• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
Would be nice if RE3 got a special mode with procedurally generated challenges.

•Randomly selected starting point(all locations of the game)
•Ammo placement, and weapons
•Enemy types, and their locations
•You can earn points to buy artwork, tracks, outfits, and weapons.

It doesn't look like the CE will be getting a special cover, or a soundtrack this time around. 😔

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
Just give me a fucking demo and I will be set ;D
That would be nice, but I'd probably avoid it like I did the RE2 demo. I want the full game to be my first experience. I haven't even seen the Nemesis trailer. 😋

We need better rewards this time around. I want ammo/weapons to carry over(if possible), unlockable weapons(at least one for each category), infinite ammo for all weapons, costumes, skins for zombies, and other enemies. Throw in the original soundtrack, and the original psx game too.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
So I need some tips, replaying Resi 4 and I cant remember if I should keep the red9 or get the Blacktail?

Oct 25, 2017
Im replaying Revelations 1 right now and thought the cut during the whale boss cutscene was weird.
Random female BSAA pilot is trying to pick Jill and Chris up before the ship is destroyed, tentacle crashes into the helicopter and destroys it.
Chris and Jill ready to fight the boss a Jill says "what about the pilot" and Chris says to "worry about her later"
Beat the boss and they just fly away.

REV1 is really what RE6 should have been.
That game with 6's budget and mechanics would have been insane.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The tentacle completely blows the chopper up, I don't know how they could "worry about her later" since she is clearly dead.

Doctrine Dark

Nov 13, 2017
Guys, this is a totally random question, but it's been on my mind: you know when the zombies are usually laying down or laying against a wall and they slowly get up when you walk by them? Were they actually asleep? I'm just wondering if zombies can actually go to sleep.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017

So huh, this happened. Mr. X just said "fuck it, you're done!". That was during my S rank hardcore speedrun.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Guys, this is a totally random question, but it's been on my mind: you know when the zombies are usually laying down or laying against a wall and they slowly get up when you walk by them? Were they actually asleep? I'm just wondering if zombies can actually go to sleep.

My theory has always been that when they got bit they just sat down against a wall or something until they zombified and then when you walk or run past they sorta wake up.

not sure if you can call it sleep.

softtack

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I read Wikipedia articles on my phone sometimes. Today was intended for me.
8ec38a79-0395-4ce4-821jgw.jpeg

Theecliff

Oct 28, 2017
hey y'all. i've never played an RE game properly (outside of the occasional demo) nor even a proper survival horror game in its entirety, but i decided to grab RE2 Remake the other day and stream myself going through it for the first time. i have discovered that i am not very good with stressful horror games. my mic is pretty eh since i'm having to use my PlayStation headset but feel free to drop on by my stream to chat shit or the like. it was nice and super wholesome when some strangers dropped into the stream last night to give advice and hints and just hang out.

my twitch handle is theecliff and i'll start streaming at around 7.45pm (about 15 mins from posting this).

here's a clip of me shitting myself during one of my first Mr X encounters for tax:

Doctrine Dark

Nov 13, 2017
My theory has always been that when they got bit they just sat down against a wall or something until they zombified and then when you walk or run past they sorta wake up.

not sure if you can call it sleep.

That theory actually makes sense.

I can't imagine a zombie going to sleep.

Then I remember Itchy Scratchy popping out of the closet to eat me, which seems like a plan he concocted to trap his next meal.

Nah. Zombies can't function like that.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really enjoyed it a lot on the 3DS, but the console version not so much.
Console version has better features, but they turned it into a huge grind. On 3DS playing each level on each difficulty will get you to mid 40s, on other versions you'll need grind replaying levels again and again for ages.

Rev 2 Raid just sucked. From the levels, to leveling up, to loot mechanics and more.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Console version has better features, but they turned it into a huge grind. On 3DS playing each level on each difficulty will get you to mid 40s, on other versions you'll need grind replaying levels again and again for ages.

Rev 2 Raid just sucked. From the levels, to leveling up, to loot mechanics and more.

Yeah they really, really made it unfun. I dropped off of it so fast when I couldn't stop playing Raid Mode on 3DS.

yungronny

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Since Resistance is bundled with RE3 is it coming out at the same time? I am pretty excited for that, my friends and I love DBD and RE.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll pass if first person, I really didn't like 7, didn't buy the season pass, didn't even end up playing Not a Hero.

