• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Now this is one fucking awful boss fight. So poorly designed. If you're going to have a game where auto aim is on by default, don't design a fucking boss fight where you have to aim your weapon in the direction where the enemy is not. And in a game where adhusting your aim turning is slow as shit. Jesus.

Trying to shoot the switches and all you aim at is the fucking nemesis. Awful. The fight was slightly less awful when I turned off auto aim. The fact is I shouldn't have to change default settings to make something tolerable. How anyone thought that was a good idea is beyond me.

A shame because for the most part RE3 has had the best bosses of the original trilogy for sure.

Game finished though! Frustrstions with auto aim screwing me over near the end there aside, I really enjoyed RE3. Best of the original trilogy in a lot of ways. Worst in others. Man does the game give you waaaaaay too much ammo though. At the end I made a shit load of magnum ammo preparing for a big fight. Had tons of grenade launcher ammo. Shotgun handgun. Never even touched the mine thrower. For the final fights your ammo meant jack shit....

Use the second aim button. It for objects and targets them first.

Mr_Zombie

Oct 27, 2017
Poland
Now this is one fucking awful boss fight. So poorly designed. If you're going to have a game where auto aim is on by default, don't design a fucking boss fight where you have to aim your weapon in the direction where the enemy is not. And in a game where adhusting your aim turning is slow as shit. Jesus.

All versions of the game has two aim buttons: one for enemies only (R1), and the second one for all targetable objects (R2) that prioritizes the explosive barrels and switches over enemies. Also, in all versions, there is a "switch target" button (L1, when you hold the aim button) that automatically... switches you between targetable objects and/or enemies without the need for manual aiming.

Mr_Zombie

Oct 27, 2017
Poland
Looking at DMC5 character models I can't wait to see new renditions of Leon, Claire, Ada, Annette and others.

And then there are zombies and Lickers D:

Golnei

Oct 25, 2017
Dante has me fearing the Hunkfield situation again.

Dante looks closer to previous versions of the character than some of the more off model CG movie RE characters - I think the reaction might have been less mixed if the trailer had ended on a shot that wasn't focusing on an expression that made him look like he had a botched facelift.

Schwinner

Oct 28, 2017
REmake 2... so close.
I wanted to ask something because i don't know if this has been there for awhile, or someone has asked about it (maybe I should have searched). But I saw this on the RE playlist, with one private video. I also thought it might just be an old vid that was never released and Capcom seems to not add everything to playlists but I just wanted to ask https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWyNU7jgobA&list=PLvRJf4sy8d-uXeNQ75C_3E0l1ZIBn3Rdb&index=49

Very excited to see what Remake 2 as well. Can't wait to see Claire.

Have a nice day

Last edited:

Encephalon

Oct 26, 2017
Japan
If off work tomorrow so I'll probably be awake anyway. Are Capcom doing a conference or is it likely to be in the Sony one?

It looks like Capcom isn't doing their own conference (hence DMC already showing), so it should be the Sony one if it shows.

Edit: But I'm dumb and it starts at 10:00 AM for me, not PM.

Last edited:

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
I don't honestly care if the characters look different, I just hope they haven't taken liberties with the way they behave, i.e Leon being anything like 4/6

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I wanted to ask something because i don't know if this has been there for awhile, or someone has asked about it (maybe I should have searched). But I saw this on the RE playlist, with one private video. I also thought it might just be an old vid that was never released and Capcom seems to not add everything to playlists but I just wanted to ask https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWyNU7jgobA&list=PLvRJf4sy8d-uXeNQ75C_3E0l1ZIBn3Rdb&index=49

Have a nice day
Oh? This might be it.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
I don't remember any Chris in 2, but then my memory is awful

Apart from his picture in the stars office

Oct 25, 2017
I don't remember any Chris in 2, but then my memory is awful

Apart from his picture in the stars office
latest

latest

It was kinda crazy that they completely upgraded his model and also made it look more like the RE1 art than it did in the game.

Last edited:

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland

Have a nice day
Was it taken down? I can't see it anymore.

I'm really anxious about it.

I'm more concerned about the character models than anything haha. I'm confident the game is going to look and play great.
After seeing how great DMC5 looks, I think the game is going to look amazing. Can't wait.

Caiops

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Capcom booth is so big this year, and they have 2 games to release this fiscal year.

Please show RE2Remake in the Sony conference, pls :(

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
The character designs are VERY different. Will wait for the trailer to be released in better quality so I can watch it again. January 2019 is also not bad.

mhi

Jun 11, 2018
So over the shoulder confirmed? Or are the leaks saying it will be optional with dual cameras?

Golnei

Oct 25, 2017

Like I brought up in the thread, that really reminds me of this shot.

RE2.jpg

Overall, I don't mind the direction they've taken for either visually, although Claire does look really weird in the render, it's not as bad ingame. And I like that the red has gone back to being a vibrant part of her colour scheme instead of the faded CV-y look Darkside gave its version of the 2 costume.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
Faces look fine to me. We were never realistically getting REmake 2 so I'd say everything about this looks exactly what I'd hoped for

Just need to see that it doesn't have ammo and health dropping from enemies now

Encephalon

Oct 26, 2017
Japan
Now that RE2make is happening, is it worth playing through Darkside Chronicles?

Faces look fine to me. We were never realistically getting REmake 2 so I'd say everything about this looks exactly what I'd hoped for

Just need to see that it doesn't have ammo and health dropping from enemies now

I would really like to have this confirmed.

I guess we won't know if puzzles are as substantial as the original until we play the game. Hopefully we'll still be forced to think of where why might use xyz item and backtrack to use it.

Golnei

Oct 25, 2017
They're alright light gun games but I wouldn't play either of them just for story, the music kind of sucks as well

???

I can understand that Masafumi Takada's soundtrack to the first may not have appealed to people wanting a more traditional score; but how else would you have chosen to arrange the Code Veronica and RE2 music in Darkside Chronicles?

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
???

I can understand that Masafumi Takada's soundtrack to the first may not have appealed to people wanting a more traditional score; but how else would you have chosen to arrange the Code Veronica and RE2 music in Darkside Chronicles?

Maybe I'm confusing it with Umbrella but I remember there being a lot of shitty guitar led remixes

Or maybe I just hated the new version of suspended doll so much it's distorted my memory of the rest of them lol. I think there was a horrible experiment room as well, the original was the best tune in RE2