• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
Eh, Sheva's entire life was directly ruined by Wesker and Umbrella, and way more than a city to her was lost. She had just as much right to that as Jill would.

Sheva had no personal relationship with Wesker. Indeed, just a few hours before she didn't even know he existed. Anyway, I think having Sheva pull the trigger is the consequence of deeper problem, which is Jill being only a peripheral aspect in Wesker/Chris story, even though she should have been an equal.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sheva had no personal relationship with Wesker. Indeed, just a few hours before she didn't even know he existed. Anyway, I think having Sheva pull the trigger is the consequence of deeper problem, which is Jill being only a peripheral aspect in Wesker/Chris story, even though she should have been an equal.
I mean, every main stay has their own personal stuff. Chris has Wesker, Leon has Ada, Jill had Nemesis(although she hasn't had a game to herself since 3, so I'll agree there.)

This is one instance I think even Chris shoulda taken a backseat. Aryan white man comes and fucks up shit in Africa, an african woman deserves to be the one to pull that trigger.

Or, preferably, given it to Jill and Sheva, who arguably were the only ones actually fucked over by Wesker the most in RE5. Jill got brainwashed, Sheva lost her family and was forced to fend off the people she spent her life training to protect, and Chris got off nearly scot-free.

Steiner_Zi

Oct 28, 2017
In anticipation of REmake2 I started for the first time and just finished REmake on PS4 and boy, what a ride. I started from being totally helpless and wondering how as a child could play the original to being fully engrossed in the experience and falling in love with classic Resi all over again. Needless to say I'm going to replay it at least once more to with Chris. :D

Now I'm eager to do a replay of RE2 after 20 years - do you have a suggestion about the best way to play it? I've heard of a new PC mod coming out recently, and another option would be emulation. The problem is I have a business laptop with a good processor but no dedicated graphics card so I'm not sure if it can handle either of these. So I was thinking of grabbing the PSone version on PSN to play on PS3, but I live in Europe and am scared of getting a crappy PAL version...

Oct 30, 2017
I'm in the middle of playing RE7 for the first time, game is god damn amazing. Can anyone tell me how far I am, percentage wise? I just got the snake key.

Boddy

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Alright, finally got TEW2 out of the way (which was really good btw), so I can finally focus on RE7 next month.
Will probably play REmake 1 (which I own twice btw) in januray.

Mengetsu

Oct 27, 2017

Resident Evil Twitter just retweeted this.
Next week's gonna be busy. I'm really hopeful for a new trailer at TGA and for the proper preview releases.

Mr_Zombie

Oct 27, 2017
Poland
Oh right, RE7 is a thing. Is it good?
Yes, yes it is. And I'm saying this as someone who refrained from playing the game for over a year because I usually hate FPP horror games (and FPS in general).

It has its highs and lows (with the last location being the lowest), but the game is pretty good. Plus it was the first RE game in years that managed to really surprise me, since it was so different from what RE games were since RE4 (gameplay wise and story wise).

Deleted member 9746

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yes, yes it is. And I'm saying this as someone who refrained from playing the game for over a year because I usually hate FPP horror games (and FPS in general).

It has its highs and lows (with the last location being the lowest), but the game is pretty good. Plus it was the first RE game in years that managed to really surprise me, since it was so different from what RE games were since RE4 (gameplay wise and story wise).
I see. I don't care for first person horror but I'll give it a try, then!

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh right, RE7 is a thing. Is it good?
The first 25-30% is OK, aside from the hide and seek crap. Game is dull after that with little to no variety and feels like the Devs gave up on the design style of the early parts. Terrible story and characters. Especially the player character.

I didn't even bother with the DLC such was my boredom and uninterest in the game. Worst mainline RE game by far. I'll never play it again.

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
The first 25-30% is OK, aside from the hide and seek crap. Game is dull after that with little to no variety and feels like the Devs gave up on the design style of the early parts. Terrible story and characters. Especially the player character.

I didn't even bother with the DLC such was my boredom and uninterest in the game. Worst mainline RE game by far. I'll never play it again.

