• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 9746

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
When did they model liv tyler for claire?
Code Veronica. Though she still somewhat resembled her in future appearances until Revelations 2 gave her a nose job.

images

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Sadly it doesn't, it's very, very average. It really left a bad taste in my mouth. I still can't believe we had to wait for so long until its release, it left a bad taste in my mouth. The base game is just so much better in every way.

I finished it. Was that seriously... it? Okay, so I'm gonna write my thoughts / complaints down because I'm disappointed.
Granted, I have yet to play End of Zoe so more of what I'm saying could be touched upon but I seriously doubt it.

I found the DLC to get better after the 30 min mark, it started to get fun and I was enjoying myself and got no motion sickness. I thought this was leading up to something nice, however.

I know Capcom is not known for their story when it comes to Resident Evil, but I am seriously baffled with how Chris' arc in Resident Evil 7 so far has been handled. A lot of the story points they set up just felt like they fell completely flat on me.

Chris looking nothing like himself at the end of Resident Evil 7 whilst setting him up as a worker of Umbrella just felt all kinds of wrong. Like I couldn't connect who I was seeing with who we know as Chris because they looked noting alike, and if they were trying to make it a shocker then they failed drastically because I was just confused. This was my original critique of RE7's ending, which leads into the DLC. They didn't even keep Roger Craig Smith as Chris and he's been voicing him since RE5... But Capcom is notorious for replacing their actors.

Marketing the DLC as 'Not a Hero' was the dumbest thing I've encountered so far in regards to this plot point, because trying to portray him as someone who would willingly work for Umbrella makes no sense with RE6's ending and you obviously assume somethings gone wrong or that he's not actually Chris, which I thought would be an actual no brainer.
I felt like this was leading up to a reveal in a DLC but W O W. It was fucking nothing. They just had him forced to work for Umbrella and so none of the marketing surrounding the DLC made any sense. If you're going to tease your audience with a plot point like that, stick to it or just don't do it at all.

Like for real, 'Not a Hero' just never made any sense, at all.

The Resident Evil 2 Board Game kickstarter sent an update for their HUNK character model, and they captioned it "Not a Hero", and you know what? That would've made way more sense than what they did. HUNK pretending to be Chris, ruin his name by joining a new Umbrella Corp publicly. Him looking nothing like Chris. It would've made a lot more sense than what we got...

Lucas, why does Capcom feel the need to waste all of their new villains? What was the point of setting him up to be a maniac working with a new corporation named Connections if they were just going to bin him? I was very shocked and unhappy with how Alex Wesker was handled in Revelations 2, she was competent but her plan was fucking stupid, she was also a hypocrite and then they transferred her soul into the body of a child, and we probably won't see that plot point ever again.

I can't really think of anything else. I enjoyed pretty much most of it until the end when it all came crashing down. And to think we had to wait almost a year for it to feel very anti-climatic and pointless. What a waste of potential.

Yes, I am rather bitter.

I have End of Zoe to play next, hopefully it's way better than Not a Hero.

Jinroh

Oct 28, 2017
Lausanne, Switzerland
Yeah it was a wasted opportunity, and to think they delayed it for so many months because they weren't happy with its first iteration... it must have badly sucked.

End of Zoe is much, much better and actually kind of fun to play. And unlike the atrociously bland and ugly environments of Not a Hero, those featured in this addon are actually quite cool.

Gradon

Oct 25, 2017
UK
End of Zoe is much, much better and actually kind of fun to play. And unlike the atrociously bland and ugly environments of Not a Hero, those featured in this addon are actually quite cool.

I look forward to it, will smash through it this weekend and write my thoughts on here again.

Rewatched all of the CGI movies this past weekend.

Really hope we get another one.

I only ever watched Degeneration. How many are there now? Three? I should give the others a try sometime. Especially because I love Rebecca.

Deleted member 419

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
PS4/XBO includes all DLC. It's on sale right now (for PS4)!
Yea that sale was actually what prompted my question. The only thing I'm concerned about is, I read somewhere that there's some issue on the PS4 port where Player 2 in co-op can't properly save progress? But I'm reading conflicting things about that.

