• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Normal

Oct 26, 2017
Beat Leon A, ended up getting a B. Going to start Claire B tomorrow and see how different it is from Leon's playthrough.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Well good thing I live in a PAL territory!
Which might be the first time anyone has been glad for that.

Didn't we still get 50hz versions of RE though? :p just to add to the conversation I think the EU PSN version is the US Directors Cut and not the Dual Shock. We got the US versions on our store for some reason, though it might only be 2 and 3 idk.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Beat Leon A, ended up getting a B. Going to start Claire B tomorrow and see how different it is from Leon's playthrough.

Overall I find Claire's arsenal to be much superior to Leon's so there's that to look forward to as well.

The bummer in Claire B is that you don't get to enjoy her handguns properly (like you do in Claire A).

Gradon

Oct 25, 2017
UK
The bummer in Claire B is that you don't get to enjoy her handguns properly (like you do in Claire A).

u g h. I'm doing Claire B now as my second scenario and I really hate the Colt pistol. Not being able to use the Samurai Edge (Wesker) like I was planning was a bummer.

This week boys.

New DLC

YAaaaasss

Bring it onnnnnnnn. I hope there's some surprises. We still don't know anything about it really.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
Claire B handgun is the best weapon in the game! I'm not sure I can choose whose arsenal I prefer... the silenced machine gun is amazing in this game, but the shotgun is the shotgun...

u g h. I'm doing Claire B now as my second scenario and I really hate the Colt pistol. Not being able to use the Samurai Edge (Wesker) like I was planning was a bummer.

What? Why?

And technically you can still get normal handgun bullets by mixing gunpowder. So you can use the Samurai Edge.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
Don't know why 0 has 5 control schemes but none the same as REmake, I keep changing character instead of opening the map..

Gradon

Oct 25, 2017
UK
And technically you can still get normal handgun bullets by mixing gunpowder. So you can use the Samurai Edge.

It just doesn't feel as satisfying to me as the Matilda or the Samurai Edge. And yeah, I know but with so many bullets in B for the Colt Pistol I don't see the point in making Handgun ammo when I can make Acid and Submachine gun rounds.

Don't know why 0 has 5 control schemes but none the same as REmake, I keep changing character instead of opening the map..

That was horribly inconsistent and annoying.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not a fan of the granade launcher. In a game where precision is so important it feels too messy.

Huh? Nothing messy about it and it's plenty precise, especially if you attached the accuracy upgrade.

The flame rounds own the lickers, usually it just one shots them (occasionally you may have to use a handgun bullet or two to finish it off). Also stuns the big meat looking thing in the sewer so you can just run past them and takes care of the plant guys. Also works great at stunning Birkin.

Someone also mentioned that you can fire an acid round on the ground under a bunch of zombies and take out their legs (which I have yet to try).

All the shotgun was good for I found is one shoting normal zombies. It especially stinks against Lickers.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Even though they found in same place I think the shotgun is not to be compared to the grenade launcher, but instead the machine gun. The GL instead comparable to the Magnum, like the original game.

Speaking of, where my bow gun at? That would have been great, pinning zombies to walls, or through the leg and pinning them in spot.

Normal

Oct 26, 2017
I don't know man. Claire's default weapon is pretty shit or they beefed up the zombies health in the second playthrough. Im shooting them multiple times in the head and they still get back up. I did get the grenade launcher, but I haven't used it. Going to save that for when I get cornered... Only have 4 rounds for it anyway.

Dark_Chris

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Czech republic
DzGQU-oXcAIcNXx.jpg:large

hey Ada in RE2 sure looks nice :p

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
So this brazilian site did an interview with RE3's director Kazuhiro Aoyama. For anyone who wants to take a look:

http://www.residentevildatabase.com...-resident-evil-3-com-kazuhiro-aoyama/#english

He talks about the origin of RE3 as a spin off, Nemesis design, Jill's clothes, easter eggs and other stuff.

Among these concepts, there was an amoeba-style enemy that would be able to break these barriers, invading the mansions though the holes. That was the initial concept for Nemesis.

Would never have guessed.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Even though they found in same place I think the shotgun is not to be compared to the grenade launcher, but instead the machine gun. The GL instead comparable to the Magnum, like the original game.

Speaking of, where my bow gun at? That would have been great, pinning zombies to walls, or through the leg and pinning them in spot.

Except Claire does have her own Magnum in the form of her power bullets upgrade attachment for her default handgun.

As for the bowgun, it's too busy kicking ass in The Evil Within 1 and 2 :p

I don't know man. Claire's default weapon is pretty shit or they beefed up the zombies health in the second playthrough. Im shooting them multiple times in the head and they still get back up. I did get the grenade launcher, but I haven't used it. Going to save that for when I get cornered... Only have 4 rounds for it anyway.

Yeah it does feel wonky. Usually I start slashing away with the knife once the zombie hits the ground.

Just make sure to focus your shots as much as possible. Focused shots do 50% more damage iirc.

Also try your best not to empty out the barrel before reloading, it takes forever to reload all 6 bullets on this gun. The less bullets you reload the faster the animation.

Oh and if you just want to get past a zombie then one shot in the knee will stun them enough to let you run by.

As for the grenade launcher, you can make acid rounds with gunpowder that you find so you don't have to be super stingy with it. The flame rounds I save for Lickers (if I can't walk by one for some reason), plant guys and the meat blobs in the sewers. But really, it's an excellent weapon in general. Owns Leon's shotgun and flame thrower combined and then some.

Gradon

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I finished Claire B. My god I'm on such a high, I think I preferred Claire's campaign overall. I adored the remake so much. I'm sad it's over.

