances but on the whole it felt like a high budget game, whereas Rev1 felt like a weekend project in comparison. The biggest difference was the tone, it was atmospheric and creepy, instead of a borderline comedy. Plus the monster design was great, and reminded me heavily of The Last of Us which is one of my favourite games of all time. Within 10 minutes of Rev2 you see more interesting and varied enemies than in the entirety of Rev1. The audio was also night and day, the voice actors did a great job in Rev2, and the sound in general was top notch, the guns sounded meaty and the enemies were frightening. The visuals were also massively improved which is to be expected, but it was appreciated, the cut scenes looked especially good. As for the gameplay it was similar just refined, movement felt far less clunky, and I really liked how the partners were treated this time around. They added a bunch of interesting mechanics along the way which kept things fresh as well (invisible mobs which only Natalia could see for example).

Rev1: 6/10
Rev2: 8/10

Oct 28, 2017
I am curious, did Capcom approve of this project? I know this thing has been going on for YEARS.

I don't think Capcom has ever released any official statement about it. The dev team has an official FB fan page called Resident Evil: Behind The Mask with around 1,800 fans where they post updates. It's been up for years, along with their other older fan page (Team IGAS).

I meant inventory icons and stuff.

I believe the stated reason is that a lot of the icons in the build that was acquired were a mish mash of stuff that were in various states of completion, including:
1. low-quality placeholders (as in they've been literally marked with a "placeholder" kanji)
2. placeholders that were taken from RE1 (e.g. Jill's bazooka icon is used in place of Claire/Elza's M79 grenade launcher)
3. work-in-progress icons that were ok-ish but still needed work (e.g. the shotgun icon is a modified version of the RE1 shotgun icon)
4. quality icons that looked finalized and were okay to use as is.

Most of the WIP menu stuff were replaced with either their retail counterparts or reproductions that were made by their graphic artist(s).

I imagine they have to fill in missing/unfinished rooms somehow and using existing but modified RE2 backgrounds data is the easiest way to do it.

They recreate the rooms in a 3D modelling app using existing media that we have of the official rooms as reference. We don't have have any media for some of the missing rooms, but we do have the map layout for them, so those rooms were apparently modeled using their RE2 retail counterpart as a reference.

*The ones on the left-most column are reproductions based on WIP renders/official media/blurry screenshots from the bioflames final build source

j8VSTlP.png

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
I also noticed this in the laboratory which I thought was kinda funny...

(tried to brighten it up a bit. It says "Attention: Swim at your own risk, not patrolled by lifeguards. 911 Emergency" Looks like a Japanese dev just used random English text without context, haha)
Oh wow, I've never noticed that before lol.

Jiggy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
wherever
Revelations 2 was a very pleasant surprise, and I'm looking forward to replaying it on Switch with the Gyro controls.

I'll probably skip on 1 though. I remember it being very bland and uninteresting.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
I will be so happy if Dino Crisis comes back, been waiting ages for it.

I dunno how to feel about about third-person RE2, I'll have to see it first. I defo want classic camera style, but I think I could make peace with third-person if it looks decent.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
In case anyone's still interested, the good folks who are working on the Resident Evil 1.5 Restoration project released some new footage of the game last Halloween. Can you spot which rooms are reproductions and which ones are authentic Capcom ones?

I've been following them for some time. I'm surprised at how much of a shift it is from RE2 in terms of lighting. RE1.5 still had that very bright feel that RE1 had.

Furisco

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope Remake 2 is in first person and Dino Crisis reboot is actually a sequel to Dino Crisis 3.

I wanna see some dinosaur tears.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017
I've been following them for some time. I'm surprised at how much of a shift it is from RE2 in terms of lighting. RE1.5 still had that very bright feel that RE1 had.

Yea. True to its name, the game literally does feel like it's a half-step up from RE1. The lab areas from 1.5 pretty much got recycled in bulk in RE2, but the latter version feels moodier thanks to a shift in lighting and camera angles.

Furisco

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celebrating the #1000 post with gifs from the best type of Resident Evil.
2718165-tumblr_mha9xkpuyt1qba4ipo1_500.gif

qjlvniegcwtyqyb39jnr.gif

latest

TRUE FANS CLUB

Last edited: