• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Grisby

Oct 29, 2017
Me when co-workers go "let's get lunch together!"
giphy.gif
YdYDPDx.gif

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
REmake and Zer0 just got updates on Xbox One. Any clues?
Was just coming in here to ask about them receiving updates... on Steam. So, they're being updated on all platforms? Didn't 4, 5, and 6 recently get an update to add language support, Chinese I think? Maybe it's that. This sucks because that language update broke mods and trainers on 4, 5, and 6 and there is already someone saying that the Door Skip mod is now broken with this update on REmake.

I believe FluffyQuack has also said he's not currently interested in updating his trainers to be compatible again.

EDIT: Yep, it is indeed Chinese language support. While adding Chinese language support to the legacy RE games is a good thing, these updates have outright broken mods and trainers and the people who made them are no longer willing to update them, so for those of us who don't speak or read Chinese these patches have outright made the games worse for us.

Last edited:

Deleted member 11093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Thread's a gold mine, was laughing for like 10 minutes at this dude.
https://www.resetera.com/posts/14004573/

The RE6 defense force keeps getting bigger and bigger, give it a decade and Resident Evil 6 will go down as the best Resident Evil game in the franchise.

What a crazy timeline we live in!

Well, I love Resident Evil 6 but best in the franchise? Nope, that goes to;

Resident Evil 5

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Thread's a gold mine, was laughing for like 10 minutes at this dude.
https://www.resetera.com/posts/14004573/

The RE6 defense force keeps getting bigger and bigger, give it a decade and Resident Evil 6 will go down as the best Resident Evil game in the franchise.

What a crazy timeline we live in!

RE7 really helped people take RE6 for what it is rather than what they wanted it to be now.

Oct 28, 2017
RE6 is garbage and will always be garbage. But at least it isn't Code Veronica.

Side thought: RE3 may be the most underrated game in the franchise. Nemesis was a bigger leap forward than people give it credit for.

tohlew

Oct 25, 2017
To anyone who finished RE Revelations 2, what was Claire's gift she had in the post credits scene? I admittedly haven't played RE6 to completion, which this seems to take place before (she mentions Chris and Pierce are in China). Hopefully I don't look too clueless, it's just my RE knowledge is spotty (have yet to play CV, 6, or 7, but I'm working on it).

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
RE6 ain't completely garbage, it has redeeming qualities. It's a fun game that will always have a cult following.

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
It's gonna be real interesting when we get into the RE6 remake

To anyone who finished RE Revelations 2, what was Claire's gift she had in the post credits scene? I admittedly haven't played RE6 to completion, which this seems to take place before (she mentions Chris and Pierce are in China). Hopefully I don't look too clueless, it's just my RE knowledge is spotty (have yet to play CV, 6, or 7, but I'm working on it).

I don't even know and I've beateb it a few times lol. It's not anything that's a big deal though.

Deleted member 11093

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Capcom will never remake RE6. Why remake perfection? In what way would a remake improve the greatest Resident Evil game in the history of the human race, if not to ruin it?

Last edited:

Deleted member 11093

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I love how active this OT has gotten lately. The RE thirst is real.

Hot damn he's handsome.

Almost thought that he was a real person when someone shared the thumbnail on the discord.

God bless REngine.

I really want my first playthrough to use canon outfits, but hot daymn the noir Leon looks G.R.E.AT. It's a legitimate reason to start off a second run immediately after beating the game.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
If they worked on RE2 half way through RE7, I wonder if they did the same with RE3. Probably doubling down after the reception of 2.

Or that's just what I wish would happen cos I know it's not so.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
I don't think we'll ever hear about that before RE2's released.

I suppose so. I fully expect Jill (and Nemesis probably) to have only a small cameo. So there is no point to tease that. But if they did tease them, then I'd expect something a little bit more meaningful, even if quite small compared to the rest of the narrative. That's why I was hyped to see the news.

Oct 28, 2017
Really hoping RE2 has a post credits scene that briefly teases Nemesis. Doesn't even need to show anything. Just needs to have one word spoken in the background.

STARS

I would lose my shit.