• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Gunslinger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Both sets of my Resident Evil keys arrived today!

JMbe5V6.jpg

I am planning on meeting with a more talented friend to create some kind of display for them.
Wow pretty awesome man! Now change all the doors in your house and put locks based on these keys lol.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
I've decided to play through PS1 RE2 for the first time (I'm doing Claire's story first), and I just want a few pointers, because I always screw up on classic RE.

I currently have enough ammo to start an arms dealer business once Claire escapes the Police Station. Am I good to burn through this now to clear out main routes that I'll be taking frequently? I'm used to RE1, and having like 8 bullets on me at a time, not 90+.

In terms of progress and items, I've just picked up the bowgun past the burnt helicopter, which I've extinguished, and I've not explored the library with the book cases with the switches on them, the sort of office with all the zombies and the blue double doors, and the corridor that is absolutely full of zombies. What items should I put away for now? In terms of important items, I have flame grenades, a lighter (are Crimson Heads in this?), a red jewel, a square crank, and the valve handle. Should I put any of these away for the time being?

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
You can run out of ammo when you first enter the RPD but after that I'd say it's the easiest game the series, you can comfortably kill every enemy and have loads of ammo to spare

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
^ yeah, I should do that. Thanks. I just get worried and think I should have everything on me at all times.

You can run out of ammo when you first enter the RPD but after that I'd say it's the easiest game the series, you can comfortably kill every enemy and have loads of ammo to spare

Right, OK. I've been avoiding as many things as I can for the time being, and I've left ones like the 4 in that big open area down the stairs which leads to the building that had the bowgun, because I can get past those easy enough.

Fancy Clown

Oct 25, 2017
RE2 is one of the easiest RE games, and a lot more linear than it seems, so I wouldn't worry too much. Any stress you're feeling about supplies and where to go is an engineered product of the game; enjoy the tension and just go with the flow.

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah RE2 is pretty much babbies first Resident Evil. Honestly there is no easier RE than RE2. And that includes the action games. You'll probably make the game harder than it is by thinking too much and never using your massive arsenal.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've decided to play through PS1 RE2 for the first time (I'm doing Claire's story first), and I just want a few pointers, because I always screw up on classic RE.

I currently have enough ammo to start an arms dealer business once Claire escapes the Police Station. Am I good to burn through this now to clear out main routes that I'll be taking frequently? I'm used to RE1, and having like 8 bullets on me at a time, not 90+.

In terms of progress and items, I've just picked up the bowgun past the burnt helicopter, which I've extinguished, and I've not explored the library with the book cases with the switches on them, the sort of office with all the zombies and the blue double doors, and the corridor that is absolutely full of zombies. What items should I put away for now? In terms of important items, I have flame grenades, a lighter (are Crimson Heads in this?), a red jewel, a square crank, and the valve handle. Should I put any of these away for the time being?
RE2 has the worst enemy to ammo balance in the series (in favour of way too much ammo).

You can safely kill everything you see.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The same can be said for RE2R when it comes to ammo, you get a TON of it.

You can easily kill most enemies in the game without resorting to gunpowder (both on Standard and Hardcore).

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
So I went on a trip recently and took my 3DS. My game of choice was The Mercenaries 3D. Still a fun game, and I'd like a sequel. Also I want RE4 Switch already so I can get my portable Mercenaries fill on a better looking screen.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I don't understand why we don't have a mega super ultra Mercenaries turbo edition featuring everyone and everywhere in the RE universe ever. >:( been waiting since RE5.

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
It's the same question I've had since a couple of years ago... why doesn't Capcom make a new mercenaries game on consoles, it would be quite entertaining.

Just cleared Leon's B hardcore!! Now going through some more trophies to get the platinum.

Deleted member 11008

User requested account closure
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I played RE5 for the first time yesterday. Well, it was just Mercenaries, but I wanted to "feel" the gameplay. It's not bad, but honestly RE2 remake has spoil me a lot lol I will play the game this weekend, so I will have to endure the tank-like movement.

By the way, the Revelation games still have that kind of gameplay? Or they are closer to RE2 remake.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Mercenaries 3D is great, and a game I still bust out on 3DS to this day.

Speaking of portable RE, I'm thinking about getting a copy of Deadly Silence on DS. I played it a while back not too long after it launched, but lost my copy (and I think, I only ever played the classic mode) RE2 has me starving for more classic RE, and I remembered that Deadly Silence has the neat Rebirth mode that I never tried out.

