• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The original RE1 had fully 3D items you could turn and examine. The DOOM books and getting the medals from them depended on it.

RE2 removed this function. CV was when it was added again.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
I remember always getting the keys in RE1 confused until I realized examining them changed the item name from the generic "Mansion Key" to whatever themed key it was supposed to be. Actually ended up being a gamechanger for me.

Ace Attorney copied that for their games.
Huh. You know, I always felt like the evidence examinations in Case 5 of AA1 in particular felt really familiar, but I never made that connection until now.

Deleted member 1162

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I remember always getting the keys in RE1 confused until I realized examining them changed the item name from the generic "Mansion Key" to whatever themed key it was supposed to be. Actually ended up being a gamechanger for me.

Huh. You know, I always felt like the evidence examinations in Case 5 of AA1 in particular felt really familiar, but I never made that connection until now.
here's a quote from an interview =)
Takumi: Unlike novels or movies, video games are an interactive medium where the player's actions drive the story forward, so I had actually wanted to allow players to manipulate the evidence themselves earlier on in the series, and thanks to the Nintendo DS's more advanced specs, we were finally able to implement it.

Janet: And what about letting players obtain new information from the evidence?

Takumi: I'm pretty sure that was inspired by my experience with the original Resident Evil where I examined a book, and a coin — I think it was a coin? — popped out.
pretty interesting =)

How About No

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Great Dairy State
If I can nitpick one thing about RE:2, I'm not really a fan of how they redesigned the Lickers' skulls

RE2_Claire_Oct8_screen7.jpeg

3e28de086d31d9d2f9e67362df08372f.jpg

I don't like how they changed the Lickers' teeth to be jagged and pointy. And also how the brain bulges out giving their face a more pointed look than how strong-jawed they used to be. I think they used to have a more human appearance that I found way cooler and more unsettling

Also mourning the loss of their telltale breathing (unless someone knows if it it's in)

Otherwise they're p dang cool

Jet Jaguar

Dec 3, 2017
How is the quality of the current steam version of RE4? (2014? Release)

I'm deciding whether to grab this or wait for the Switch version.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Decided to boot up the Gamecube version of Resident Evil 4 using composite cables. MY.FUCKING.EYES.

ZeroDS

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
I need to know what's going on with Mr X cause I don't think I can handle him chasing me around while trying to solve puzzles

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Crazy to think we are only 8 days away now. I think I'll start going through the original again tonight. Get full hype.

Fancy Clown

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah the story is super goofy, it's kinda fun. I think it's pretty ambitious in terms of its scope and a lot of the individual areas are pretty cool and try a variety of things you might not see in the other classic games (like that metal detector puzzle early on). It's got plenty of frustrating elements and overall it's not as polished as the other classic RE's, but I can't fault them for swinging for the fences. It's a solid mid-tier RE game for me.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
Crazy to think we are only 8 days away now. I think I'll start going through the original again tonight. Get full hype.

The craziest thing is to imagine that some 7 months ago we basically had no idea what the state of RE2 was. I even thought it might have been in development hell. And then E3 happened.

Also, just go and replay RE2. Done it twice already and it's as good as I remembered it to be.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
The craziest thing is to imagine that some 7 months ago we basically had no idea what the state of RE2 was. I even thought it might have been in development hell. And then E3 happened.

Also, just go and replay RE2. Done it twice already and it's as good as I remembered it to be.
I'm just trying to decide between Leon A/Claire B or vice versa. I'll probably end up doing it both ways anyway, but might start Leon A is that how it always was when I was a kid.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
I'm thinking of maybe styling my hair in the style of Leon for my playthrough of this game, hehe.

I got the hair range for it.

Hmm.