• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Just grabbed Resident Evil 7 Gold Edition, I played it at launch at my friends but I never got to try any of the DLC and I got it cheap for £11 so can't go wrong, it's one of my favorite games ever so I'll replay it then do the DLC.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
Playing REmake for the first time, wandered around the mansion for half an hour the other night, wondering what to do as Chris. Checked all rooms, looked at the items, nothing seemed to have a connection to anything else. Restarted today as Jill (friend suggested Jill for a first timer), and encountered the same problem. Wander around for 45 minutes, then a Barry cutscene in which he gives me acid rounds for a grenade launcher I don't even have.

Said I was done wasting my time, so I looked up what I'm supposed to do. Come to find out you can rotate items, and there's a key stuck in the back of the Book of Curses.

WCbvPeT.png

This is taking me right back to my Silent Hill days, only this "solution" seemed even more cryptic than those found in that series. At least the precedent of rotating items has been set in mind now, I guess.

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
REmake has quite a few rotate to find something on a item or investigate to start a puzzle on them. Definitely a good idea if you ever get anything bulky that doesn't seem like it has any use other than being put in the item box. Since that's rarely the case.

Deleted member 1162

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I remember back in 98-99 with no hint books or Internet.
Getting stuck for a few hours with the wolf and eagle books.

I would check them quickly and rotating to the back, nothing happened. Didn't figure to rotate to the side.

Evolved1

Oct 27, 2017
You guys watching the newer (last week?) gameplay coming out? I'm afraid to... are they showing too much?

Sooo tempting though.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
Y'all...

I thought this game wasn't gonna be scary. How bad could one zombie per corridor be, anyway?

And yet here I am, clenching my ass, running away from those fast zombies. I was really surprised when the first one showed up. Finally got my first death to one, losing an hour of progress, since my ink ribbons were in the item box... I'm not even upset. That was intense, and now I know better what to do next time.
REmake has quite a few rotate to find something on a item or investigate to start a puzzle on them. Definitely a good idea if you ever get anything bulky that doesn't seem like it has any use other than being put in the item box. Since that's rarely the case.
Yup, been examining everything since. Appreciate the help!

Mezoly

Jimbo Replacement
Oct 25, 2017
Finished RE7 last weekend. Don't want to make a LTTP thread so I will just post my brief thoughts here.

I played the first 2 hours of the game in VR last year but it scared me too much and other games came out so I dropped it. Glad I came back to it.
This was my favorite RE game since RE3. I don't know where I would rank it but I liked it more than any RE game since Code Veronica.
It had everything that I liked from classic RE games. The puzzles were fun, although a little on the simple side. Level and art design were incredible.
The Bakers were terrifying. The boss fights were cool and interesting. Even the First person perspective which I was apprehensive about, I was sold on it by the end of the game. The gun feel was incredible and my favorite in the series. My negatives are similar to what most people shared, lack of enemy variety with the molded and the last hour is not as good as the rest of the game. However, I liked the last part of the game and even the final boss which was mostly cutscenes.

Played most of the DLC
  • Nightmare: fun mercenary like mode but those were never for me. Also Molded variety doesn't help it.
  • Bedroom: Probably my favorite DLC due to the fun puzzle solving and intense moments when you are not sure if you have returned the stuff to their og spots.
  • 21: I like Black Jack so I enjoyed this spin on the game. Haven't played Survival yet.
  • Daughters: Got the bad ending and I think I know how to get the good one. Neat backstory and simple puzzles.
  • Not A Hero: a bit torn on this one. I hate the visor and the action part of RE. Chris is becoming to resemble the worst parts of the RE franchise for me. I liked the little metroidvania section and thought it was more tense than RE5/RE6 ever were so that's a plus. The boss fights were good too. I hate the stagger then punch move in all of RE games.
  • End of Zoe: Only 20 mins in and I like it so far. It's a bit silly but that's fine for a DLC. I have feeling the 2 combos will get old even if this is a short DLC.

RE used to be my favorite franchise of all time until RE4 came out. RE4 was great and a revolutionary game but not what I looked into with Resident Evil. RE5 was even worse but still a good game, so I tolerated it and hoped for the best in the sequel. RE6 came out and made me swore off the franchise. I gave REV2 a chance because some said it is for the old fans of the series and it wasn't for me. So I was hesitant to buy any RE games again. I'm glad RE7 had a demo and VR mode to make me consider buying it. I'm very excited for REmake2 considering it was my fore way into the series. This gen has brought this franchise to the way I used to love it on the PS1 and that was something I didn't expect.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Not many of the Resident Evil games have 3D item examination, I've always preferred that to 2D images of the item or weapon.

Doctrine Dark

Nov 13, 2017
I can say with certainty that my dodging skills are absolute trash.

Seems like my dodges are pretty random. I feel better just running away from those monsters.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
REmake question.
Is there a reason to fight the snake boss? I just took the mask and shotgun shells, then left the room. I went back in and shot it up to see what would happen, and it ran away. Trophy says that's only the first encounter. Does that mean it'll keep the damage I dealt for the second encounter?

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
REmake question.
Is there a reason to fight the snake boss? I just took the mask and shotgun shells, then left the room. I went back in and shot it up to see what would happen, and it ran away. Trophy says that's only the first encounter. Does that mean it'll keep the damage I dealt for the second encounter?

You don't need to fight it the first time unless you want to see the cutscene after wounding it. The second battle is a reset and the previous battle damage doesn't matter. It won't poison you again though.
It's much easier too since the next time the room is bigger.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
You don't need to fight it the first time unless you want to see the cutscene after wounding it. The second battle is a reset and the previous battle damage doesn't matter. It won't poison you again though.
It's much easier too since the next time the room is bigger.
Thanks a lot for the info!

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
REmake has been simply amazing so far... all these years later, amidst boatloads of critical acclaim, and after only having played 4, 5, 6, and Rev 1 & 2, I finally understand. Finally have a more fleshed-out idea of what happened in Raccoon City, beyond just the allusions of later games, beyond the foggy idea of "ok so there was this mansion filled with zombies in the late 90's".

It's great.

If I had to guess, I'd say I'm maybe 60% through the game? I just
Electrocuted the giant shark.
Definitely going to be making a proper LTTP thread after I finish the game. This game is so old-school, in a good way.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
I don't know whether to play OG RE2, or wait for RE2make, and then play the original sometime after that. Don't wanna burn out, though.

Play the original first, it was a great experience at the time. You might either appreciate or hate the remake more because of it lol. Hopefully the former because so far I am appreciating all of the effort they went into reimagining one of my favourite RE's.
Do yourself a favour and play it.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Boundary Break has done the Resident Evil series:

I was very happy to see this in my sub box earlier. Although, it's a shame that the original games aren't the best for this sort of thing considering the lack of 3D environments.

Ada sinking into the ground is pretty funny, noticed this is a technique that is used a lot in games. It's all really fascinating.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
Play the original first, it was a great experience at the time. You might either appreciate or hate the remake more because of it lol. Hopefully the former because so far I am appreciating all of the effort they went into reimagining one of my favourite RE's.
Do yourself a favour and play it.
They are complety different gameplay styles, I dont think you will burn out.
Have you a PlayStation 3 or a Vita? You can play the game on these.
Thanks for responding, guys.

Yeah, I've had the game on PS3 for years now. Got no problem playing it through there. Will run through it possibly next month.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
Actual glitch? How do we trigger it?

No, developers use many different ways to make a character go out of a scene. At that point Ada was to do a disappearing act so Leon and Claire didn't know where she went.
Capcom's method is what you see in the gif. So yeah it happens every time if you can get the camera out of bounds.

Last edited: