• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Var

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I read that somewhere so I am going to try playing the PS2 version on PS4.

Var

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Interesting. I own both versions already so I guess I will start with the PS2 version and if the washed out colors bother me switch over to the ps3.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
+1 to the remaster. The lighter is actually useful. Shame the PS4 version has a Platinum and the PS3 doesn't.

How About No

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Great Dairy State
I played RE Remastered with the randomizer mod last night (Item only, I will leave my Attack of the Land Sharks play through another time)

I scrounge through the entire map, the residence, the caves, and finally get the four death masks

I fight the Elder and look in the coffin

What do I get

A green herb

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Thanks! I think I am going to take a break from 3 and check out CV then.
One thing you'll be thrown off by at first is that you can't walk up or down stairs without pressing the action button unlike RE3. They also took out dismemberment. I can't remember why the former was, I think it was developed before RE3, but released at a later time? I can't remember, but it is an odd downgrade for the game that's meant to be the newer next-gen game.

Grahf

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't play RE2 but I inevitably stumbled upon lots of articles about it and... Can someone explain what's an "infinite knife" ?

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Best way to experience RE1(non-REmake)?

The PSN version seems to be the Dual Shock with the bad OST. Hunt down a copy of standard Director's Cut or is there another better option?
The version on the UK PSN contains the original OST. If you are willing to make an account for that region (unless you are already in the UK).

Oct 28, 2017
One thing you'll be thrown off by at first is that you can't walk up or down stairs without pressing the action button unlike RE3. They also took out dismemberment. I can't remember why the former was, I think it was developed before RE3, but released at a later time? I can't remember, but it is an odd downgrade for the game that's meant to be the newer next-gen game.
There's a lot of ways Code Veronica was a step down from RE3. I was really taken aback by it.

Deleted member 1162

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Getting better at Hardcore S+ runs with Claire A. so far i can do a run from the beginning and make through past Birkin first form with no damage and without saving. been using ps4 pro and knifing him. It's tricky bc the damage is counted by fps. i found a trick: i constantly look down at my toes while slashing to get a solid 60fps on the pro. I made it all the way back to Chief irons office but died at Mr. X's first appearance (damn... stupid death) and starting all over. i guess i need to save and stop being greedy.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think that's true. The remaster utilizes vertical panning, so you're seeing the full background, depending on where your character is standing.

It moves to account for the fact part of it is cut off, when you're just standing still or in a small room you lose a lot of the image

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
There's a lot of ways Code Veronica was a step down from RE3. I was really taken aback by it.
Back in 2000 when I got it on Dreamcast it was quite amazing. The massive graphical upgrade over the previous games, backgrounds are now real-time, characters actually have life-like faces and mouths that move, the amazing CGI opening and CGI cutscenes throughout. It was all pretty mind blowing back then. Now that time has past and the graphics aren't so impressive now, it doesn't really have anything going for it, besides my nostalgia for it.

Also, speaking of CV, I did a speedrun of it today to get the trophy for doing it under 4 hours. Not really the most fun one to speedrun, the Tyrant on the plane really screwed me over since I barely had any ammo. Managed to do it in around 3:30 hours or something, there's no pausing the timer I think so a bunch of that is me in the menus when doing something else. Really hate that.

GAMEPROFF

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
So, that letter you finde in the STARS Office...

They gonna definitly do a Chris/Barry game next, right? Would feel like a smart idea because as further you go on in the timeline, more broken becomes the universe. Also, its good that they have 6 years left until Resident Evil 4 happens, lots of room to fill to tell the actuall downfall of Umbrella and not that three second shit we got in 4

Deleted member 1162

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ah so close to getting Clarie A s+ rank, got to the lab at 1 hour 38 minutes, pretty much close to doing no damage run except i died a few stupid deaths.
the latest: edit: did the whole lab section and got the purple bracelet. i flamed a plant zombie but didn't wait till he fell over and he bit me while the fire animation was taking place.... ded.

have to start again at the sewer boss.

