• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

solari

Oct 25, 2017
AZ, USA
Had a quick go of the original RE2 last night to refresh my memory of it and I dunno, I think I may actually like the remake more, something I never thought I'd be saying. The update to the RPD and such is just so good, it's slightly underwhelming to go back to the old design now, as nostalgic as it may be.

That's a good time. I'm going to try and get the S+ for Hardcore now. Also, they did unlock after one playthrough? I dunno why I thought they didn't. Oh and I've been buying the DLC outfits. One thing I can't resist are Resident Evil unlockable outfits, even if I have to pay for them.

I'm feeling the same about the original. I replayed it a few months ago and still adored it. My first run of Leon A left me thinking I liked the original a bit more, but my speed run of it was such a blast I think I may prefer the remake now.

Also thanks! Pretty proud of it for my first try. I saved 7 times so I didn't get S+. :( I haven't played Hardcore yet, but I think I might join you on trying to S+ rank it. Yeah, when I went to attempt my second run, it was right there in the costumes lol. Feel like a dummy haha. I also bought them, I couldn't resist that Elza Walker costume haha.

Deleted member 1162

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
one person on here pm'd me a while ago about RE discord and pointed out to ask cyberpunk for an invite, i forgot all about it!

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Just beat Hardcore with an S+ with Claire.

That was exhausting. I had to try the second last boss fight three times but I had used up my 3 saves by then and had to keep restarting back about 20 minutes before it. But now I have the LE 5 and Minigun so all is good.

Oct 28, 2017
Ok, beat Leon A! Just over 10 hours playtime. In typical RE fashion my item box was absolutely stuffed with all kinds of ammo and healing items. Yeah this game just like RE7 desperately needed a difficulty between standard and hardcore.

I really liked the game. I think there's things the original does better though, and I'd also say that RE7 had higher highs and will be the more memorable game to look back on, despite RE2 being the more consistent game with overall better level design.

Gonna try Claire B tomorrow. I'm keeping my expectations in check for it as the A scenario seemed to use up a lot of what I would have expected from the B scenario.

Deleted member 1162

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i just beat Claire B.

the electric gun sucks. why do i have several pistols? kinda silly.

i started Leon B was kinda disappointed and stopped. I figured Claire A would be a better fit, starting that now.

Zambatoh

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah. Aside from William and Mr. X, the Spark Shot can pretty much 1 shot kill anything in the game.
Though the Ivy still have to be burned for perma-death.

How About No

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Great Dairy State
I'm weird so I started thinking about how many rooms the save theme plays in each game

RE1/REmake: 4 (save room different in the caves, and I don't think music ever plays in the East Storage Room in RE1)
RE2: 7
RE3: 10-11?
CV: 4
RE0: 3
RE4: 7-8?
RE7: 7

Deleted member 1162

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Spark Shot is fucking dope if you know how to use it
Yeah. Aside from William and Mr. X, the Spark Shot can pretty much 1 shot kill anything in the game.
Though the Ivy still have to be burned for perma-death.
that's probably why, i saved the spark shot on the boss, it didn't do much.

and yeah, i needed additional fire for the plants, it wasn't really great. i just ended up using 1 Acid round then 1 fire for the plants and acid rounds on the boss.

Last edited:

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
I found shooting one of the plant's bulbs to stun them is sometimes the quickest way to get past them and saves a lot of ammo.

Waddle Dee

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
California
Yeah, I saved the Spark Shot for the bosses and it didn't seem to do much. Same with the Acid Rounds, despite many people saying they're great against them.

Oct 28, 2017
I personally don't enjoy speedrunning so I hate the fact ranks are tied to them. I wish there was a ranking system that judged you on saves used and healing items used.

Fancy Clown

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah 7 has great boss fights, it just needed more of them. If it had like two more boss fights on par with the 2nd Jack and Marg fights it would probably have the best bosses in the series overall.

Deleted member 1162

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i spent 3 hours looking at a desk in a photo that was from a previous save and can't believe it. i needed to have the picture developed. drove me mad...
i was shooting at the cups and everything.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
You know I only just noticed that Jill's beret is on her desk in the original and the remake.

Anyway, enjoying just going through at a slower pace again, haven't done Leon B on Hardcore so just doing that now, also ended up buying all the DLC costumes. I hope they add more at some point and hopefully for free. I would like the original unlockable costumes for killing zombie Brad, that would be cool.

Deleted member 1162

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i did last night before posting.
You know I only just noticed that Jill's beret is on her desk in the original and the remake.

Anyway, enjoying just going through at a slower pace again, haven't done Leon B on Hardcore so just doing that now, also ended up buying all the DLC costumes. I hope they add more at some point and hopefully for free. I would like the original unlockable costumes for killing zombie Brad, that would be cool.
i got the deluxe and need to use the code for the costumes myself. i haven't looked on the desks in detail but that's a nice touch.
i did see the Brad poster and was waiting for some kind of appearance.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
I hope with the DLC coming I hope they add a proper NG+ to the game. Would love to start the game with all the weapons.

InspectorJones

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I posted in the RE2OT in the main forum; but earlier I ordered these replica R.P.D police station keys from Etsy after seeing the keys bundled with the RE2 collector's edition in EU.

iap_640x640.1764569724_s5ghcaii.jpg

Which got me thinking...I want Spencer mansion keys to go with them. So I started to do some research and there were some readily available replicas I found lacking (All the same color metal, other inaccuracies) . That's when I discovered about the rare Kuji keys in Japan that you can find listed on eBay.

GvGMZzu.jpg

I had to bite the bullet and order myself a set but to any other crazies be warned they are not cheap.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
I posted in the RE2OT in the main forum; but earlier I ordered these replica R.P.D police station keys from Etsy after seeing the keys bundled with the RE2 collector's edition in EU.

Which got me thinking...I want Spencer mansion keys to go with them. So I started to do some research and there were some readily available replicas I found lacking (All the same color metal, other inaccuracies) . That's when I discovered about the rare Kuji keys in Japan that you can find listed on eBay.

GvGMZzu.jpg

I had to bite the bullet and order myself a set but to any other crazies be warned they are not cheap.
These look pretty nice. I didn't realise they were in a collector's edition.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden

GvGMZzu.jpg

Now you gotta build yourself a escape room and add those keys and then hire a big dude to play Mr X