• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 25870

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Edit: It has been brought to my attention that my post references a source that may be somewhat of a known troll or meme in the RE community. While purely speculative, I felt that it was only responsible to make the disclaimer more obvious. If not for the release date of the statue in relation to RE2 remake's release, and some subtle design updates to the character, I otherwise wouldn't have thought much about it. The original post is below in its entirety and unmodified.

Rumors and all that, but YouTuber Nemesis posted video about a new RE3 Nemesis Jill Valentine statue from Wildhorse Studios that popped up for pre-order on China-Hobby's site. It's the iconic strapless bustier look, but with a pistol holster slung around the shoulders rather than the ammo pack (edit: similar to her look in the RE2 film). There are variants; one with high heels and another with the knee high boots. The face mold is unique and she doesn't resemble any other Jill Valentine model from before. Nemesis implies that this might be the look for the possible RE3make.

Statue preorder

Nemesis's video

Again, grain of salt here.

Last edited:

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Given that it's expected that Capcom will continue utilizing photogrammatry as they have with RE7, REmake2, and DMCV, it's highly doubtful that's anything to do with REmake3.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
Given that it's expected that Capcom will continue utilizing photogrammatry as they have with RE7, REmake2, and DMCV, it's highly doubtful that's anything to do with REmake3.

Unless Jill appears in RE2, no? I think this is extremely unlikely, but maybe not impossible? As much as I like Jill, she shouldn't directly interfere with RE2's story. But there are more than one way a character may make itself present. I can't see how a flashback wouldl work, but a recording perhaps? Something else?

Evolved1

Oct 27, 2017
I think the REmake garb is Jill's most iconic outfit. Never really cared or thought much about the RE3 outfit... wouldn't care if they went with something different if they thought it served the story/character better.

Tbh knowing they won't use the same model (Voth) that was established in the REmake continuity would be more disappointing than an outfit rework.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
RE3 Remake with Jill wearing anything other than her iconic RE3 outfit would make me very angry.
It's funny because I dare say that there are people who would say the exact opposite. I like the original outfit, but if it was up to me I would be heavily inclined to redesign it. And add the classic one as an alternate costume, like Claire, really.

I think the REmake garb is Jill's most iconic outfit. Never really cared or thought much about the RE3 outfit... wouldn't care if they went with something different if they thought it served the story/character better.

Tbh knowing they won't use the same model (Voth) that was established in the REmake continuity would be more disappointing than an outfit rework.

Her RE3's costume is definitely iconic. More than the classic one? Hard to say.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Having not even played RE3 when I think of Jill I think of that outfit.

They even used that in the Resident Evil movie.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I'd love for Jill to keep her outfit but I'd like these as alternatives.
612e516b-f0d2-40d2-9a97-fa0f4b767b9b

residentevil3nemesis2_dc.jpg

Granted, two of them are of similar design. Give her a jacket maybe.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Rumors and all that, but YouTuber Nemesis posted video about a new RE3 Nemesis Jill Valentine statue from Wildhorse Studios that popped up for pre-order on China-Hobby's site. It's the iconic strapless bustier look, but with a pistol holster slung around the shoulders rather than the ammo pack (edit: similar to her look in the RE2 film). There are variants; one with high heels and another with the knee high boots. The face mold is unique and she doesn't resemble any other Jill Valentine model from before. Nemesis implies that this might be the look for the possible RE3make.

Statue preorder

Nemesis's video

Googling the production company gets no results other than that page on china-hobby, or rather, lots of results about a same named but different company all about horses.

That site seems to be selling privately made models, so I'm assuming the Jill is just something made by a private artist and not licensed by Capcom, which I would've guessed anyway as no way they signing off on that design imo.

Deleted member 25870

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Googling the production company gets no results other than that page on china-hobby, or rather, lots of results about a same named but different company all about horses.

That site seems to be selling privately made models, so I'm assuming the Jill is just something made by a private artist and not licensed by Capcom, which I would've guessed anyway as no way they signing off on that design imo.
Thanks for the legwork. And I agree that this is most likely the case.

Deleted member 12555

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've been having a bit of a Resident Evil fever lately (as I usually do, now and then) so I installed 2 and 3 and just got done with Claire B yesterday. Today I just got done ringing the bell in the clock tower, in 3.

This all started with a replay of 6, 5 then buying 7 and replaying like half of 4 before RDR2 coming out.

I don't know if I'm just really hyped for Remake 2 (I am), or if these games just hold up pretty well (they do), but I'm having a lot of fun, and I realized a few things: these games control pretty well, and while they may still classify as having tank controls, they're pretty fluid, generally responsive and fast. 3 just barely qualifies as having tank controls, because controlling Jill is super easy and quick turn and auto aim are godtier additions.

I beat that thirsty Nemesis fellow 3 times so far, so I got the Eagle ( which doesn't sound too powerful?) and the First Aid box, but what I was really looking forward to was infinite ammo. I don't think I'll be fighting him again until it's mandatory, though, he costs way too much ammo and healing. But I'll be doing a replay immediately after finishing it once.

After that I'll be moving onto 0 and Remake, only played those like twice each. Then in January, the Onimusha remaster and then finally, the second remake. Can't wait.

I kinda forget that I love this series so much and yeah, RE6 Chris 4lyfe.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
I don't know if I'm just really hyped for Remake 2 (I am), or if these games just hold up pretty well (they do), but I'm having a lot of fun, and I realized a few things: these games control pretty well, and while they may still classify as having tank controls, they're pretty fluid, generally responsive and fast. 3 just barely qualifies as having tank controls, because controlling Jill is super easy and quick turn and auto aim are godtier additions.

I've been replaying the classics as well and I have to say I thought the exact same thing. It's very effortless to control the characters in those games and just how well they hold up made me wonder why we don't see games like that anymore. Maybe not AAA games, but with smaller budgets and from smaller developers.

I beat that thirsty Nemesis fellow 3 times so far, so I got the Eagle ( which doesn't sound too powerful?) and the First Aid box, but what I was really looking forward to was infinite ammo. I don't think I'll be fighting him again until it's mandatory, though, he costs way too much ammo and healing. But I'll be doing a replay immediately after finishing it once.

You can only get the infinite ammo in the second playthrough, in the first he drops an assault rifle. And the eagle is quite powerful. It can even crit hit with the same strength of a magnum round.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
In the Capcom TV Stream, they just showed Classic OST Swap for REmake 2, and apparently the swap also makes classic sound effects.

Deleted member 11093

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Statue preorder

Nemesis's video

Isn't Nemesis a huge troll?

Deleted member 12555

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've been replaying the classics as well and I have to say I thought the exact same thing. It's very effortless to control the characters in those games and just how well they hold up made me wonder why we don't see games like that anymore. Maybe not AAA games, but with smaller budgets and from smaller developers.

I'd be so down for that, seriously. I don't really know if pre-rendered backgrounds are cheaper or more expensive to do than full 3d, but I'd be down for that kind of game. Or even render the backgrounds in 3d, use fixed camera angles and throw some camera rotation every now and then for some scares.

You can only get the infinite ammo in the second playthrough, in the first he drops an assault rifle. And the eagle is quite powerful. It can even crit hit with the same strength of a magnum round.

That's good to know, thank you. So that means that it's not the Eagle that's weak, only Nemesis is just that strong. I unloaded 15 Eagle shots on him and it wasn't enough, I had to shoot a couple of shotgun shells too. Damn. He's so agressive.

I'm curious to know how he'll be updated for the remake and if the dodge move will be easier, if it's there at all. I hope they don't make it as dark as Remake 2 seems to be. There's not a whole lot of dark areas so far, and I kinda like that about 3.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd be so down for that, seriously. I don't really know if pre-rendered backgrounds are cheaper or more expensive to do than full 3d, but I'd be down for that kind of game. Or even render the backgrounds in 3d, use fixed camera angles and throw some camera rotation every now and then for some scares.

That's good to know, thank you. So that means that it's not the Eagle that's weak, only Nemesis is just that strong. I unloaded 15 Eagle shots on him and it wasn't enough, I had to shoot a couple of shotgun shells too. Damn. He's so agressive.

I'm curious to know how he'll be updated for the remake and if the dodge move will be easier, if it's there at all. I hope they don't make it as dark as Remake 2 seems to be. There's not a whole lot of dark areas so far, and I kinda like that about 3.

