• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Proc

Oct 25, 2017
Built a new pc and of course I had to double dip on RE2. I did Leon A and Claire B on PS4 and I'm going to do the reverse on pc. Everything plays a bit snappier and the aiming is much easier for me. It's a beautiful game regardless of platform. What a treat to go through this game again with mouse and keyboard.

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
Finally beat Resident Evil Revelations. Started back in 2016 (on PC), and I got atleast halfway through, but stopped. Played it sporadically here and there, but after REmake 2 I decided it was time to go beat REs I had left lingering. I might appreciate it more after REmake 2, actually. You can see the DNA that would lead to 7 and REmake 2. I decided to play Kb/M and that also made a difference. Also really enjoy Raid Mode. Might get the Revelations on Switch next sale.

So I'm on Revelation 2 now, and it's kind of rough at start. It doesn't look like a RE game (although once again DNA that's in RE7). It seems like someone played the first Revelations and then kind of took that system into this game. And the "puzzles" are weak but also weirdly hidden in an action context. I died a lot in Claire's episode 1 because I didn't get what to do after placing the cog in the gears (i'll probably replay her part now that I get it). I like Moira, she's as if a modern teenager did one of those reaction videos, but I get why others don't. I also like that they shifted the scanner ability to a flashlight and second player. It's a little much to handle at first, but I like the 2 characters. I'd have no problem playing Moira in Co-Op.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
All Zero needs is a patch that adds in item boxes.

Needs some better enemies and not T-Virus bugs and animals.

I'd just say do the entire thing over. Have Rebecca actually go to the mansion and explore more of the outside forrest. Remove the 2nd character entirely or at least the resource management. I wonder what's RE0 was going to be like when it was suppose to release on the N64.

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
how badly am i screwed? playing resident evil 7 and i'm at the jack chainsaw fight and i have no shotgun and only like 5 bullets. if i back out through the incinerator room i'll likely get killed by those monsters.

Deleted member 11008

User requested account closure
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
God Resident Evil 5 is so dumb. I reached to a boss (which is a bat) and its design is a bit lame. Still a fun game, I like you can knife almost everything. It will be so fun when I max the weapons.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018

Residence of Evil Interview with Nick Apostolides (Leon S Kennedy). Around an hour long. I haven't fully heard it yet.

Edit: Voice actor not face.

KDash

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
I got the Resident Evil 2 and 3 novelizations for 99 cents each yesterday when I was out with my family at Goodwill.

5HPLGKJ.jpg

Deleted member 25870

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Looks like Gillian Anderson as Jill
I always got Scully vibes from the CG cutscene model and voice actor in Nemesis. It kind of fit as X-files was probably at the height of its popularity. Though the character redesign was a big departure from Jill's appearance in the first game. Even more odd that they returned to her original "look" in the REmake. I always felt that Voth was chosen because she kind of looks like Inezh.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You know what I want to see the series do again? Have live action character introductions. That shit was so good in RE1.

It works there because all characters are good (as far as we meant to know) and meant to be without mystery, plus they the only characters in the game who not found dead or dying.

It wouldn't really work for other games where you meet characters who are mysterious or we don't know their motivations. Or surprise appearances.

SneerfulOwl

Nov 4, 2017
I'm playing RE2 remake for the first time on hardcore mode and I think this is the only proper way to play the game. Zombies are kicking my ass only after 2-3 grabs. Really challenging.

Deleted member 1162

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yep, it's from the first one: Lost in Nightmare. The thing is that the first time you can only play as Chris, so you will ask Jill to play the piano and will just wait. After the first playthrough you can play as Jill and then you play the piano like the video.
oh! i need to boot up my ps3, and try that.

(i paid for the dlc on 360 but it's long been gone.) i just remember the Wesker fight.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
Its a new (or was back then) and original game, starring Jill. Comparing this with REmake is a bit silly.
I get you, but people are upset that, canonically and timeline-wise, the last we saw of Jill was her being freed of Wesker's control. Revelations 2 confirms that she spent time recovering after the events of RE5, but beyond that, we have little idea of what she's been up to... and it's been a decade.

Deleted member 11008

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
20160731190325_1.jpg

I don't like the game start throwing you to vehicle sections, but I have to recognize Chris looks so funny during this chapter lol

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I get you, but people are upset that, canonically and timeline-wise, the last we saw of Jill was her being freed of Wesker's control. Revelations 2 confirms that she spent time recovering after the events of RE5, but beyond that, we have little idea of what she's been up to... and it's been a decade.
If they keep doing the game release year = our year for main series games (which I hate that they started doing btw) and a game starring Jill released today, she'd be 44.

I wonder how old they gonna let these characters get.

Oct 27, 2017
SoCal
If they keep doing the game release year = our year for main series games (which I hate that they started doing btw) and a game starring Jill released today, she'd be 44.

I wonder how old they gonna let these characters get.
Barry was past 50 in REV2, so I wouldn't be surprised to see some of the other characters still kicking ass as they age. Jill in particular could justify it due to her past exposures to the T-Virus and whatever craziness happened in RE5. Though they do seem to be preparing some new younger characters as well, with Moira, Natalia, Jake, and Sherry (RIP Piers). It'll be cool to see the old guard eventually step back and take an advisor role, though that doesn't have to happen for a little while still.

And that's not even taking into account flashback-type games like the Revelations series letting us revisit classic characters in their youth.