Oct 28, 2017
If RE8 wasn't first person I would have been pissed. There's so much great stuff RE7 did thanks to being first person. RE2 didn't deliver the way RE7 did. And that's without even taking VR in to account. We need another first person RE and we need what RE7 did to be expanded upon.

And god I can't wait to have my first playthrough be in VR this time. RE7 lost a bit of something because I already knew the game. Now I can get the full experience.

Oct 28, 2017
Just have the option to choose from First Person and Third.

That would have helped me in deciding RE7 more easily.
No. Commit. Make a first person game or make a third person game. The options crowd get on my tits. To make the best out of something you commit and design it completely around it. RE7 would not have worked or been anywhere near as effective in third person. By attempting to please everyone you please nobody.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
You can currently pre-order RE3 on Amazon for $50.

Keep in mind that Best Buy is the only retailer offering a steelbook with their pre-orders, so you essentially have the choice between a steelbook with them, or saving $10 with Amazon.

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Updated the OP a bit to fit with RE3. If someone wants to actually make something better for the community OT just let me know and i'll add it.
As we need some new image thumbnails for stuff such as "non-canon vs canon" and such.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
I'm assuming each Mastermind will have their own lair?

I wonder if this means the mansion will be showing up. (I have no idea how Resistance works outside of the 1v4 premise)

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
Odd question, but for those that got that RE2 steelbook at Best Buy last year, was it wrapped in plastic, or loose?
Looks like they're introducing Alex to the canon a lot sooner now.
If I'm not mistaken, Resistance is primarily (if not entirely) non-canon, so I think they're willing to just have fun with it and do fanservice stuff. Hopefully Albert Wesker and Lucas Baker as masterminds later down the line. Salazar, Saddler, Irving, or Excella would be amazing too, but those are a mere pipe dream.

rahji

Oct 25, 2017
After playing RE2 remake, I am in the mood for the RE films. What is the best way/medium to watch them right now? Netflix only has the first one from 2002 and Google doesn't deliver an answer.

Deleted member 11008

User requested account closure
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm replaying RE3 after more than a decade I think. First thing: I didn't knew there is a randomizer, I thought my game was glitching when sometimes I didn't find shotgun ammo in the second room of the police station lol Second....holy shit it give you a lot of handgun ammo. Third: I really love this RE make the knife useful (thought was CV where it turned good but looks like I was wrong), it can be dangerous with zombies (but feasible!) but with dogs is very fun and somehow overkill haha.

This is my first time fighting Nemesis without cheats by the way. It is very fun even if the (so far) first two battles make me cure twice by battle.

Oct 25, 2017
With the whole Corona Virus thing almost seeming like a zombie outbreak/apocalyptic game or movie(particularly that nighttime video from China)
I was amazed to notice today the head of the CDC's last name is Redfield

Last edited:

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Ended up grabbing the RE5 artbook as a cheap copy appeared on eBay this week, looking forward to having a look through it, its not that common (or usually, cheap) to get hold of in the UK but I've seen snippets of it online and wanted to get a hold of a copy for the longest time.
And while I wait for RE3, I replayed the remake of 2 again. Its just one of those perfect games I can sit back and just enjoy in each replay. I should maybe get round to plat'ing it one day...
Also did all the Ghost Survivors which I'd forgotten until now. I loved Kendo's, its a really good part of the map, decent enemy placement and very replayable (thanks to the two routes). "No Way Out" took me the most tries to clear though, took me quite a while to get the flow of the mode down, once I got the hang of using weapons at the correct time and not getting surrounded in the final 20-25 enemies I managed to clear it. Some nice fun freebies, but Hunk's level is still my favourite.

Terra Torment

Banned
Jan 4, 2020
I'd love to run a Resident Evil style tabletop RPG. I am too busy to run yet another game these days but its been in the back of my mind.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
So, believe it or not, despite how much I love the original RE, I've never played through the Chris campaign because the lower inventory and lack of lockpick both really put me off, but I am determined to get it done!

Three death masks collected in REmake so far, and other than a rough start due to the stupid knife, I feel like I'm actually getting somewhere this time. Gaining patience as I grew older has been so positive for me.

Deleted member 25870

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I keep dropping the RE2 remake every time big boy shows up

It's just too stressful and annoying

Any advice?
Avoidance is key. Use save rooms to wait him out and reset his position. Hit him with something hard if you can't avoid and run when he's downed. You can bait his wind up which takes a year to come out, but don't attempt this unless you're certain of the trigger distance.