• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island

Site Update& Additional Details: https://hwrs6zm7jc66t2b66iunqys67i-...anslate.goog/residentevil/sp/ja/news-735.html

Machine Translate Plot
STORY]
In 2006, the White House, a symbol of the United States, was hacked by someone. Traces of unauthorized access were found in top secret files under the presidential jurisdiction. US agents Leon S. Kennedy and others convened for the investigation encounter unidentified zombies in the sudden power outage of the White House and control them with SWAT.
Meanwhile, Terrasave employee Claire Redfield encounters a strange painting by a boy with aphasia in a country he visited to help refugees. Claire pursues her own investigation triggered by the picture that seems to have drawn a virus-infected person.

The next morning, Claire visits the White House to petition for the construction of a welfare facility, finds Leon who happens to meet again, and shows the boy's drawing. Leon realizes something about the connection between the White House zombie incident and the strange painting, but leaves the scene saying it has nothing to do with Claire. The two zombie outbreaks that took place in distant countries eventually evolved into a nation-shaking situation.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm actually really happy we're getting a CGI series instead of film for once.

The CGI films always look fantastic, but them only having an hour and a half to tell a full Resident Evil story makes things always feel rushed.

Looking forward to this.

Shirkelton

Aug 20, 2020
Never been a big fan of the Resident Evil CG films and such, but these two did a great job in the game, so pretty cool.

ciddative

Apr 5, 2018
Great news for the actors!

Characters look okay, but they changed Claire again. I liked RE2R Claire...

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
My girl Stephanie Panisello back as Claire! Nick Apostolides as Leon too! That's awesome.

Beth Cyra

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Leon is what Chris is to the games.

Way over fucking used.

Almost every single movie stars him, at least Chris is mostly support. I hope it's good but I've just decided to skip these things until they can let someone other than Leon lead for once.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Can we expect this to be like the other animated movies or does this have a different studio behind it?

WildGoose

Oct 27, 2017
Leon and Claire, again. CG movie set between RE4 and 5, again. I thought we did this already?

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
Huge W, loved them on RE2 and they always seemed enthusiastic about the roles

Strikerrr

Oct 25, 2017
Can we expect this to be like the other animated movies or does this have a different studio behind it?
New studio formed by one of the producers of Resident Evil Vendetta, so I think it may be the same talent attached to it.
I'm just wondering how they're going to follow up on these scenes:

Saturday

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Shiet, so now I get to hear the RE2 leon VA play one-liner edgy RE4-onwards leon before the RE4 remake? Sounds good.

Alfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
REmake 2's Leon has such a young sounding voice, which was appropriate for rookie cop Leon S. Kennedy. But I assume this movie will have a more seasoned Leon, closer to RE4, so I wonder if the voice actor is gonna rough up his voice a bit. Gonna be weird seeing this version of Leon and not having it be Matt Mercer.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
They should've used the faces from the actual game instead of this RE6 shit.

onhold4u

Oct 29, 2017
Iowa
I wonder if we'll see Ashley in this, since it takes place at the White House two years after RE4. I'm sure that'll just be another missed opportunity, though.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
If this is set on 2006 then Wesker better be on this.

I would even take a cameo with him working behind the scenes.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
REmake 2's Leon has such a young sounding voice, which was appropriate for rookie cop Leon S. Kennedy. But I assume this movie will have a more seasoned Leon, closer to RE4, so I wonder if the voice actor is gonna rough up his voice a bit. Gonna be weird seeing this version of Leon and not having it be Matt Mercer.
Kind of interesting that they bring over the voices from the Remake while the faces seem to be based on previous games. Specifically Claire looks more in line with RE: Degeneration/Revelations 2 than the Remake.

Dusk Golem is claiming some of the people behind Vendetta are on this project as well.

New studio formed by one of the producers of Resident Evil Vendetta, so I think it may be the same talent attached to it.
I'm just wondering how they're going to follow up on these scenes:

Vendetta is a real guilty pleasure so I wont mind if they ham it up again. Could also be cool though if they follow the tone of the Remakes.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Can't wait for another story starring Claire where she will never be in the same scene as Sherry, or mention Sherry, or even acknowledge Sherry's existence.