And the Steam version sounds kind of strange. I'm not even sure if co-op properly works on it, I'm reading something about it being ported from the Windows store or something and the co-op being borked.

Mr_Zombie

Oct 27, 2017
Poland
And the Steam version sounds kind of strange. I'm not even sure if co-op properly works on it, I'm reading something about it being ported from the Windows store or something and the co-op being borked.

The Steam version works fine (there are few graphical bugs, but it's not anything serious). You can't play local co-op on split screen, though -- unless Capcom patched that in, or modders added the mode like they did for GfWL version.

The Steam version was ported from the console Gold version. Its only connection to the GfWL version is that Capcom gives you the possibility to import your GfWL achievements, progress and saves,.

Oct 28, 2017
Of the console versions the PS4 one is better since the framerate is mostly a locked 60. Wouldn't surprise me if the online were much more active there either.

The PC version would obviously be the best but from what I've read there's some AI glitches that were never fixed? At the very least I recall there's a mod you have to download to fix them. Edit: Here.

Deleted member 419

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Steam version works fine (there are few graphical bugs, but it's not anything serious). You can't play local co-op on split screen, though -- unless Capcom patched that in, or modders added the mode like they did for GfWL version.
Ok this is what I was referring to, no local co-op on the Steam version vs. GfWL. It's been a while so I didn't remember the specifics, only that it was something pretty major. If that's still the case, and it's a huge PITA getting the Steam version to run splitscreen, then yea I think I'll just go for the PS4 version.

Deleted member 25870

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I believe the PS4/XOne versions are based on the PC build. It inherits the same quirks such as Jill's worthless knife range.

The PS4 version suffers from optimization issues that have it dipping below its target 60fps, but it still plays considerably better than the PS360 original.

Boost Mode on a Pro sees a locked 60fps.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yea that sale was actually what prompted my question. The only thing I'm concerned about is, I read somewhere that there's some issue on the PS4 port where Player 2 in co-op can't properly save progress? But I'm reading conflicting things about that.

On PS3 the game used one save per PSN account, a second player (splitscreen) would just use the progress of player 1.

On 360 the second player used a second XBL account with their own progress and save file.

The PS4 (and maybe Xbone) uses the PS3 system, so those used to 360 method think it is broken.

It shouldn't matter, the main downside is you cannot item dupe like on 360, by yourself, now you need 2 people playing online to dupe.

Deleted member 419

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Boost Mode on a Pro sees a locked 60fps.
This is great news since I'd be playing it on the Pro.
On PS3 the game used one save per PSN account, a second player (splitscreen) would just use the progress of player 1.

On 360 the second player used a second XBL account with their own progress and save file.

The PS4 (and maybe Xbone) uses the PS3 system, so those used to 360 method think it is broken.

It shouldn't matter, the main downside is you cannot item dupe like on 360, by yourself, now you need 2 people playing online to dupe.
Thanks for clarifying. It sounds like I should just go for the PS4 version then especially given the current sale for $8.

Gradon

Oct 25, 2017
UK
The PS4 and Xbone versions also suffer from a broken Versus mode. When the player dies they don't respawn with their base weapon like they're supposed to. Only Jill and Wesker do. It's really unacceptable that wasn't fixed.

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I noticed the aiming is slightly different in RE4 depending on if you play on XB1 or PS4. Seems there's a bigger dead zone on Xbox One compared to PS4.

A small amount of movement on the stick for PS4 is needed to make fine movements while aiming. While more is needed on Xbox to do the same.

Could also be my controller maybe. Just thought it was interesting. Doesn't break the game, but target practice was night and day between the two.

Deleted member 1074

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jawmuncher it also has a lot to do with stick tension ps4 has a 75g stick tension, og x1 controllers have 65g, elite/s controllers have 90g standard. and 360 controllers had 95g if there is more stick tension in grams its harder to push however yes its also depends on how they have it set up in the software the deadzone is larger on xbox for re4 and i have no idea why.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/74934481

Mr_Zombie

Oct 27, 2017
Poland
That's... that's not really a news. Or rather, at least we know that this isn't a budget title like Revelations 2, but other than that, it's expected that a game that is gonna be released in 2018 / 2019 will look better than all the previous games.

