• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
The big problem with 4v1 titles, which Evolve had as well, is that the majority of the community wants to play as the monster.
Rather be the hunter than the hunted, you know?
This leads to long matchmaking for the humans and the balancing is usually done in such a way that if the humans don't play in a proper group effort, the monster basically auto wins.
That's what got Evolve so early on. The Hunter players had to be at the top of their game to beat mediocre monsters, especially the Wraith who singlehandedly killed that games momentum and community.

Also because the monsters look cooler.

Akuma-san メカ豪鬼

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Philippines
vPLVo6e.jpg

s08QCXP.jpg

SbVDZAA.jpg

VN1X

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Oooh actually curious about multiplayer Resident Evil. If only to see what they come up with this time. The latest cover shooter they did (already forgot the name) controlled really well but that was about the only positive thing about it.

Mighty_Bison

Oct 27, 2017
Wasn't too happy when I first heard it. But depending on the route they take, it could work. Maybe have the 4 players as Stars members, and have the 1 person as Nemesis? Just hope it's nothing like ORC.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
b146dd14d71f6ea13dce281789a1ccbb.png

100% real for anyone doubting. Just did it myself (though I got a different middle picture.)

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
As someone who never played Outbreak, what's the best way to describe it? If this turns out to be a new Outbreak game I'll be all over it.

It's just classic RE split into scenarios by location, 4 players with a 4 item inventory. Most scenarios took 40 mins to an hour and a half.
You also have a virus meter that builds up throughout the level and if it reaches 100% you turn into a zombie and can attack other players.

I'm digging the fuck out of this already.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
The big problem with 4v1 titles, which Evolve had as well, is that the majority of the community wants to play as the monster.
Rather be the hunter than the hunted, you know?
This leads to long matchmaking for the humans and the balancing is usually done in such a way that if the humans don't play in a proper group effort, the monster basically auto wins.
That's what got Evolve so early on. The Hunter players had to be at the top of their game to beat mediocre monsters, especially the Wraith who singlehandedly killed that games momentum and community.

the problem with evolve extends far beyond that. It was poorly balanced and thought out. The problem was that even in the beta players realized that majority of the game is just running around until the monster reaches a higher level, because the monster (unless the player is new to the game) wont even bother engaging until the late game. It was very rare that you could actually catch the monster off guard before it was willing to get in a fight. This made most of the matches a boring slog until the last 5 minutes.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man this is all looking good but the only thing that's throwing me off is Jaw saying 4vs1. I really hope it's just a bog-standard 4 player co-op Outbreak style game.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
the problem with evolve extends far beyond that. It was poorly balanced and thought out. The problem was that even in the beta players realized that majority of the game is just running around until the monster reaches a higher level, because the monster (unless the player is new to the game) wont even bother engaging until the late game. It was very rare that you could actually catch the monster off guard before it was willing to get in a fight. This made most of the matches a boring slog until the last 5 minutes.
Playing with bad trappers and an unhelpful team then. Hunter team that played how it was supposed to be played would be on the monsters ass basically the whole game and could easily force at least one dome before first evolution.
But no need talking about a dead game :)

Oct 27, 2017
So Capcom is going to milk the franchise like they did in the RE5-6 days? Well I can't blame them considering how succesful it still is. Big props for them. This is some Nintendo level franchise management.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
...did anyone ask for this? When I read people wanting a multiplayer RE, that's not what comes up all the time.

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
I'm interested! Especially if there's some good modernized Outbreak + Action-Evil antics to be had, with a nice loot aspect on top.

Hopefully, they're looking more to Monster Hunter World for ideas of how to be a gaas mp game that isn't gross with microtransactions.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
The vs 1 could be to take command of the "director" and choose the enemies the players face.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
*IF* 4v1 PvP - Ohh nooo, Capcom baby, what is u doin'?

*IF* CooP survival - DO IT!