• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
I finished Leon's A yesterday. Really liked it, though music could have been implemented better imo.

Now going to start with Claire!

InspectorJones

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Now you gotta build yourself a escape room and add those keys and then hire a big dude to play Mr X

If I ever become enormously wealthy; rest assured I am building the replica mansion to go alongside the keys.

EDIT:

These look pretty nice. I didn't realise they were in a collector's edition.

Yeah, and they're really pretty. They're going on eBay (Just those keys) for pretty high prices...if you can find them when they go up.

scl7471p2yd21.jpg

Last edited:

NattyBo

Dec 29, 2017
Washington, DC
It only took 23 years but I finally conquered my fears and beat RE1, which came out when I was 11 (well,I beat the HD remake, but whatever)! Feels good, lol.

In the last few weeks I beat RE2 Remake (Leon A, Claire B), and the main story of RE7.

Is the RE2 Remake Claire A/Leon B significantly different than what I've already played?

Last edited:

Deleted member 4260

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm attempting to play RE6 on PS4, and it seems like I can't set the subtitles to on or off? Like I see the option but I can't interact with it at all. Am I stupid? Please help.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
It only took 23 years but I finally conquered my fears and beat RE1, which came out when I was 11 (well,I beat the HD remake, but whatever)! Feels good, lol.

In the last few weeks I beat RE2 Remake (Leon A, Claire B), and the main story of RE7.

Is the RE2 Remake Claire A/Leon B significantly different than what I've already played?
Some beginning cut scenes and end cut scenes will be slightly different but otherwise barely different at all.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
Talking about A and B scenarios, there is no way Capcom would do something similar with RE3, right? With Jill and Carlos that is. I've seen some people saying Carlos should have a campaign and although I do want his role expanded, having half the game for him would kill R3make.

Deleted member 22585

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
EU
Hey guys, is the Resident Evil Vendetta movie worth watching? I'm kinda in a RE mood after finishing RE2. Watched the previous CG RE movies and they are somewhat fine. So what about Vendetta?

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
In REmake do the zombies still turn into crimson heads if you don't kill them? I can't honestly remember

Bowl0l

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for the responses. It's around 6 bucks to stream it, I'll just check it out. I mean, I don't expect an animated masterpiece.
Enjoy the movie. Have to warn you about one part of the movie, the car chase. It looked like Capcom ran out of movie to touch up that portion. I have no idea if they got fix it for streaming or not.
In REmake do the zombies still turn into crimson heads if you don't kill them? I can't honestly remember
Only in Remake 1 they introduce Crimson head, right? Remake 2 don't have Crimson head.

Jinroh

Oct 28, 2017
Lausanne, Switzerland
Vendetta is the last one, right? With John Wick Leon?

It's one of the worst animated movie I've ever seen, it's everything that was terrible with re6 but put in a movie.

It reminds me of the latest starship trooper movie, it's similar and equally awful.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Finished RE4 on Professional for the first time. Always wanted the weapon you unlock for it. It's quite OP now that I'm using it lol.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
Vendetta is the last one, right? With John Wick Leon?

It's one of the worst animated movie I've ever seen, it's everything that was terrible with re6 but put in a movie.

It reminds me of the latest starship trooper movie, it's similar and equally awful.

Starship Troopers 2 is literally one of the worst things I've ever seen, the set looks look it was put together for a school play

kamineko

Linked the Fire
Oct 25, 2017
Accardi-by-the-Sea
Has anybody ever built a diorama with their RE.net points? Seems like such a random thing to do.

REV2 support is great on that site; I wish we'd get another title with Raid mode

Deleted member 1162

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i realized getting s+ rank on hardcoore is easier after getting infinite knife.

update: i got all the racoons and got the knife! going to try for an S+ rank with Claire A again.

Last edited:

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
I guess getting the infinite Knife is the easiest. Will probably try and do that so I can play around with the knife.

But I need to look up a good guide for the Mr racoons.

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Any good tips for RE2'2 Hardcore mode, specifically garunteeing dodges against zombies and keeping Mr X at bay?

There's no good way to guarantee a dodge against zombies, which ties into some of my main issues with the difficulty and design of the HC mode. The zombies have:
  • More resilience to everything. Headshots, limb shots, and stuns, as well as a general greater health pool.
  • A quick, rather wide degree range grab that'll nab anything within 4-5ft
  • General faster speed and erratic movement
  • The worst part, a double charging grab attack. Where normally you can run by and avoid the first grab, they follow up with a second wind charge that is instantaneous and will likely catch up to the player for a non-defensible bite to the backside. In other words, a mechanic thrown in to actively punish players for attempting to save sparse ammunition.
The best method is to just pop a few rounds to the leg for a stun and run by. If it's a heavily traversed area you can go for the limb removal, but between HC and the adaptive difficulty you're looking at easily 8-10 shots per limb with increasing resilience between each stagger/stun.