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017
So after completely LOVING Resident Evil 7, I wanted to go back and play some of the older games. I just reached the Residence area in RE Remake, and boy, this game still really holds up. Controls aside, it's an absolute looker of a game, and I'm still finding myself super creeped out and tense during certain segments. Lisa's cabin is no joke, you guys. Super eerie.

Really hope we see RE2 at E3!

Oct 28, 2017
Hey guys. I'm playing through RE3 properly for the first time since I was a kid, and for the first time ever on hard mode. Nemesis is murdering me over and over at the clocktower. This is way harder than the first two games.

Also my opinion on the game is kinda changing drastically. This is a much better game than I remember.

Mr_Zombie

Oct 27, 2017
Poland
Hey guys. I'm playing through RE3 properly for the first time since I was a kid, and for the first time ever on hard mode. Nemesis is murdering me over and over at the clocktower. This is way harder than the first two games.

Also my opinion on the game is kinda changing drastically. This is a much better game than I remember.

IIRC, depending on whether you jumped off the train or used the breaks, Carlos can appear at the beginning of the fight and destroy Nemesis' rocket launcher. Nemesis without his rocket launcher will keep grabbing you, so it's up to you what you're better at: dodging rockets or dodging Nemesis' grabs.

Nemesis is left-handed, so if you have to run around him, run on his right side.

Don't run too far away from Nemesis, because he will charge at you then.

And yes, RE3 is a pretty good game. Back then people were disappointed (although that's saying too much) by it because it was smaller than RE2 (just one scenario with few branching paths, compared to RE1's two scenarios and RE2's four scenarios + battle mode + Hunk + ToFu), and it was more of a side-story, an extension of the destruction of Raccoon City story, than a direct sequel. However, on its own it's still a great game.

Oct 28, 2017
IIRC, depending on whether you jumped off the train or used the breaks, Carlos can appear at the beginning of the fight and destroy Nemesis' rocket launcher. Nemesis without his rocket launcher will keep grabbing you, so it's up to you what you're better at: dodging rockets or dodging Nemesis' grabs.

Nemesis is left-handed, so if you have to run around him, run on his right side.

Don't run too far away from Nemesis, because he will charge at you then.

And yes, RE3 is a pretty good game. Back then people were disappointed (although that's saying too much) by it because it was smaller than RE2 (just one scenario with few branching paths, compared to RE1's two scenarios and RE2's four scenarios + battle mode + Hunk + ToFu), and it was more of a side-story, an extension of the destruction of Raccoon City story, than a direct sequel. However, on its own it's still a great game.
Yeah Carlos destroyed the rocket launcher on my play. Fucking loved that scene by the way. Rises out of the fire Terminator style.

Also, yay I beat the Nemesis clocktower fight!

Last edited:

Gradon

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Changed my avatar to my favourite alt costume in RE. :P

I've only replayed Resident Evil 3 once in my life, I find Nemesis so stressful. It's my least played RE and my least remembered, and not because I think it's a bad game I just really struggle with Nemesis' random encounters.

Oct 28, 2017
Now this is one fucking awful boss fight. So poorly designed. If you're going to have a game where auto aim is on by default, don't design a fucking boss fight where you have to aim your weapon in the direction where the enemy is not. And in a game where adhusting your aim turning is slow as shit. Jesus.

Trying to shoot the switches and all you aim at is the fucking nemesis. Awful. The fight was slightly less awful when I turned off auto aim. The fact is I shouldn't have to change default settings to make something tolerable. How anyone thought that was a good idea is beyond me.

A shame because for the most part RE3 has had the best bosses of the original trilogy for sure.

Game finished though! Frustrstions with auto aim screwing me over near the end there aside, I really enjoyed RE3. Best of the original trilogy in a lot of ways. Worst in others. Man does the game give you waaaaaay too much ammo though. At the end I made a shit load of magnum ammo preparing for a big fight. Had tons of grenade launcher ammo. Shotgun handgun. Never even touched the mine thrower. For the final fights your ammo meant jack shit....

Last edited: