• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gave Leon's RE6 campaign another playthrough after finishing up Jake/Sherry, so fun.

The animation on Simmons' various forms is bonkers.

Last edited:

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
Damn you Mr X. plus the lickers in closed spaces on hardcore...

So for RE2 Remake, I've done Claire A and Leon B. Which means I've now beaten REmake, RE2 REmake, 4 and 7. RE 2 and 7 have been my absolute favorites of the series. I really enjoyed 4 but going back to it yesterday, I struggled with the controls way more than I did 3 years ago and honestly got a little motion sickness for some reason.

So I guess I'm wondering, are 5 and 6 worth playing? Or should I just jump into the two Revelation titles?
You should definitely give a shot to 3 and 5 (favorites of mine lol). 6 has great mechanics but it felt kinda overwhelming for me at least...
Revelations are good titles too.

Grisby

Oct 29, 2017
Gave Leon's RE6 campaign another playthrough after finishing up Jake/Sherry, so fun.

The animation on Simmons' various forms is bonkers.
The T-rex deal was impressive yeah.
I think I've seen this image before but only now I realize all the stuff she is carrying is actually from the game! Only that yellow thing is unknown to me, is that a Tamagotchi?!
Ha! I never noticed that until now.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i think i'm going to boot up resident evil 6 again. only did Leon and Chris' stories, i should finish the rest.

Enjoy! This combat system is a joy to play.

What I should be doing is finishing up Valkyria Chronicles 4, but instead I'm sitting here trying to decide if I should play RE2R on hardcore or do another playthrough of Ada's campaign in RE6 lol.

Ada's RE6 design is so striking.

Last edited:

Deleted member 1162

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Enjoy! This combat system is a joy to play.

What I should be doing is finishing up Valkyria Chronicles 4, but instead I'm sitting here trying to decide if I should play RE2R on hardcore or do another playthrough of Ada's campaign in RE6 lol.

Ada's RE6 design is so striking.
i can't remember if I did Ada's campaign. I think I did. I think the one I'm missing is Wesker's son and sherry.
About to start Nemesis.
ooo nice =)

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i can't remember if I did Ada's campaign. I think I did. I think the one I'm missing is Wesker's son and sherry.

Sherry is so good in this game.

Both are fun but if you would like a more action focused side of things then you may want to go with Jake. He also has a separate (equippable) melee fighting style that lets him melee without using stamina (very cool, with a great long distance homing attack).

Sherry on the other hand has a stun rod which is great in its own way.

Last edited:

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
About to start Nemesis.

9jathmlh6u121.jpg

GAMEPROFF

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
yeah^^
This is my last classic Resident Evil game that I havent played. This is... my last escape.

Liked it so far, its a bit to a action Resi, the game threw really a lot of ammunition at me, but I like how flexible Jill moves. Havent figured out the perfect way to dodge enemies yet, and have to restart tomorrow since I fucked up because I backtracked at some point and lost as good as all ammunition that way, but I like it.
tbh, after Mr. X I am a bit "afraid" of Nemesis because he seems to be able to take a fuckton of ammunition, but lets see how that game goes.

Daigoro

Oct 28, 2017
can someone point me to the RE2 OT?

having a hell of a time finding it through search on this forum. thanks.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
Can't wait to start the original RE2 soon, followed by RE3 and Code Veronica. It took me long enough, but after being an action RE fan for many years, it's clear I was missing out on so much. The past months I've spent playing survival horror RE with REmake 1, 2, and RE7 have been amazing. I also beat RE0... but I'd rather not talk about it.
can someone point me to the RE2 OT?

having a hell of a time finding it through search on this forum. thanks.
Sure, here ya go

yungronny

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Playing RE6 online for the first time and it's actually some good dumb fun.

So the only thing to unlock are costumes right? Also if anyone wants to play on PS4 I'd love to have more people to play with. PSN: DAWGPARTY.

Oct 28, 2017
yeah^^
This is my last classic Resident Evil game that I havent played. This is... my last escape.

Liked it so far, its a bit to a action Resi, the game threw really a lot of ammunition at me, but I like how flexible Jill moves. Havent figured out the perfect way to dodge enemies yet, and have to restart tomorrow since I fucked up because I backtracked at some point and lost as good as all ammunition that way, but I like it.
tbh, after Mr. X I am a bit "afraid" of Nemesis because he seems to be able to take a fuckton of ammunition, but lets see how that game goes.
Personally I never bothered fighting the Nemesis. I just ran. The rewards for beating him didn't seem to outweigh the resources used in a fight or the risk. And you get a few free items from him from making the right scene choices anyway.

Golnei

Oct 25, 2017
He just looks goofy there, in fact he always did in the game. I'd want them to pretty much completely redesign him honestly

Aside from the fact that the edit (and comment) was a joke, I feel like they probably shouldn't be trying to make Nemesis entirely 'serious', given his nature as an edgy dark age of comics update of the previous game's Terminator knockoff.

Mr. X has been extremely well received almost because of them adding details like the hat etc. which in a vacuum are comical, but don't detract from his overall image or effectiveness as an intimidating pursuing force.

An update like the remake's forms 1-3 of Birkin would be appropriate - retaining the general 'shape' of the stylised original, but adding much more in the way of gory detail, making adjustments like the shape of the flesh torn from his face and making the staples on his head less cartoonish. As hilarious as they are, they probably should just go with regular gloves instead of fingerless ones too.

tumblr_pmwfpbEWMl1r2l6qjo3_1280.png

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
0 is pissing me off more than usual this time through, I spent ages moving all my items from the main hall to the church after you leave the facility, but I completely forgot that after the lab you end up back at the start of facility again and now my items are all miles away. I can't believe they play tested this game at the time without realising how badly designed the item system was

And bat boss is the worst thing this series has ever created, worse than anything in 6

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
What's weird about it? It was one of the better quality CGI on PS1 and notable steps up from RE2 models.

Her face looks weird man.

It's fine in the promotional renders

jill-valentine.png

and in the static images they also use during the game

images

but during actual CG cutscenes it just looks off

HDPVR2_20160321_0921.mp4_snapshot_18.39_2016.03.23_11.38.10.jpg

This has always bothered me with this game lol.

My reaction every time I revisit the game:

entrevista-re3-aoyama-jill-explosion-06.jpg

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
If they want to make Nemesis more scary in RE3 Remake, this is how they do it.

The important thing is for him to be happy.

Aside from the fact that the edit (and comment) was a joke, I feel like they probably shouldn't be trying to make Nemesis entirely 'serious', given his nature as an edgy dark age of comics update of the previous game's Terminator knockoff.

Mr. X has been extremely well received almost because of them adding details like the hat etc. which in a vacuum are comical, but don't detract from his overall image or effectiveness as an intimidating pursuing force.

An update like the remake's forms 1-3 of Birkin would be appropriate - retaining the general 'shape' of the stylised original, but adding much more in the way of gory detail, making adjustments like the shape of the flesh torn from his face and making the staples on his head less cartoonish. As hilarious as they are, they probably should just go with regular gloves instead of fingerless ones too.

tumblr_pmwfpbEWMl1r2l6qjo3_1280.png

I don't like this design because Nemesis looks sickly with his flesh almost falling apart. It looks more like a supernatural monster than a BOW. I believe Nemesis' design in RE3 to be outstanding and, maybe more important than that, iconic. So the more similar to the original the better.

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
This makes me wonder, how do you envision a Dino Crisis remake/reboot? The first one was in many ways more survivor horror than the original RE itself. But you clearly likes the more action oriente RE games.

So should Regina be kicking raptors in the face?

If they revealed Dino Crisis with Regina suplexing a raptor, you wouldn't see me complaining.
As a whole though, I just want DC to come back and not be stuck in RE's shadow. As cool as "RE2make but with Dinosaurs would be", the IP will never gain its own identity doing that. Which is why we ended up with Dino Crisis 3 in the first place.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
Don't know how dinos would even work in a game like RE2r, it would be like every enemy is a licker, and actually fighting them honestly kind of sucked

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
I just want RE3 and CV to get the same treatment. RE3 is definitely happening, CV doesn't have a chance but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Oct 28, 2017
I just want RE3 and CV to get the same treatment. RE3 is definitely happening, CV doesn't have a chance but it doesn't hurt to ask.
Code Veronica doesn't deserve a remake. Nothing about the gameplay or design is worth salvaging, and the story cutscenes are already so damn perfect in that so bad it's good way that they could only disappoint with a remake.

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
Code Veronica doesn't deserve a remake. Nothing about the gameplay or design is worth salvaging, and the story cutscenes are already so damn perfect in that so bad it's good way that they could only disappoint with a remake.

I like the game a lot and a remake would be an excellent opportunity to fix its issues. Saying that it isn't salvageable is weird considering that a remake would allow them to change whatever they want. It's not like it would play like the original.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
You get Magnum parts for fighting him; I love that weapon

I think you might have made a small mistake. You get STI Eagle and M37 Shotgun parts from fighting his.

Anyway, I made an entire thread about Nemesis being the best stalker enemy in gaming and the main reason is in the background here. He works just as well when you are fighting him but also when you are running away. It's not one or the other with him, it's both.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cleared Hardcore Claire A.

Overall it didn't feel all that different from Standard, still ended up swimming in ammo/healing items and not using any gunpowder. The reduced inventory space was a non-issue (Standard just has too much). And I still suck at using the Spark lol.

The coolest thing that happened was that I was in a room in the lab and there was a zombie lady, I fired Claire's powered bullet at her head and heard a double splurge. When she fell there was a zombie who was 3 or so meters behind her who fell right after. The single bullet took both their heads off.

For G4 I made sure to not use any grenades I found during the playthrough hehe, got in that fight with 9 of them and it was over in no time. 6 grenades later (and a few gaitling gun shots when he was far away) and he was crawling on the floor.

Last edited:

InspectorJones

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Both sets of my Resident Evil keys arrived today!

JMbe5V6.jpg

I am planning on meeting with a more talented friend to create some kind of display for them.