Deleted member 11008

User requested account closure
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Mercenaries 3D is great, and a game I still bust out on 3DS to this day.

Speaking of portable RE, I'm thinking about getting a copy of Deadly Silence on DS. I played it a while back not too long after it launched, but lost my copy (and I think, I only ever played the classic mode) RE2 has me starving for more classic RE, and I remembered that Deadly Silence has the neat Rebirth mode that I never tried out.

Deadly Silence has the original music too?

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I played RE5 for the first time yesterday. Well, it was just Mercenaries, but I wanted to "feel" the gameplay. It's not bad, but honestly RE2 remake has spoil me a lot lol I will play the game this weekend, so I will have to endure the tank-like movement.

By the way, the Revelation games still have that kind of gameplay? Or they are closer to RE2 remake.

Some of the RE5 control schemes allow the ability to walk/strafe sideways, which helps.

Rev1 uses the tank controls+strafe system too. Rev2 gives more movement with the ability to strafe while moving forward.

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Been working on getting the REmake plat. Only trophies left are the invisible enemies one and to do a whole playthrough without saving once... Basically the 2 I dread the most lol. Gonna try to do them together. Surely nothing will go wrong. I've really enjoyed my time with it, though I'll probably take a breather and let my heart settle before tackling another game in the series.

Also I see now that Jill was apparently meant to be the first playthrough. Life was much kinder to her than Chris in this game. Jill can play piano, has her own fancy lockpick, gets 8 item slots and Barry saving her ass around every corner while Chris has to scrounge for keys, gets 6 item slots and... is stalked by Rebecca the unexplained cowgirl/Moonlight Sonata stan. RIP.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK

oof.

He's not wrong.

Shed a tear for our longest reigning voice actress' Sally Cahill and Alyson Court.

Been working on getting the REmake plat. Only trophies left are the invisible enemies one and to do a whole playthrough without saving once... Basically the 2 I dread the most lol. Gonna try to do them together. Surely nothing will go wrong. I've really enjoyed my time with it, though I'll probably take a breather and let my heart settle before tackling another game in the series.

I doubled up on Invisible Enemy mode / Knife Only, it's not too bad if you can remember enemy positions. I've got Real Survivor, Hard Mode, No Save, 3 Hours and collect everything left. I hate Real Survivor and I really can't be bothered lmao. I'll get round to it one day.

EDIT:

52547514_10218554547918400_1001130647332323328_n.jpg

Iconic.

Last edited:

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I doubled up on Invisible Enemy mode / Knife Only, it's not too bad if you can remember enemy positions. I've got Real Survivor, Hard Mode, No Save, 3 Hours and collect everything left. I hate Real Survivor and I really can't be bothered lmao. I'll get round to it one day.

Yeah I did it. Really wasn't bad at all, especially since it was on very easy and I had just done a speedrun so I knew the place like the back of my hand. Lisa made me nervous but the only time I really almost had a heart attack was when I had to clear the chimera down in the lab and one picked Jill up by her head and had her hanging from the fucking ceiling. Didn't even know they could do that, thought it was gonna be a OHKO at first. Defensive weapons are truly a blessing.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
I rarely 100% games, I only do it with games that I find special.

Only two games in my catalogue which I have 100%.

Dark Souls 1 for PS3 and the newest God of War, twice even. Normal and NG+.

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
Now I've realised that the only main game in the franchise tha I have yet to clear is 0.
Will have to try and give it a chance...

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
The factory and water treatment plant are rubbish locations for the end of the game as well

Var

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Now I've realised that the only main game in the franchise tha I have yet to clear is 0.
Will have to try and give it a chance...

I don't think it is as bad as people make it out to be. The story isn't great but I enjoyed the gameplay. The item swapping gives it a really unique feel as well.

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
I don't think it is as bad as people make it out to be. The story isn't great but I enjoyed the gameplay. The item swapping gives it a really unique feel as well.
I've heard both good and bad things about the game but I should give it a shot myself. I really hope that the item management doesn't get too tedious...

A reworked mercenaries with complete roster on consoles with online is a no brainier but Capcom has yet to do it. I wonder why?
I've asked the same thing so many times... don't understand how they greenlit a project like Umbrella Corps but not a Mercenaries game for consoles.