For Mr. X, just bait him to punch and juke around him. Flash and Hand grenades help slow him down as well. If he enters a room that he didn't see you enter, there's a good chance that by being still or walking out of sight that he'll move on.

Other HC tips:
  • Red/blue herb combos will help give resistance to soak up a hit if you need it in a pinch
  • Walk by the Lickers or toss a flash to give you time to move through the area if there's Z's in the room. It's just not worth it given how fast they are and their general hardiness.
  • Consider sacrificing knives as a way to soak up a hit and allow you to run by. You'll probably want one in reserve for boss fights so you don't waste Flash/hand grenades defensively where they have a lesser impact
  • The less time you linger, the better. While poking around and stocking up early on can help in later circumstances, you're more likely to be killed or lose health items the longer you spend maneuvering through the same groups.
  • There's 25+ ink ribbons laying about, so don't worry much about running out. Right before each boss fight, any insta-fail moments, or particular gauntlet stretches should work. If you're aiming for S+, before the second, third, and last boss fight should be okay. For Claire you may want to switch the last boss save to Sherry's segment, as that part can set you back to the start easily.
  • There's less hip pouches available, so keep in mind that you'll either be sacrificing items to carry or doing far more item box backtracking, depending on if you're valuing speed or preparation.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Best way to experience RE1(non-REmake)?

The PSN version seems to be the Dual Shock with the bad OST. Hunt down a copy of standard Director's Cut or is there another better option?

Oct 28, 2017
Thinking it all over and reflecting I've come to a conclusion. Don't kill me but.....I like RE7 more than RE2 Remake. It just has way higher highs. The opening is way stronger. The key moments hit harder and are more memorable, the boss fights are way better, the hard difficulty is way more enjoyable, the first person perspective brings something extra to the whole thing and honestly the story is stronger to me too.

I think RE2 has better classic interconnected level design and it's the more consistent game, but it's just missing something compared to RE7.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

The PSN version seems to be the Dual Shock with the bad OST. Hunt down a copy of standard Director's Cut or is there another better option?

If PSN a no-go then can either hunt down a physical PS1 copy or try the DS port. DS port has original version but also a new mode that uses DS features for stuff. No idea if it available digitally.

Deleted member 1162

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

i'd hunt down a copy of original directors cut bc it has both games, original and a harder mode which is fun and pretty challenging. the DS has kinda weird scaling but pretty fun but i enjoy the director's cut mode

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Something that really didn't occur to me before is that the name Resident Evil makes no sense in the context of the stories. Biohazard works much better.

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Something that really didn't occur to me before is that the name Resident Evil makes no sense in the context of the stories. Biohazard works much better.
It worked until it becomes this globe trotting adventure. There's aspects in 4 and 5, but that normal facade with the underlying machinations of individuals like Spencer and his company had been largely lost.

Both are great names though.

Fancy Clown

Oct 25, 2017
Thinking it all over and reflecting I've come to a conclusion. Don't kill me but.....I like RE7 more than RE2 Remake. It just has way higher highs. The opening is way stronger. The key moments hit harder and are more memorable, the boss fights are way better, the hard difficulty is way more enjoyable, the first person perspective brings something extra to the whole thing and honestly the story is stronger to me too.

I think RE2 has better classic interconnected level design and it's the more consistent game, but it's just missing something compared to RE7.

There are certainly aspects of 7 I prefer. It feels like a bolder and more confident presentation and definitely has some memorable peaks and better boss battles. I also prefer the isolated rural atmosphere of the Baker estate, but that's really down to preference.

But RE2 has a much stronger core gameplay loop reinforced by far more inventive level design and more varied enemy types that all interact with the other systems in more satisfying ways. And while the second half of this game isn't as good as the RPD stuff, it doesn't feel like a big step down the way the post-Baker estate sections in 7 do. And while the scenario system is disappointing from the angle of providing totally unique interlocking campaigns, it does add a lot more replayability if you view it as 4 slightly different variations of the same campaign you can choose to run through any time you revisit the game, whereas the only way to mix 7's campaign up is to play in Madhouse. As far as the openings of the games go, 7's is definitely more evocative and gripping with a super narrative hook, but I also appreciate 2's approach of just throwing you into the core game as fast as possible so there's less cinematic fluff in the way when you revisit the game.

Ideally Resident Evil 8, whatever it ends up being, takes the best of both of these games.

Sure it does, there's a residing evil in at the heart of all the stories. It doesn't just mean a literal residence of evil as in an evil house (though it works in that context for some of them too), but that evil lives in a place. In 2's case there is a resident evil that lurks under the streets of raccoon city, manifested in the form of Umbrella and their experiments. Biohazard is the more literally descriptive title, sure, and it has a certain punchiness, but I think Resident Evil has always been the more evocative title.

Last edited:

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
I'd never realised the 16:9 in REmake is just zoomed in, you're losing half the backgrounds

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
The remaster of Code Veronica is overly dark, especially at the start of the game, just in case you think there's something wrong with the settings lol