Eagle isn't great against Nemesis, is great against zombies where a crit is a kill though.

Deleted member 11093

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The BOW or the YouTuber? Haha

Outside of his opinion and speculation videos that pop up on my feed from time to time I don't know anything about him. I apologize if I've given a known troll a platform. Say the word and I'll edit the post.
Nah. lol. The Nemesis youtuber is a huge meme on the RE discord, I don't think that he's banned or anything, I actually find him super amusing but I wouldn't really take any of his speculation videos seriously tbh.

This video in particular rather aged badly.

Deleted member 25870

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Nah. lol. The Nemesis youtuber is a huge meme on the RE discord, I don't think that he's banned or anything, I actually find him super amusing but I wouldn't really take any of his speculation videos seriously tbh.

...we all do embarrassing things.

I made it about a minute in and scrubbed through to watch random points for amusement. Thanks for that. I will update my post to make the disclaimer more clear.

djshauny1

Oct 27, 2017

Good ole Nemesis. He does make me laugh lol

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is the first Revelations a good RE game?

I see it's on sale and I want to pick up them all that are available lol

Might even get the pack with 4,5&6 even though I have 4 on PS4 and I've never played 6.

Mr_Zombie

Oct 27, 2017
Poland
It's alright. It tries to mix horror of pre-RE4 games with action of post-RE4 and eventually fails at both, but all in all it's an enjoyable game with a story that have a twist after twist, followed by a another twist.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is the first Revelations a good RE game?

I see it's on sale and I want to pick up them all that are available lol

Might even get the pack with 4,5&6 even though I have 4 on PS4 and I've never played 6.

Rev1 overall better than Rev2 imo, though the Parker+Jessica/Keith+Quint sections suck. If you like Raid mode it is far better than Rev2.

Evolved1

Oct 27, 2017
Rev1 has scanning making it one of the worst RE's by default. It also has terrible fuckin controls (specifically analog aiming... doesn't even feel analog) on PS3/4 which only makes it worse. I'd rather play ORC.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Rev1 has scanning making it one of the worst RE's by default. It also has terrible fuckin controls (specifically analog aiming... doesn't even feel analog) on PS3/4 which only makes it worse. I'd rather play ORC.

Scanning is entirely optional for the most part, you get the occasional herb as reward is all, and a few hidden secrets. Plus, you know, some of us like searching and exploring in our RE games. Nothing wrong with the aiming either, Wii U/Switch versions did have a deadzone problem though.

Evolved1

Oct 27, 2017
Scanning is entirely optional for the most part, you get the occasional herb as reward is all, and a few hidden secrets. Plus, you know, some of us like searching and exploring in our RE games. Nothing wrong with the aiming either, Wii U/Switch versions did have a deadzone problem though.
Scanning is subjective, fine if you like it, but seems a little weird to throw shade over something like that. Aiming on PlayStation though... no, you are objectively wrong, it's goddamn gross. Idk I guess some of us like aiming with competent controls in our RE games.

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I vastly prefer REv2 over the first. Just felt like a better designed game with good pacing and love the choices you get with different paths and combat encounters.

Sure, the story is a bit bonkers and it certainly isn't as polished as RE4/5, but there was a lot of good things in there I hope future main line games reutilize down the line. Most of which is how certain paths and choices have a smooth and more natural effect on later content. Something that RE7 tried and ultimately failed on.

Edit: Will note I didn't care much for REv2 Raid mode and never touched Raid in the first. However, I find it hard to recommend a game on it's side content, which is why RE6 I still heavily disparage on despite Mercs being a delight.

Oct 28, 2017
I rank Revelations 1 a solid 7th in my all time favourite RE's. Very good for a 3DS game. I rank it below 1, 2, 3, 4, REmake and 7. Comfortably above the rest. Hated Revelations 2.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
Plenty of time to finish my RE playthrough (although I want to do before I vote in the RE character thread). I'm almost done with RE6 for the first time. And I have to ask, where was Jill while Chris was missing for SIX months? Am I to believe Jill would have just stood by? Or that she wasn't aware? It was three years after RE5, surely she would have recovered by then?