Edit: and to once again have a love interest that goes completely south, as is tradition with Claire's luck in boyfriends.

Vito

Oct 25, 2017
Thinking about it, 2006 seems very suspect.

There's no reason to go back that far unless they want to explain something in more detail like Revelations 1 did with the BSAA formation.

This being 2006 has me thinking that we are going to see how Blue Umbrella was formed. This attack on the White House will be the trigger for it.

Deadmangaming

Nov 24, 2020
Help l want to play the RE8 demo,

but l cant get a hand on a ps5, can someone with a ps5 can let me play the demo on my ps4 pro through remote play?

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
What's up with Leon and White House-related incidents? That's three now.

Also it's going to sound really weird RE6 Leon model with REmake 2 Leon voice.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

There's no reason to go back that far unless they want to explain something in more detail like Revelations 1 did with the BSAA formation.

This being 2006 has me thinking that we are going to see how Blue Umbrella was formed. This attack on the White House will be the trigger for it.
Blue Umbrella was formed in 2007 though.

Cutty

Oct 31, 2017

I'm along your line of thinking. Very specific point in the RE timeline. It'll be good also to see more about Leon's post-RE4 battle hardened experience. He'd be still young here too (32).

2006 is also the same year Resident Evil 5: Lost Nightmares is set, which probably will explain why Chris and Jill won't play key roles as they're off hunting Oswell E Spencer (Umbrella's founder) who dies in August of that year by Wesker's hands.

If I'm honest though, I kind of want the story to shift the next generation of characters fighting against Umbrella and Bio-Terrorism. Ethan is just such a nothing vessel, and Capcom has wasted so many good candidates already, like Sheva, Josh, Rebecca, Carlos, etc. How long can they really keep starring Leon and Chris anyway? Chris will be 50 years old soon considering they always follow the current year whenever the new game comes out. Surely we can at least explore the mentor route?

Oct 27, 2017

I guess either they wanted to reboot the CG movies or there's some kind of connection to the future. Still weird

Woiwode

Banned
Sep 18, 2019
Totally not a fan of everything that happend after RE3 storywise. Going from a "grounded" zombie outbreak to White House secret agent and kidnapped Presidents daughter and all that nonsense.

Vito

Oct 25, 2017
Blue Umbrella was formed in 2007 though.
We don't know the months this and Blue Umbrella's formation took place.

Besides there's nothing that says we can't have a small time jump at the end.

I'm along your line of thinking. Very specific point in the RE timeline. It'll be good also to see more about Leon's post-RE4 battle hardened experience. He'd be still young here too (32).

2006 is also the same year Resident Evil 5: Lost Nightmares is set, which probably will explain why Chris and Jill won't play key roles as they're off hunting Oswell E Spencer (Umbrella's founder) who dies in August of that year by Wesker's hands.

If I'm honest though, I kind of want the story to shift the next generation of characters fighting against Umbrella and Bio-Terrorism. Ethan is just such a nothing vessel, and Capcom has wasted so many good candidates already, like Sheva, Josh, Rebecca, Carlos, etc. How long can they really keep starring Leon and Chris anyway? Chris will be 50 years old soon considering they always follow the current year whenever the new game comes out. Surely we can at least explore the mentor route?
You said it yourself, the main games take place in real time so eventually you will get your wish.

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
I swear this got announced as a movie, clarified as a series, re-clarified as a movie, and now re-re-clarified as a series. Probably just a 3 hour thing separated into episodes.

And yeah, would be fun to see a scene with Ashley, especially if she meets Claire.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
We don't know the months this and Blue Umbrella's formation took place.

Besides there's nothing that says we can't have a small time jump at the end.
Honestly i don't think the plot of ID will be anything more than "Oh this event happened in this year btw", like, it will be mostly irrelevant for the games like every previous CG movie was. I do expect small nods like Tricell buying Wilpharma at the end of Degeneration or Ada refusing to deliver the Plaga to her employer (which is hinted to be Simmons) in Damnation.

At least give me a Wesker cameo.