Manu

Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
So, that letter you finde in the STARS Office...

They gonna definitly do a Chris/Barry game next, right? Would feel like a smart idea because as further you go on in the timeline, more broken becomes the universe. Also, its good that they have 6 years left until Resident Evil 4 happens, lots of room to fill to tell the actuall downfall of Umbrella and not that three second shit we got in 4
https://residentevil.fandom.com/wiki/Umbrella's_End

Deleted member 1162

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
got to the birkin form 3 in the lab. s+ run and putting it on pause for a breather. finally got past the plant zombie without getting hit. i watched a youtube vid of a speedrun and copied it to get past it =)

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
Aqua ring music <3 Really love the atmosphere in that area

I've been using the AI backgrounds mod and as far as I can tell it works without any problems, looks a lot better

Oct 28, 2017
So I'm playing through RE5 at the moment. Confession time. I often call RE5 one of the best co-op games ever and have often put a fair amount of time in to it.....but I've never actually beaten RE5. It usually came down to oh I don't have anyone to play co-op with at the moment meh the single player is annoying so I'm not playing it.

But I'm determined to go through the whole game solo this time. Up to chapter 2-2. Honestly the game is very good. Plays pretty much like RE4 so it plays like a dream. Mechanically it's identical except you can stomp enemies on the ground and inventory is real time. It's super fun.

But man....Sheva can you just fuck off? Fine you can pick up that green herb. WHY DID YOU USE IT IMMEDIATELY OUR HEALTH IS FINE?! Stop wasting all our ammo stop getting in my way just stop stop stop. If you're playing with another person it all comes together as a wonderful co-op experience. But solo it's all such a hinderance.

Nevertheless all in all I'm having fun there's a quality game here. Oh how I wish we would have got an RE4 sequel designed purely for single player. Action RE is great and it's such a shame we never got a second single player action RE.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
I tend to just give Sheva the machine gun and keep everything else for myself, she's actually a bit better with the rifle but I like using that

JMTF

Aug 27, 2018
If the AI partner is set to Attack they will go ham with the heavy guns and only heal when one of you get to 400hp/orange health.
if the AI partner is set to Cover they will try to use the handgun as much as possible and heal at 500/600 hp/green health
It's the PS4/XONE version or the Steam one? PS4/XONE AI is somewhat better.

Oct 28, 2017
Does RE5 really not have a command to tell Sheva to stay where she is?! This boss is clearly designed so one player acts as decoy while the other attacks the weak point from behind, but all Sheva does is fucking follow me!

JMTF

Aug 27, 2018
No, you kind of need to keep going GO! WAIT GO WAIT, it's the bat? the enemies try to focus on the player, use the land mine and make the bat want to hit your toon. give sheva the sniper and the shotgun , she is better with these.

Deleted member 1162

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I'm playing through RE5 at the moment. Confession time. I often call RE5 one of the best co-op games ever and have often put a fair amount of time in to it.....but I've never actually beaten RE5. It usually came down to oh I don't have anyone to play co-op with at the moment meh the single player is annoying so I'm not playing it.

But I'm determined to go through the whole game solo this time. Up to chapter 2-2. Honestly the game is very good. Plays pretty much like RE4 so it plays like a dream. Mechanically it's identical except you can stomp enemies on the ground and inventory is real time. It's super fun.

But man....Sheva can you just fuck off? Fine you can pick up that green herb. WHY DID YOU USE IT IMMEDIATELY OUR HEALTH IS FINE?! Stop wasting all our ammo stop getting in my way just stop stop stop. If you're playing with another person it all comes together as a wonderful co-op experience. But solo it's all such a hinderance.

Nevertheless all in all I'm having fun there's a quality game here. Oh how I wish we would have got an RE4 sequel designed purely for single player. Action RE is great and it's such a shame we never got a second single player action RE.
this is silly but what i do with sheva is take her gun away. she can't use my ammo. or give her my crappy tmp weapon.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm playing ReRev2 right now, and I don't get why people are so down on it.

