• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Golnei

Oct 25, 2017
Kind of random, but the Persona announcement had me thinking about other series that could get the musou treatment.

I think Resident Evil could make an amazing Musou style game. Capcom could even leverage the Basara IP for branding. What do you all think? We do it?
I've unironically said I wanted Resident Evil Musou before on this forum. So like, fuck yes.

I've said before that RE6's No Mercy Mercenaries would suit an expansion into the strategy-light map-controlling format of a musou really well.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Can someone explain to me what a Musou game is?

Also, is the above question correct or should it be: Can someone explain to me what is a Musou game?

A Warriors game. Like, Dynasty Warriors, Samurai Warriors, Hyrule Warriors. Musou is just the Japanese name for them and 'genre' of those games.

Your top question is correct.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Haha holy shit Resident Evil 6's intro is fucking bonkers. The minute actual gameplay starts I pull out a shotgun and karate kick zombies and explode their faces.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
RE4 is the GOAT and will forever be the GOAT.

Yeah, RE2R really could have topped it if it didn't leave too much on the cutting room floor. If Leon and Clair's story were different or even had a cohesive B, it would have beaten RE4.

With so much content cut, I'm surprised they didn't just use that to make a route a bit more different. The streets section was supposed to be an hour and a half before hitting the RPD. That would have been perfect for the 2nd run character. Also, the above ground tram would have been great too, because it makes no sense for both characters to take the underground train from the sewers. Such a missed opportunity. I really loved this game too, so it hurts seeing content being cut that would have extended the game.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can someone explain to me what a Musou game is?

Also, is the above question correct or should it be: Can someone explain to me what is a Musou game?

Hack and slash game vs large amounts of enemies at once. I don't know how a RE version would work as the series isn't melee fighting and uses guns, which is basically like Mercenaries No Mercy.

Golnei

Oct 25, 2017
Hack and slash game vs large amounts of enemies at once. I don't know how a RE version would work as the series isn't melee fighting and uses guns, which is basically like Mercenaries No Mercy.

That's specifically the example I brought up - the defining feature of Musou maps isn't just killing a bunch of stuff, but selectively dealing with it while accomplishing strategic objectives and holding territory - that could be really fun with No Mercy Mercenaries as a base.

Deleted member 8860

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
When the Steam grid thumbnail for RE2R get "best of E3 2018" plastered on? Is there an easy way to revert the thumbnail (apart from manually changing it like any other image)?

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
A Warriors game. Like, Dynasty Warriors, Samurai Warriors, Hyrule Warriors. Musou is just the Japanese name for them and 'genre' of those games.

Your top question is correct.

Gratitude.

I'm not sure how close the Mercenaries mode fits in this, but I've already stated my hope that Capcom releases a new and improve Mercenaries game. With all major characters, levels and a multitude of levels and game modes. I do think it would work wonders.

Napalm_Frank

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finland
Has there been any murmur or rumors if we are getting more RE2 DLC or was the Ghost Survivors it?

I kinda hope we would get one meaty new scenario. RE7 DLC wasn't all great but damn if it didn't have variety.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
If the rumour is true that it's launching early 2020 then yeah I think we'll see it.

Otherwise I think we'll see a spin off announcement this year, but probably not an E3.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If Capcom takes this cop out I will personally murder them all with great prejudice. Not literally, but in my dreams. But it has been 17 years since last she was a protagonist in a numbered RE game. And 10 in universe. Last we heard it was the email she sent to Barry in Rev 2, but that was probably in 2009 too.

RE7 had no ties to the rest of the series except for Chris showing up and the last game to be about the main Resi story was RE6 set in 2012, so I'm not too worried.

Besides, she'll probably be in Smash.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In my heart.

Wait, what?

The big theory is that the DLC for Smash Ultimate will have a Capcom character (due to Joker, a Sega character, coming with returning Mii costumes), and Resident Evil is the biggest series in Capcom's library and Japanese gaming in general to not have a rep. Joker carries a gun and a knife, two previously banned apparels, so that clears one of the big hurdles of getting a Resi character in the game. Lastly, the game as a whole is lacking in female fighters, which makes me think if they pick a Resident Evil character at all they'd go with Jill, the most famous and noteworthy female protagonist in the series. There was also a datamine for someone named Jane, a character who all we know about is that they have a ponytail and might have been intended as an alt for Joker, but some people are theorizing that it's Jill in her BSAA or RE5 costume.

Personally I think what'll happen is that Jill and Claire will share a slot together as alts.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
The big theory is that the DLC for Smash Ultimate will have a Capcom character (due to Joker, a Sega character, coming with returning Mii costumes), and Resident Evil is the biggest series in Capcom's library and Japanese gaming in general to not have a rep. Joker carries a gun and a knife, two previously banned apparels, so that clears one of the big hurdles of getting a Resi character in the game. Lastly, the game as a whole is lacking in female fighters, which makes me think if they pick a Resident Evil character at all they'd go with Jill, the most famous and noteworthy female protagonist in the series. There was also a datamine for someone named Jane, a character who all we know about is that they have a ponytail and might have been intended as an alt for Joker, but some people are theorizing that it's Jill in her BSAA or RE5 costume.

Personally I think what'll happen is that Jill and Claire will share a slot together as alts.

That would be rad

leder

Oct 25, 2017

If we're getting a new Capcom character it's got to be from Monster Hunter, right?

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If we're getting a new Capcom character it's got to be from Monster Hunter, right?

The impression I got was that Rathalos was the only piece of content we'd get from the series, but there's only one Spirit. It's certainly possible Monster Hunter shows up, but I think Sakurai and Capcom would want a character who hasn't recently appeared, the way Monster Hunter was in MvCI.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe they pushed back R3make because of RE2R's success and will make some DLC. I've never begged for a game to have DLC as much as RE2R.

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
RE3 getting pushed is probably quality control related, if it was outsourced and work on it started in a pre-REmake2 world, it's most probably not up to bar with RE2 in quality.

Deleted member 46493

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 7, 2018
A few weeks ago I started playing Remake (HD version) for the first time. I beat Jill's scenario and doing Chris' now. I'm really enjoying this! Thinking of getting 0 next. Already played 4, 5 (around the time it came out), and 2 Remake.