The DLC is better than the main game IMO

Deleted member 1162

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i haven't played RE7 yet, i got the gold edition when it released and it's sitting here sealed. i was going to wait to i got VR but never did. i guess i should just play it regular

Steiner_Zi

Oct 28, 2017
i haven't played RE7 yet, i got the gold edition when it released and it's sitting here sealed. i was going to wait to i got VR but never did. i guess i should just play it regular
I played it regular and it was still one of my fav games of 2017. It has its advantages over the VR version like better graphics and image quality and personally not being too scary. :P

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
So I was seeing some RE2 videos, particularly the one with Birkin, and I got thinking. What would happen to him had not he died in a fiery explosion? Would he just become an ever bigger blob of flesh, oversized eyes and sharp teeth? That seems a very unpractical life form. Unless he could find a pit in a desert.

Also, on another note, have Leon and Jill ever interacted with each other?

Akuma-san メカ豪鬼

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Philippines
So I was seeing some RE2 videos, particularly the one with Birkin, and I got thinking. What would happen to him had not he died in a fiery explosion? Would he just become an ever bigger blob of flesh, oversized eyes and sharp teeth? That seems a very unpractical life form. Unless he could find a pit in a desert.

No evidence of them meeting on canon games but https://youtu.be/Dlp9kLOjpTc?t=405

Deleted member 9746

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
He would keep getting bigger and bigger until he enveloped the Earth and ensured complete global saturation.

I don't think so.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
6 would have been a great opportunity to have Leon and Jill interact with each other seeing as those stories crossed paths, but sadly Jill was not in the game.

Give me a Jill and Sheva game.

InspectorJones

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Been replaying Umbrella Chronicles and I'm still super impressed with how good of rail shooter it is while incorporating both the Resident Evil environments and enemies in the design as well as concepts from RE4 like targetting specific weak points to stumble or injure enemies.

Has anyone played Darkside Chronicles? I've heard it's not as great, but I am definitely checking it to see how they adapted the Resident Evil 2 map design. I remember being very upset at the time thinking that was the biggest "Fuck You" to fans back then who wanted a Resident Evil 2 remake. Flash forward almost 10 years later...

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Been replaying Umbrella Chronicles and I'm still super impressed with how good of rail shooter it is while incorporating both the Resident Evil environments and enemies in the design as well as concepts from RE4 like targetting specific weak points to stumble or injure enemies.

Has anyone played Darkside Chronicles? I've heard it's not as great, but I am definitely checking it to see how they adapted the Resident Evil 2 map design. I remember being very upset at the time thinking that was the biggest "Fuck You" to fans back then who wanted a Resident Evil 2 remake. Flash forward almost 10 years later...

The biggest issue with Darkside Chronicles is that the camera shake is made even more noticeable. To the point where it definitely impacts areas of gameplay. Specifically a part agaisn't Mr. X where you have to hit a certain part. Overall it isn't bad, and if you like UC you should like DC for what it is too.

Mr_Zombie

Oct 27, 2017
Poland

Darkside Chronicles has much better presentation (graphics, soundtrack, voice acting, story adaptation, cut-scenes), but out of the two is a worse game. While Umbrella Chronicles was pure arcade rail-shooter, DSC tried to be something more and thus put a lot of effort into being "cinematic". That resultsled in a lot of prolonged no-shooting segments to build atmosphere, a lot of scripted sequences (eg. the boss's health is depleted, but the fight still goes on because the game still wants you to present some interactive cut-scenes), and a lot of shaky camera during gameplay.

It's still a good game, but can sometimes be really annoying (especially during boss fights, where it's not clear whether you actually hurting the boss or is that just a scripted sequence).

Grisby

Oct 29, 2017
I always wanted Claire and Leon to have more interactions. The movie stuff wasn't very good. Another team up past 6 would be great.

Gah, is anyone else just messing with the original RE2 at the moment? I popped it onto my vita and it's like being back home again. You spend so long with those tank controls that it becomes muscle memory to be honest.

I've only been in some of the rooms in the police station but I love the right side with the snack machines. When you first get in there they're like 5 zombies and they are all bearing down on you. You of course have the decapitating shotgun of death and can just blow all the siuckers away in a frame-dropping glory kill.

Then we have the office room with that creaky fan that's basically the only noise in the room and it's creepy. Moving outside to the double sided staircase and all you hear are the grunts and cries from the zombies outside of the RPD walls.

RE2 was masterclass in envirment and sound design.
WE'RE SO CLOSE Y'ALL.