• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
Just found out that Jill was released as a new character on Teppen. She looks awesome and the best news is that Patricia Ja Lee returns as her VA... there is a god after all! So nice to see her back as Jill, I really liked Patricia's work in RE UC and 5.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Copying myself from /r/ResidentEvil. If you want the Kitchen demo for RE7, you may want to grab it from the PS Store today or tomorrow:

This Friday, Driveclub and all of its DLC (including Driveclub VR) is being delisted from the PlayStation Store. While that means nothing for Resident Evil on the surface, some may recall that on the first PlayStation VR demo disc, there were demos for both Driveclub VR and Resident Evil 7 (the Kitchen demo). Because of this, there's reason to believe that once Driveclub is delisted, this demo collection may be as well.

It's free to "buy" on the PSN. If you're interested, you may want to go ahead and add it to your account.

US link: https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP9000-CUSA04579_00-PSVRDEMODISC0001

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
So, do you guys think this new RE game might be the game assumed to be R3make? That we've heard the rumors about? I matches the rumors: has been in development for some time, being different from what we should expect, announcement this year... except for the most important fact of not being R3make.

Which would mean, obviously, r3make was never in development to begin with (which was what the RE2's developers said back when that game was released).

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
So, do you guys think this new RE game might be the game assumed to be R3make? That we've heard the rumors about? I matches the rumors: has been in development for some time, being different from what we should expect, announcement this year... except for the most important fact of not being R3make.

Which would mean, obviously, r3make was never in development to begin with (which was what the RE2's developers said back when that game was released).

Wasn't there reportedly three Resident Evil games in development for those rumours that hit?

I don't know what to think, I don't think this was the rumoured RE3make; I still think both RE8 and RE3make are happening, but not anytime soon now.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
Wasn't there reportedly three Resident Evil games in development for those rumours that hit?

I don't know what to think, I don't think this was the rumoured RE3make; I still think both RE8 and RE3make are happening, but not anytime soon now.

Yes, three resident evil games for the next three years, one of it being r3make, another re8 and another one unknown. Yet since r3make was meant to be announce this year, it's easy to assume it would be released next year. But that doesn't hold up after this announcement. Either this isn't one of those three games or that info is wrong.

I should add that Dusk Golem did mention things could change and that was all just theory, but the most solid part was the r3make part, and that is gone.

Oct 28, 2017
Opinions on Project Resistance? I don't know what to think. Someone tell me what to think.

Looks interesting. I reserve judgement at this point. I want to see more of it. But I don't have high hopes.

Last edited:

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Opinions on Project Resistance? I don't know what to think. Someone tell me what to think.

Looks interesting. I reserve judgement at this point. I want to see more of it. But I don't have high hopes.
Personally not a fan of these 4v1 type multiplayer games. Tried a couple and it typically becomes "If a premade group they win" and "If they randoms they will screw each other over so easy kills with maybe one survivor".

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017

It looks like a bad game to me. Just being honest.

I already reserved judgement when the bland character designs from the trailer leaked, because the way they looked wouldn't have mattered, had the game been good. So far, though, it looks like a reused asset party, the gameplay sees the team trapped in small areas instead of exploring some type of large mansion or RPD like I would've preferred, the new animations are super janky and unpolished looking (is this the first bad looking RE Engine game?), the HUD is awful, we probably won't get any new major big bad guys like Nemesis (instead reuse of Mr. X and Birkin), the list goes on.

I don't think they should've outsourced this title. Seems like a cash grab to get the most mileage out of the existing RE2 assets. We've had bad multiplayer RE spinoffs before, and this may just be another one.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Resistance didn't exactly seem like a bad idea to me, but the gameplay trailer/demo I watched just made everything really clunky. Not sure... I absolutely love the new RE2 that was released this year so a L4D take on that doesn't seem like the worst idea ever but I feel it doesn't appear to be executed all that great. I'll have to play it for myself to get a solid feel of the game, it could still be fun with a good group, and the "play as enemies" thing... well I enjoyed that in RE6 for the couple of times I used it so that could be funny.
But yeah, as said above it kinda feels like a cheap outsourced cash grab, and I was hoping Capcom would stop doing that stuff after they brought their IPs back in house. Oh well, at least its just an outsourced side game, at least it shouldn't affect RE8/REmake 3 any.

