• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
I hope they end RE2 with a RE3 stinger, if they just redo the original's "Have to find my brother/take down Umbrella" it would be so anticlimactic because we know how that goes already.

Never thought it that way. I mean, the RE3 teaser part everyday, but how the ending of both promising to take down Umbrella would be really outdated. Claire still tries to find Chris though, but that's it. The two that actually went on in the fight against Umbrella and bioterrorism are Jill and Chris.

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
Did anybody ever analyze scene-by-scene, which backgrounds in REMake HD were remade in 3D and which ones were just filtered? I just saw a shot of this one stairwell that looked way different in the HD version compared to the GameCube version.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I just finished LeonB. Honestly, it's probably my least played scenario. I mostly only do LeonA, ClaireB and ClaireA.
I'm pretty happy by my stats considering its been a while since I played LeonB.

IGaUr29.jpg

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Did anybody ever analyze scene-by-scene, which backgrounds in REMake HD were remade in 3D and which ones were just filtered? I just saw a shot of this one stairwell that looked way different in the HD version compared to the GameCube version.
No, but the area with the crimson head in a casket is a remade one.

Should have remade aqua ring, that area looked awful.

Fancy Clown

Oct 25, 2017

From my recollection, only the west wing stairway room, and the stairway and room where you put the death masks were remade. Maybe there's another I'm forgetting though.

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
No, but the area with the crimson head in a casket is a remade one.

Should have remade aqua ring, that area looked awful.

From my recollection, only the west wing stairway room, and the stairway and room where you put the death masks were remade. Maybe there's another I'm forgetting though.

I'm trying to find more pictures of these but it's hard to find any comparisons between the 2002 version and the new version.

Deleted member 1162

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just finished LeonB. Honestly, it's probably my least played scenario. I mostly only do LeonA, ClaireB and ClaireA.
I'm pretty happy by my stats considering its been a while since I played LeonB.

IGaUr29.jpg
i never did Leon B. maybe i should try it.

I think that's a made up fable that Claire A is canon.

if that was truly true, remake would not start with Leon when it launches end of this month. (knocks on wood)

VodkaFX

May 31, 2018
Playing through RE0 now, just about to finish training facility, but holyshit the inventory management is terrible. 6 slots each is really tight...

Last edited:

Mengetsu

Oct 27, 2017
Just a heads up the Demo is out in New Zealand and you can create a NZ PSN account if you want to play the demo now. Just finished it and I can't wait anymore I just need it in my veins! Also Hunk and Tofu are shown in the after trailer.

Mengetsu

Oct 27, 2017
I know about Hunk but not Tofu? is he / she a big spoiler?
Not really. It's more a fun joke. It's just a replacement character for hunk. I won't say anymore just incase.

Spoiler if you want the answer.

The Tofu is a replacement character that's just a actual piece of Tofu. When testing the game the Japanese developers used it as a test model to see hit boxes and damage takes from enemies in the game. They found it funny they ended up putting it in the game as a secret secondary character replacing Hunk in the 4th survivor mode.

Grisby

Oct 29, 2017
Why does it still have to be two weeks and I finally have to go back to work tomorrow. Ugh.

On the bright side I've used this lull to catch up on Devil May Cry, finishing 1 and 3 (about half of 2) and now I'm on mission 12 with Dante on DMC4. 3 is still awesome and I'm having fun with 4/

I'll be ready for 5 in March for sure. It's nice to be playing a set of renowned capcom games while I'm waiting on another git capcom game.

PSS. Also how cool would it be for CLaire to have a Lady outfit and for Leon to have Dante's jacket as an unlockable costumes. Do some brand synergy.

KDash

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Just played the demo on my original model Xbox One. It's great. Ran out of time before I finished it, though, since I kept just walking around and looking at things and exploring. Hah.

I took some screenshots, which you can find here: https://imgur.com/a/O9F0wkE

I'll be downloading the PlayStation 4 demo on my Slim console once that's up.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For the demo can you run it on alt PSN accounts for extra time, and does different PS store region demo count as a new demo with new set of timers?

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
I can tell you right now that 30 minutes is not enough because I was walking and exploring the entire time, I didn't wanna rush through it and I wanted to get sorta familiar with the location and controls.

Will play very immersively on release.

So fucking excited.

stingsabit

Nov 4, 2017
My PS4 Pro sounds like it's gonna explode when I run this demo. It's insane and it's unplayable... I can't actually hear the game. WTF is this dumbass console.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
I beat it 3x. Twice on the Japanese Demo, using both Japanese and US accounts and once on the US Demo using my US account.

This wait is going to be the longest 2 weeks. I've been waiting since 2002 for this game.

Waddle Dee

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
California
Wow that's a great video, didn't see that retrospective before. Also watched the RE3 one and it's spot on as well and will soon see RE1 and RE2. Very recommend for RE fans.

Yeah, I watched that right after finishing the game. He's spot on about how thematically barren the game is. There's no real scares, no interesting creatures, and all the characters fall flat. Only thing in the whole game that left an impression is the giant doll in the center of that big stairwell. That looks cool.

Doctrine Dark

Nov 13, 2017
Cot damn it! I should've never downloaded the demo. Now it's going to make the wait even harder.

Btw, is it me, or were a few of those journals brand new? I don't recall them from the original game, but it has been awhile.

Doctrine Dark

Nov 13, 2017
Nice. The journals and various notes were always one of coolest parts of the RE series. It always gave you a good glimpse into what was taking place and how the writer was thinking. My fav in particular was the Keeper's Diary. Dude was still able to write despite becoming a zombie lol.

GAMEPROFF

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
It only bugs me that it appears that the RESIDENT! EVIL! guy from when you press start to play the game appears to be really gone. Yeah, it was a bit goofy and Capcom most likely dont want have a bit goof in Resident Evil anymore, but I always liked him

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
DwtqzGEUUAYZWln.jpg

Hype got to me. Decided to grab some stuff for the collection. Gotta find a shop to actually give me the real poster lol. This is just a print out.

Oct 28, 2017
It only bugs me that it appears that the RESIDENT! EVIL! guy from when you press start to play the game appears to be really gone. Yeah, it was a bit goofy and Capcom most likely dont want have a bit goof in Resident Evil anymore, but I always liked him
Agreed honestly it's such an iconic part of the series being stripped away. Aunt Rhody in RE7 was cool enough that I could somewhat accept it as the replacement for that game. But RE2 and future games? Nah, there's no replacement for the voice guy. It was in every game in the series before 7.

Mengetsu

Oct 27, 2017
The producer said in an interview starting with RE7 they was moving away from it unfortunately. But if you get the DLC with the OST swap he said the old announcer will be there for fans.

Oct 28, 2017
The producer said in an interview starting with RE7 they was moving away from it unfortunately. But if you get the DLC with the OST swap he said the old announcer will be there for fans.
Charging extra for the original soundtrack was bad enough. Charging extra for the goddamn voice guy is such horseshit.

In other news, I'm playing Code Veronica at the moment and my opinion on it is slowly turning. It has a lot of problems. The level design can be very iffy and annoying. The story is straight trash. But there's definitely Resident Evil here. Right now I'm thinking I'll move it above RE6 and RE0 but still below the other main series entries.

One thing I will say about the trash fire that is the CV story and characters, is that the game does provide some real hilarious moments like RE1 did. I couldn't stop laughing at the Steve FATHHEERRRRR scene. Good god. So CV does have somewhat of a so bad it's good quality to it.

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
I made it passed the library and the 30 minutes run out... don't know at what point the demo ends though lol

Really liked what I played so these 2 weeks will pass by so slow...

I wonder if the Extreme Battle mode qill return.