• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
SoCal
I took a look at this week's challenges for RE2. The 4th Survivor challenge seems trivial (kill 40 enemies, Flan is allowed). Item Aversion, I'm not so sure. My most recent runthrough for no item boxes still ended up with like 180 items pilfered, so it's not nothing. One nice thing is you can do it on Standard, so you don't have to worry about ink ribbons. However, I am curious as to what exactly counts as a pickup. Do items that are given to you from other characters count (the knife from Marvin, the Security band from Ada/Sherry)? Does picking up the same item multiple times count (moving around the chess pieces, modifying the weed killer)? I'll have to check these things before starting my run.

If anyone's already found out the answers to these questions, I'd love to hear it! Otherwise I'll try to post my findings later.

EDIT: This is the wrong thread, but still RE-related so I guess I'll leave it?

Last edited:

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
I miss the popular outfit threads. It's a shame the user stopped posting them after the Becky thread.

All bets are off with Resident Evil 3 being developed outside Capcom. I'm not sure it will even use the RE Engine, which would be disastrous.
Wait! What? Capcom isn't handling the RE3 REmake? :(

RE3 Remake will not be first person. I loved RE7 and will riot if RE8 is not first person, but RE3 has to be third person. We need to be able to see Jill's tube top miniskirt outfit in all its HD glory at all times.
I just want a proper RE3 remake. FPS is too much of a departure from the original. :/

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
RE3make won't be FPS, I just can't see it happening.
I can see it being more action focused than RE2make though.

I'm hoping it has more actual puzzles, R2make puzzles suck badly (like the original lol), RE3 has the best in the series so I hope they can recreate that.

After R2make I'm have doubts though. People are praising puzzles in it that aren't actually puzzles and are fetch quests, like pretty much anything that is a code or pattern. You don't solve any of these, you go and get the answer and come back. No puzzle solving involved, it basically a lock with a key.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
It came from Dusk Golem who many people here say knows this kind of stuff, so it's not any rumor.
I'm aware that Dusk is quite the horror aficionado around these parts, but has he generally had a pretty solid track record with the information he shares? Not trying to imply he doesn't, I just genuinely don't know.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
Oh well I can already see RE3 remake reveal thread full of misinformed hot takes.

For a second I actually thought such a threat existed. Anyway, assuming it's true RE3 is being developed outside Capcom, then how R3make is revealed will be very important, and of course who is developing it.

I'm aware that Dusk is quite the horror aficionado around these parts, but has he generally had a pretty solid track record with the information he shares? Not trying to imply he doesn't, I just genuinely don't know.

As far as I can tell yes.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK

Dusk leaked the Not a Hero release date, some information for it, End of Zoe name and release date before it was revealed to the public. He's also revealed information regarding RE2 through the years and his incorrect remarks such as fixed camera angles being in RE2make can be explained by game dev changing (which was confirmed in a RE2make round table dev video).

Generally, he's been on the mark, the reason so many people believe RE3make is happening is because Dusk said it was already in development.

What puzzles me is the admins locked that topic saying not to trust rumours but that goes against Dusks track record. 🤷‍♂️

Either way I don't think we have anything to worry about, I bet that RE3make is going to hit it out of the park - even if the rumour that an external developer is working on it is true.

The most interesting part of the rumour is that he said it'll come much earlier than we expect? I kind of expected spin off next year and RE3make 2021 after the rumour it was in dev was out there so it'd be amazing if it was next year lol.

I'm hoping it has more actual puzzles, R2make puzzles suck badly (like the original lol), RE3 has the best in the series so I hope they can recreate that.

After R2make I'm have doubts though. People are praising puzzles in it that aren't actually puzzles and are fetch quests, like pretty much anything that is a code or pattern. You don't solve any of these, you go and get the answer and come back. No puzzle solving involved, it basically a lock with a key.

RE3 did have a good balance of actual puzzles and literal terror aka Nemesis. I'm really looking forward to how it'll turn out.

Oct 28, 2017
One of my hopes for RE3 is that Capcom finally just go ahead and do it. Fuck with the RE rules. Safe rooms don't have to be safe. Nemesis should chase you and if you go in to a safe room and if he knows you went in there, he should use his rocket launcher to blast his way in.

And this is information Capcom should absolutely not reveal prior to release. I want that jump scare and I want to see others have that jump scare.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
I'm all for that. RE2's Mr. X just casually turning back when faced with the impenetrable safe room door is like something out of a cartoon.

Deleted member 1162

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
One of my hopes for RE3 is that Capcom finally just go ahead and do it. Fuck with the RE rules. Safe rooms don't have to be safe. Nemesis should chase you and if you go in to a safe room and if he knows you went in there, he should use his rocket launcher to blast his way in.

And this is information Capcom should absolutely not reveal prior to release. I want that jump scare and I want to see others have that jump scare.
no, that's too scary =(

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017

IF Capcom does the remake...

Well, the safe room should be kept in my opinion, just for the soundtrack (I really like it lol). Any other room's walls could be made breakable to let Nemesis show up.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
completely re-imagined would suck, why even make it if you're not going to honor the original.

Which is why RE2 did so well.

hope its not true

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
completely re-imagined would suck, why even make it if you're not going to honor the original.

hope its not true

Well, it does match what Dusk Golem said about how R3make would be very different from what people are expecting. I fear R3make will not really be a remake of the third game, but another game with RE3 more or less inside of it. A sort of mix between Outbreak, Operation Raccoon City and RE3 proper.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
The setting for R3make has too much going for it to be a 1:1 remake. I'd love for the level design to be a giant interconnected world like Dark Souls with interiors working like dungeons with classic Resident Evil level progression .The game needs to be bigger. My gripe with RE2R was that it was a bit too close to the original in most respects. The content that was cut seemed really cool. They really could have done more with adding new settings and monsters.

RE4 is probably my GOAT favorite, but that structure doesn't really suit RE3 at all. I really wonder who is developing this, if it's Platinum or Tango I have faith. I don't see Capcom using a western dev because they stated they won't be outsourcing overseas anymore a few years ago. Hopefully it runs on the RE Engine.

I really hated how they cut an hour before you reach the RPD. The opening section was suppose to convey that the city was more dangerous than the RPD. Capcom should have saved some of that cut content for the 2nd run character. I'd kill for a proper 2nd run DLC as I love this game too much.

Last edited:

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
The setting for R3make has too much going for it to be a 1:1 remake. I'd love for the level design to be a giant interconnected world like Dark Souls with interiors working like dungeons with classic Resident Evil level progression .The game needs to be bigger. My gripe with RE2R was that it was a bit too close to the original in most respects. The content that was cut seemed really cool. They really could have done more with adding new settings and monsters.

RE4 is probably my GOAT favorite, but that structure doesn't really suit RE3 at all. I really wonder who is developing this, if it's Platinum or Tango I have faith. I don't see Capcom using a western dev because they stated they won't be outsourcing overseas anymore a few years ago. Hopefully it runs on the RE Engine.

I really hated how they cut an hour before you reach the RPD. The opening section was suppose to convey that the city was more dangerous than the RPD. Capcom should have saved some of that cut content for the 2nd run character. I'd kill for a proper 2nd run DLC as I love this game too much.

Jawmuncher mentioned it's not Tango, at least as far as he knows. Platinum is an intereting choice, although I want R3make to be an Survival Horror like the original. More action focused than RE2 but not an Action Horror like RE4.

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
Does the knife's damage scale with framerate in Resident Evil 7 the way it does in Resident Evil 2?

Oct 28, 2017
Some industry insiders told me that Resident Evil 3 Remake is going to be a video game of sorts that's coming out at some point.

Deleted member 29237

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I'm getting incredibly frustrated with RE3. I got as far as the Clock Tower Nemesis fight but I only have one healing item and it's practically impossible. Tried pounding him with freeze rounds, mines and the four remaining magnum bullets to no avail.

Eventually I just restarted with a guide and am doing much better ammo and healing item wise (saving all the powder for magnum rounds!) but still finding it frustrating how I can get completely annihilated by Nemesis in a single encounter - most recently the newspaper office corridor caught me out.

I think my main complaint is the tank controls and fixed camera set up doesn't really lend itself to reacting to the speed and ferocity Nemesis attacks you with. More than a few times I've gotten stuck on a piece of scenery that's larger than it looks and then Nemesis has repeatedly picked me up and thrown me down until I die. It's actively unfun and I'm disappointed considering how much I enjoy the rest of the game.

I guess I am playing on Hard mode, but I was fine with it in REmake and RE2make.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Resident Evil 3 really suffers from the lack of middle difficulty.

PC90

Enlightened
Oct 25, 2017
Germany

I fully agree with this. It's time, this needs to happen.

Oct 28, 2017
I'm getting incredibly frustrated with RE3. I got as far as the Clock Tower Nemesis fight but I only have one healing item and it's practically impossible. Tried pounding him with freeze rounds, mines and the four remaining magnum bullets to no avail.

Eventually I just restarted with a guide and am doing much better ammo and healing item wise (saving all the powder for magnum rounds!) but still finding it frustrating how I can get completely annihilated by Nemesis in a single encounter - most recently the newspaper office corridor caught me out.