It feels like a nice bridge between classic and action RE.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

The AI doesn't use health items unless it'll heal between you like 85% of the heal's effect. They are never wasted and used when not needed.

Oct 28, 2017
The AI doesn't use health items unless it'll heal between you like 85% of the heal's effect. They are never wasted and used when not needed.
Sure that green herb healed what it was going to heal. Or......we could have waited until I had a red herb, combined it and waited until our health was in actual danger. I don't use health items when I'm not seriously hurt. It's a waste.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sure that green herb healed what it was going to heal. Or......we could have waited until I had a red herb, combined it and waited until our health was in actual danger. I don't use health items when I'm not seriously hurt. It's a waste.
Or you could of died before find a red herb. I bet if that happens you say "Why the AI not heal me it had a herb!"

Oct 28, 2017
Or you could of died before find a red herb. I bet if that happens you say "Why the AI not heal me it had a herb!"
I would not have died. My health was green. Use that herb when I'm actually hurt. When I'm actually in some sort of danger. She uses heals if you stub your toe.

I honestly can't believe someone is defending Sheva's AI. It's bad and I thought this was a commonly accepted fact even among the biggest fans of the game.

I mean that seems to be the reason RE6 completely took the management away from the AI.

Last edited:

Barrel Cannon

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The remaster of Code Veronica is overly dark, especially at the start of the game, just in case you think there's something wrong with the settings lol
That reminds me of RE2 on Dreamcast vs the other releases. DC looks so different. The atmosphere feels different due to the color scheme and higher res art but it's the easiest on the eyes for me.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I would not have died. My health was green. Use that herb when I'm actually hurt. When I'm actually in some sort of danger. She uses heals if you stub your toe.

I honestly can't believe someone is defending Sheva's AI. It's bad and I thought this was a commonly accepted fact even among the biggest fans of the game.

I mean that seems to be the reason RE6 completely took the management away from the AI.

It's a commonly accepted excuse to blame Sheva instead of the player. About the only time the AI cannot keep up is the Wesker-Jill fight on professional.

It beens 10 years of "She uses healing items too fast, she wastes them" or "She doesn't heal me" (complete opposites...), depending how a player died. Or the old nugget of "She keeps dying" when they just use her as a mule, usually only armed with an unupgraded starter handgun, while they run about with upgraded SMG, shotgun, magnum and sniper rifle.

kamineko

Linked the Fire
Oct 25, 2017
Accardi-by-the-Sea
^^seconded, sheva is fine except for the temple, which is a rough ride. I usually take away her pistol once there are some weapons to spread around, putting her in attack mode can be risky in some places

Oct 28, 2017
It's a commonly accepted excuse to blame Sheva instead of the player. About the only time the AI cannot keep up is the Wesker-Jill fight on professional.

It beens 10 years of "She uses healing items too fast, she wastes them" or "She doesn't heal me" (complete opposites...), depending how a player died. Or the old nugget of "She keeps dying" when they just use her as a mule, usually only armed with an unupgraded starter handgun, while they run about with upgraded SMG, shotgun, magnum and sniper rifle.
First of all I'd like to point out that so far the only time I've died is in the truck turret segment, a section that has nothing to do with the core gameplay anyway. So the whole you're just blaming the game because you died thing is horseshit. I have also said nothing about Sheva not healing me or dying herself. Those are things you are projecting for whatever reason. In fact I will say that she will always heal if she can and she is VERY capable of defending herself. Never has she been a liability in that way. What Sheva does do is use healing items when it's not necessary, and she does use up ammo you give her very quickly.

Oct 25, 2017
Who else read the shitty novels?
02e178816d0ade4959509d576287d3dc14b33a78_hq.jpg
All but Veronica

Deleted member 1162

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
turning back on my ps4 pro from rest/resume play mode and going to try beat birkin 3rd form and get that S+
if i die, got to start back in the sewers... i'm at exactly 2:01:57
5NuFOWGh.jpg