Grisby

Oct 29, 2017

Normal

Oct 26, 2017
Just got to the sewers (Claire B), so there are multiple Mr.X? I don't see how this dude is still alive after getting his shit kicked in by Birkin. It would also explain how he keeps on appearing right next to me despite walking at a speed of a grandpa lol.

Last edited:

GAMEPROFF

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Just got to the sewers (Claire B), so there are multiple Mr.X? I don't see how this dude is still alive after getting his shit kicked in by Birkin. It would also explain how he keeps on appearing right next to me despite walking at a speed of a grandpa lol.
He is regenerating.
But yes, the game itself has at least two Mr. X, but its just the mechanic.

MonsterJail

Self requested temp ban
Banned
Feb 27, 2018
Finally finished Resident Evil 1 (HD version), started so many times over the years (usually losing interest after forgetting which keys unlock which doors, or the PS1 disc getting damaged)

Did a Jill run (during which I marked a mansion map with important item and door locations), which was fun enough, but doing a harder difficulty Chris run after was pretty satisfying now that I knew the layout pretty well (which helped offset the tiny inventory a bit)

Managing Crimsonheads was a fun diversion (especially when trying to plan a route from newly found key, to fuel can, then back to room where 3 of them will appear if you don't burn them quickly enough), shame they never really brought them back AFAIK

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
Managing Crimsonheads was a fun diversion (especially when trying to plan a route from newly found key, to fuel can, then back to room where 3 of them will appear if you don't burn them quickly enough), shame they never really brought them back AFAIK
They should've brought them back for REmake 2.

Imagine the idea that not only do the zombies take so many shots to put down, but they also turn into fast zombies and chase you around if you actually do kill them? Good lord.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
Oct 28, 2017
So I'm giving hardcore another chance. So on hardcore I've found the better strategy is to just pump bullets in to a knee to disable zombies. I'm having a less frustrating time now.

Gradon

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I beat the 4th Survivor. Holy hell, last night I was convinced it was almost impossible and I actually did it tonight lol. I'm so shook, I was shaking with my heart pounding lol.

Var

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I beat the 4th Survivor. Holy hell, last night I was convinced it was almost impossible and I actually did it tonight lol. I'm so shook, I was shaking with my heart pounding lol.

That's exactly how I felt. I was in the red when I hobbled to the gate and then I just sat there for like five minutes calming down lol.

Gradon

Oct 25, 2017
UK
That's exactly how I felt. I was in the red when I hobbled to the gate and then I just sat there for like five minutes calming down lol.

I could fucking hear Mr. X following me when I got grabbed in the B scenario tunnel. I screamed until I got to the end lol.

I attempted Tofu. Attempted being the key word.

Can't wait for the DLC ahhhh.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Has anyone tried playing hud less? It makes aiming rather difficult but I do like the clean hud.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Finished Claire B, that ending was definitely satisfying.

The final final boss was errr... something that people would be whining about in RE5/RE6 -_-

It worked out great in the sense that Claire shouted something to the effect of having plenty of ammo to spare while shooting at it, which made me grin and agree aloud since I was armed to the teeth with ammo and health items lol. Still had all the gunpowder found during the run sitting in the item chest too.

We need a new RE starring older Leon, Claire and Sherry so bad.

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
An interview/podcast with Leon's new VA. He's a massive Rezi nerd (Capcom in general, oldest game he's played is Megaman on the NES when he was seven) dude seems super chill in general. Really nice and humble guy

Zambatoh

Oct 29, 2017
Finished Claire B, that ending was definitely satisfying.

The final final boss was errr... something that people would be whining about in RE5/RE6 -_-

It worked out great in the sense that Claire shouted something to the effect of having plenty of ammo to spare while shooting at it, which made me grin and agree aloud since I was armed to the teeth with ammo and health items lol. Still had all the gunpowder found during the run sitting in the item chest too.

We need a new RE starring older Leon, Claire and Sherry so bad.

I think that just goes to show that the later games are not all that different from RE2 and RE3. By horror standards, RE has always been pretty action heavy compared to the likes of Alone in the Dark and Clock Tower. Even the first game, despite being more Adventure-oriented, gave you plenty of enemies to shoot, explode, or decapitate.

Granted, the later games were more linear in their design as opposed to the older Metroidvania style of level design, which I believe has always been the biggest divider among fans of the series.

Last edited:

GAMEPROFF

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I think that just goes to show that the later games are not all that different from RE2 and RE3. By horror standards, RE has always been pretty action heavy compared to the likes of Alone in the Dark and Clock Tower. Even the first game, despite being more Adventure-oriented, gave you plenty of enemies to shoot, explode, or decapitate.

Granted, the later games were more linear in their design as opposed to the older Metroidvania style of level design, which I believe has always been the biggest divider among fans of the series.
There is a small difference between there beeing plenty enemies to shot and beeing a constantly actionfest without any horroratmosphere.
The original games tried to emulate their horror from the perspectives and that you had to manage your ammunition and that you sometimes had to run past by some enemies to save ammo. In 5 and 6 you enter a room, kill everything and move on, while shit goes down like in a Call of Duty game.
Also I dont see any proof that the original games arent that different when the Remake of one of those three games has one boss that is like something from two games that released before said remake.

Gradon

Oct 25, 2017
UK

Man, I had no bullets. Nothing. I used them all on the previous fight. Luckily that fight gives you two large Gunpowders so they kinda prepped for this situation lol.

This vid made me feel better today. Plus, this guy's remix of the save room for zero is awesome.

I love everything about this