• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

KDash

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Code: Veronica on Dreamcast was the first full Resident Evil game I got, since the cover didn't scare my parents away. I think I got it at release, or at least real close. I had played demos and read about the games for years prior and really wanted them. Loved it and played it a lot. It's been a long time since my last playthrough, though...like...17 years? I need to replay it.

Anyway, after that, I managed to get the Dreamcast versions of 2 and 3 when they came out, and then got Resident Evil: Director's Cut (Dual Shock) on PlayStation. Also got some of the old Toybiz action figures. And I've been a fan ever since.

Though I have yet to finish 0 or the remake as I got stuck on both and just stopped playing because I had hundreds of other games to play as well. Heh.

Oct 28, 2017
For me Code Veronica will always be my least favourite mainline RE. It was such a crushing disappointing coming off 3. I had expectations for the first next gen RE. I just hated it from top to bottom.

Jan 11, 2018
My biggest gripe with Code Veronica is that it's the point where the plot truly jumped the shark. From b-movie horror to full on anime nonsense. I really wish they hadn't brought back Wesker. And in contrast, I wish Wesker had been given a bigger role in RE0 instead of the JRPG villain to make up for the fact that he would die in the first game. But I'm well aware that I'm in a very small minority regarding this opinion.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Biggest disappintment of 2018, I was really hoping for a demo.

Guess I need to check my hype from now on.

Deleted member 1162

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i got the game cube component cables and learned i can force all games into 480p

playing re0 and re1 480p on a CRT. it is so good!

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
It's both possible she could or could have left it. We're both right. She could run to Brad in the Nemesis fight and take his card before entering the RPD.

Indeed. But the STARS room would probably be there as well, right? With Jill, Chris, Wesker stuff and the likes... I feel just finding her card woud not be too connected with RE3. Although finding it exactly where it would be in that game would put a smile in my face. A nice detail no doubt.

West wing hallway has a hole in the wall, comment something big must have burst in. I know was a window originally but the size of Nemesis made it a bit silly.

Physical remais of their battles? That's interesting.

I think if they mean to release R3make sooner rather than latter that it could be a place for a teaser, yes.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
Indeed. But the STARS room would probably be there as well, right? With Jill, Chris, Wesker stuff and the likes... I feel just finding her card woud not be too connected with RE3. Although finding it exactly where it would be in that game would put a smile in my face. A nice detail no doubt.

On second thought you're absolutely right with this the card is not really enough. I'll think of something else.
The west wing hallway one is too good.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018

Mr H, claims to have info on the Resident Evil reboot movies regarding script drafts, which game/s the script writer was channeling. Wanted to make it scary in James Wan's style.
Horror first, action second.

Deleted member 11093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Mr H, claims to have info on the Resident Evil reboot movies regarding script drafts, which game/s the script writer was channeling. Wanted to make it scary in James Wan's style.
Horror first, action second.

Interesting, thanks for sharing this. Not a lot of info there aside from what we already know (reboot, horror focused), but it's reassuring to know Greg Russo is out, he has the right idea of what a Resident Evil movie should truly be but I don't think that he has the experience to deliver a good one. Hopefully it enters productions next year, I'd like to see this come to be around 2020.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
Interesting, thanks for sharing this. Not a lot of info there aside from what we already know (reboot, horror focused), but it's reassuring to know Greg Russo is out, he has the right idea of what a Resident Evil movie should truly be but I don't think that he has the experience to deliver a good one. Hopefully it enters productions next year, I'd like to see this come to be around 2020.

Word, I don't know anything about Greg Russo's body of work but I think he might understand the source material more than Paul did.

https://discussingfilm.wordpress.co...ent-evil-reboot-exclusive-interview-part-two/

Here's the interview in text form if anyone wants to read the full thing.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
Does RE2 have some kind of upgrade system like in RE4 and 5?

Original game? Not exactly. What you get with Leon is Weapon Parts for your Handgun, Shotgun and Desert Eagle Magnum.

Handgun has a triple shot toggle.
Enhanced Shotgun can tear zombies in half
Desert Eagle Enhanced gives you instant headshots to every zombie.

Other enemies for each weapon have various effects.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Original game? Not exactly. What you get with Leon is Weapon Parts for your Handgun, Shotgun and Desert Eagle Magnum.

Handgun has a triple shot toggle.
Enhanced Shotgun can tear zombies in half
Desert Eagle Enhanced gives you instant headshots to every zombie.

Other enemies for each weapon have various effects.

Hmm okay, you think they'll add an upgrade system in the remake?

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Finally bit on the RE0 HD Remaster. Been a hot minute since I played this, but randomly playing the Remaster of 1 made me jump on it. Looking forward to the extras.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I've really disliked what they've done with the villains post Wesker.

How About No

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Great Dairy State
I've really disliked what they've done with the villains post Wesker.

Carla and Simmons....yuck and they retroactively make the lore worse

Alex Wesker is pretty dope and will be interesting to see what they do with that after Rev2

Eveline is pretty unique as an RE villian...but she's still not the strongest of that villain type. And the Baker Family are the true stars of that game anyway

Gradon

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Carla and Simmons....yuck and they retroactively make the lore worse

Alex Wesker is pretty dope and will be interesting to see what they do with that after Rev2

Eveline is pretty unique as an RE villian...but she's still not the strongest of that villain type. And the Baker Family are the true stars of that game anyway

Agreed with pretty much all of this.

Alex still bothered me as I really liked her design, loved that they went with a woman like we were theorising in RE5's DLC and she was very intriguing but... her plan was a mess.

I just hope they continue that thread or I'll be even more disappointed.

Poor Billy, Sheva, Helena and Carlos.

On the other hand they have made characters like Rebecca, Barry and Hunk return in some way or form.

Still waiting on a full Mercenaries game that's more jam packed than that 3DS one. Rebecca is the best mercs character. :')

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
Mercenaries game that's more jam packed than that 3DS one. Rebecca is the best mercs character. :')

It's baffles me as to why they haven't done one of these for home release yet. It practically makes itself

RE6 gameplay, locations spanning various RE games with more added down the line with a fairly priced GAAS model idc. Bosses like Nemesis, Mr X or Ustanak appearing in certain stages. All characters playable and unlockable via in game progress.
I've been waiting for this.

Mengetsu

Oct 27, 2017

For people who hope a demo is on the way still take with a grain of salt. If it was to happen it would be The Game Awards.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
There is hope, BUT, it comes out the month after so unless it is done in Beginning Hours fashion I might as well wait.

Gradon

Oct 25, 2017
UK

For people who hope a demo is on the way still take with a grain of salt. If it was to happen it would be The Game Awards.

He sure changed his tone in 4 days. Seems quite aggressive and won't give a source. Im banking on fake.

Also Im not sure what that PS4 Dev image is meant to represent but it also seems fake. People can spoof that stuff with custom firmware.

FallenGrace

Oct 27, 2017
Figured I would replay RE0 and Remake before Remake 2 comes out. Played them back on the GC but not for a while. Had the HD versions for ages though so fired up RE 0. The game still looks vidually amzing and the atmosphere is so good. I always quite liked Rebecca but I forgot how abysmal the inventory system is having to dump items everywhere. Ugh!

Going for the platinum trophy. Just finished the game on hard this evening, beat it on Wesker mode without saving or combining herbs a few days ago. Guess i'll try and A rank leech mode off my hard game save to get the infinite ammo to speed through for the S rank next.

All in all, still think it's a great game that desperately needed item store boxes. Really nice to replay it again.

Slackerchan

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I didn't know quite where to ask this but I guess this is probably the best spot.

I finally picked up Resident Evil 5 on Steam the other day and I'm tempted to give it another playthrough. However, I'm hesitant of doing so because of just how bad some of the button-mashing QTEs are (especially toward the end). Does anyone know if anyone ever developed a "hold button" mod that negates the need for rapidly pressing a button during a QTE? State of Decay 2 this year had an accessibility option that let you hold instead of mash for grappling events so I was hoping to see if some smart soul had figured out how to do it for RE5.

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I didn't know quite where to ask this but I guess this is probably the best spot.

I finally picked up Resident Evil 5 on Steam the other day and I'm tempted to give it another playthrough. However, I'm hesitant of doing so because of just how bad some of the button-mashing QTEs are (especially toward the end). Does anyone know if anyone ever developed a "hold button" mod that negates the need for rapidly pressing a button during a QTE? State of Decay 2 this year had an accessibility option that let you hold instead of mash for grappling events so I was hoping to see if some smart soul had figured out how to do it for RE5.

Would this work?
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=876137199