I think my main complaint is the tank controls and fixed camera set up doesn't really lend itself to reacting to the speed and ferocity Nemesis attacks you with. More than a few times I've gotten stuck on a piece of scenery that's larger than it looks and then Nemesis has repeatedly picked me up and thrown me down until I die. It's actively unfun and I'm disappointed considering how much I enjoy the rest of the game.

I guess I am playing on Hard mode, but I was fine with it in REmake and RE2make.
I can't imagine going in to the Nemesis clocktower fight with only 1 heal. I'm someone who obsessively hoards items and will even reload saves if I end up fucking up and use items that could have been avoided. So going in to the clocktower fight I was more than prepared ammo and health wise. And I still found that hard as fuck! Think I used 3 full heals when I beat that the first time, and it took many attempts.

Which version were you fighting? With or without rocket launcher? Because 1 is significantly harder than the other.

Deleted member 29237

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I can't imagine going in to the Nemesis clocktower fight with only 1 heal. I'm someone who obsessively hoards items and will even reload saves if I end up fucking up and use items that could have been avoided. So going in to the clocktower fight I was more than prepared ammo and health wise. And I still found that hard as fuck! Think I used 3 full heals when I beat that the first time, and it took many attempts.

Which version were you fighting? With or without rocket launcher? Because 1 is significantly harder than the other.
Without - I don't want to think how quickly it would have been over if I'd taken the other choice in the train!

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
I still can't get over how good RE7 turned out. They really have to do another FPS entry. Maybe turn it into a spinoff series, don't care really, since they're all canon, and part of the story in the end.

Oct 28, 2017
Without - I don't want to think how quickly it would have been over if I'd taken the other choice in the train!
Without the rocket launcher is actually harder. You got the hard version. It's harder because it changes his behaviour and makes him much more aggressive. If he has the rocket launcher he gives you some breathing room to get shots away. Without the rocket launcher he's all over your ass constantly. He just runs at you runs at you runs at you grab grab grab. Very hard to deal with. With the rocket launcher it's easier to get some distance between you and Nemesis.

Jun 18, 2018

I think the best solution for RE3's difficulty would be a better way of triggering dodge that is consistent across both moving and aiming. With that, you could also afford to drop a few more health items from the game.

Oct 28, 2017
I did not. But that said, I did actually really like it. I mean, not the Nemesis part in the end, but the overall film is my favorite RE movie. Or the only one that I liked.
I only saw the first two movies, but I preferred the first one. I will never get over what they did to the Nemesis. You have no idea how excited I was for this movie because of the Nemesis. I never could have imagined they'd fuck him over that badly.

Oct 25, 2017

hope its not true
Eh, 3 is one I could see being completely reimagined.

with the dodge mechanic and Nemesis as well as just having REmake 2,
I feel like they need to go heavy on the bigger city location exploration.
Jill's apartment
RPD
Raccoon Newspaper
City Hall - inside
Central station - redesign it into a large transportation hub. Tram, Bus,etc
Apple Inn
Raccoon General
Clocktower
Dead factory

With potentially expanding to include stuff like,
Raccoon Zoo
Raccoon University or school
Abandoned Hospital
Radio station/news broadcast location

Obviously with the much grander scale and variety I wouldn't expect these locations to be as intricate as the RPD or Clocktower for example.

Maybe have Jill trying to rescue people around the city pre-infection, afterward the city is completely done and she just has to escape.

Last edited:

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
I only saw the first two movies, but I preferred the first one. I will never get over what they did to the Nemesis. You have no idea how excited I was for this movie because of the Nemesis. I never could have imagined they'd fuck him over that badly.

Did you dislike everything or just the ending? I thought up until the hand-to-hand fight and its aftermath Nemesis was quite adequate to the type of movie he was. Anyway, I still remember watching RE1 in a rented VHS and one of the final lines was "put him in the Nemesis project". I was quite excited.

Eh, 3 is one I could see being completely reimagined.

with the dodge mechanic and Nemesis as well as just having REmake 2,
I feel like they need to go heavy on the bigger city location exploration.
Jill's apartment
RPD
Raccoon Newspaper
City Hall - inside
Central station - redesign it into a large transportation hub. Tram, Bus,etc
Apple Inn
Raccoon General
Clocktower
Dead factory

With potentially expanding to include stuff like,
Raccoon Zoo
Raccoon University or school
Abandoned Hospital
Radio station/news broadcast location

Maybe have Jill trying to rescue people around the city pre-infection, afterward the city is completely done and she just has to escape.

RE2 is proof that a complete reimagination of the original can keep its essence and be faithful. RE3 should follow that same path.

I can't wait to see who is developing it. I've seen quite a few comments about Platinum games. It's a curious choice, and I wonder if they would go very action heavy with RE3... as long as Jill doesn't go hand-to-hand against Nemesis I'm open to it, even if it isn't my first choice.