Oct 28, 2017
It looks like a bad game to me. Just being honest.

I already reserved judgement when the bland character designs from the trailer leaked, because the way they looked wouldn't have mattered, had the game been good. So far, though, it looks like a reused asset party, the gameplay sees the team trapped in small areas instead of exploring some type of large mansion or RPD like I would've preferred, the new animations are super janky and unpolished looking (is this the first bad looking RE Engine game?), the HUD is awful, we probably won't get any new major big bad guys like Nemesis (instead reuse of Mr. X and Birkin), the list goes on.

I don't think they should've outsourced this title. Seems like a cash grab to get the most mileage out of the existing RE2 assets. We've had bad multiplayer RE spinoffs before, and this may just be another one.
I feel you. The warning signs are there. I definitely really dig the concept and I do want to see some raw gameplay, but yeah it does come off very cheap looking. I don't expect a good game but we'll see.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
I know I'm late on this, but I had no idea Jill was voiced by Patricia Ja Lee (who played her in RE5) in Teppen! Pretty awesome. She's great as Jill. The dream would be getting her back as Jill in the remake of RE3 as well.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was surprised they brought her back after they replaced her in Revelations and ORC. Wasn't a fan of Michelle Ruff's Jill to be honest.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of Jill, I had some free time this week and decided to give the canceled Gameboy Colour port of the first RE a try. Its... actually pretty good? I mean, its got some issues with aiming and judging depth, not to mention knowing what to interact with (helped because I know most puzzles pretty well after all these years) but they actually managed to cram in a pretty playable port of a Playstation game into a tiny GBC cart. Pity it was never finished, it would have been a really interesting port of the game (and hey, even unfinished its still better than the Tiger Gamecom port of RE2)

And while my mind is going off on a strange Jill tangent, did anyone else play Umbrella Chronicles (the PS3/Wii lightgun styled game) and wonder why RE3 was handled so damn poorly in it? I enjoyed the other scenarios they had, especially for RE1 but I always wondered why they chose to stretch out the first little part of the game to 2/3 chapters, and only have Nemesis appear in the final chapter. Feels like they did 3 (and Nemesis) such a huge disservice with how much was chopped out.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
I'd love to play Umbrella and Darkside Chronicles, but I haven't yet decided how I'd like to play them. Wii is obviously going to have the best controls, but PS3 versions are in HD. I suppose controlling the games with analog sticks would be terrible, though, given that they're arcade-styled rail shooters.

Gradon

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Speaking of Jill, I had some free time this week and decided to give the canceled Gameboy Colour port of the first RE a try. Its... actually pretty good? I mean, its got some issues with aiming and judging depth, not to mention knowing what to interact with (helped because I know most puzzles pretty well after all these years) but they actually managed to cram in a pretty playable port of a Playstation game into a tiny GBC cart. Pity it was never finished, it would have been a really interesting port of the game (and hey, even unfinished its still better than the Tiger Gamecom port of RE2)

And while my mind is going off on a strange Jill tangent, did anyone else play Umbrella Chronicles (the PS3/Wii lightgun styled game) and wonder why RE3 was handled so damn poorly in it? I enjoyed the other scenarios they had, especially for RE1 but I always wondered why they chose to stretch out the first little part of the game to 2/3 chapters, and only have Nemesis appear in the final chapter. Feels like they did 3 (and Nemesis) such a huge disservice with how much was chopped out.

RE GBC is a technical masterpiece lol. So sad it was cancelled.

RE3 Umbrellas Chronicles was god awful because they recycled everything from Outbreak.

I wish Umbrella Chronicles followed its original design. The RE4 style gameplay remakes of RE1, 0 and 3.

I'd love to play Umbrella and Darkside Chronicles, but I haven't yet decided how I'd like to play them. Wii is obviously going to have the best controls, but PS3 versions are in HD. I suppose controlling the games with analog sticks would be terrible, though, given that they're arcade-styled rail shooters.

Wii or PS3 with a Move. Using a controller is not great.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I'd love to play Umbrella and Darkside Chronicles, but I haven't yet decided how I'd like to play them. Wii is obviously going to have the best controls, but PS3 versions are in HD. I suppose controlling the games with analog sticks would be terrible, though.
PS3 + Move controller is the way to go for me these days, as it means I can play them as lightgun games but also not put up with the Wii's awful image quality through my HDTV.

RE GBC is a technical masterpiece lol. So sad it was cancelled.

RE3 Umbrellas Chronicles was god awful because they recycled everything from Outbreak.

I wish Umbrella Chronicles followed its original design. The RE4 style gameplay remakes of RE1, 0 and 3.

Wii or PS3 with a Move. Using a controller is not great.
What's crazy is the GBC version is apparently 90%? complete - I need to play more to see just how much of the game is in there. Its certainly a technical masterpiece, crazy to think they actually managed to get a perfectly playable version of RE running on ye old GBC hardware, though I did have to chuckle how the dining room was missing its huge table!

Didn't realise Umbrella Chronicles was supposed to be RE4 style remakes of games, that would indeed have been amazing.

Gradon

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Didn't realise Umbrella Chronicles was supposed to be RE4 style remakes of games, that would indeed have been amazing.

Yep. :/
What fans may not realize, however, is that the game was originally set to look and play like Resident Evil 4. Only after Capcom took a look at Nintendo's new hardware did it decide to mix up the formula.

"At the initial stage of development, Umbrella Chronicles' play system was similar to Resident Evil 4's," producer Masachika Kawata told Famitsu in a video interview. "But, it's extremely difficult on Wii. Too complicated to enjoy. Wii users like easiness. Umbrella Chronicles is not only for game enthusiasts. Complex operability can be an obstacle for Wii users. We want players to enjoy the game's horrifying and creepy world and its thrilling shooting action. By reducing enthusiast-only elements, players can purely enjoy the world."
To achieve this goal, Kawata admits that Capcom "… had to compromise to a lower difficulty level."

PC90

Enlightened
Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I like rail shooters, and the games are fine, but yeah that would've been a lot better. Still, I wish Capcom would rerelease them on PC with mouse controls or something.

I don't remember much of the RE3 part in Umbrella Chronicles, but I do remember hating Nemesis' voice in that game. It's so bad!

Oct 25, 2017
I was surprised they brought her back after they replaced her in Revelations and ORC. Wasn't a fan of Michelle Ruff's Jill to be honest.
Since Capcom shifted to liking nobodies again I wonder if thats why they went with her.
The entire Umbrella Chronicles voice crew were pretty "low tier" VAs at that time but exploded by the time they were working on RE5.
Patricia Ja Lee is like the only one that didn't go anywhere afterwards.

Definitely the best Jill voice,
get her for Jill's next appearance and scan Voth again.

Looking at it Ruff might have retired mostly. she also didn't return to dub Rukia in the live action Bleach movie despite getting Johnny Yong Bosch and crew.

When is Chris actually going to be in?

Last edited:

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
PS Move is pretty awful for light gun type games IMO. The way it tracks is the position of the glowing orb, not where the Move is pointed. If you keep it held in the same spot and try to aim, the target reticle onscreen is barely going to move, you instead need pbysically move the Move controller all over the place. You can hold the Move controller upright for all the use pointing does.

RE5 with Move had the same problem, it wasn't aiming the controller it was guiding the glowing orb. (Also stupidly reset reticle to centre everytime you held aim, regardless where the orb being held).

In this regard, the Wii with the IR sensors is far superior.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
I never knew that about RE5 with Move controls. Back when it came out, I actually bemoaned the lack of a PS Move in my ownership, since the prospect of playing RE5 like it was RE4 Wii sounded incredible. Now that you say that about the tracking (and the pointer resetting each time), though, I'm glad I never bought a Move for a single game back then. Would've been super disappointed.