• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I flailed when I read this.

I've been told this is a 4v1 MP title, so I guess we'll see if that's true in 11 days.

oh my god if its anything like Dead by Daylight I-

giphy.gif

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, so they have currently 3 RE games in development? This must be a relatively lower budget game.

If it keeps the action RE fans quiet, it's all good.

Yep, i'm ok with pure action multiplayer/co-op spin-off as long as they don't do this anymore with mainline RE.

Last edited:

BloodshotX

Jan 25, 2018
Power is just one thing 3rd parties struggle with when it comes to Switch.

Expensive cards, higher fees from Nintendo means less revenue.

The last thing a pub wants is less revenue, it's quite simple
Witcher 3 on switch seems to show that everything is possible, sure cards are more expensive but most of the time capcom is really cheap when it comes to that. 16gb cards arent really that expensive but somehow capcom print re zero on a card and give a dl code for 1, same goes for the re collection with re4,5 and 6 where they just put 4 on a card and 5 and 6 are dl codes.

Look if capcom put in any effort when it comes to switch games, but they clearly dont, its just old ports ect. They couldve very well put out an original re game ala revelations and test the reEngine on switch at the same time, but they didnt(and they probably wont do that ever)

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I'm not interested in 4v1 multiplayer but I hope this game has some budget behind it. I want the era of cheap, shitty Resident Evil (and Capcom in general) to be behind us.

Oct 25, 2017
Not interested in 4v1.

I don't know why they keep trying all these spin-offs that don't find traction rather than just making a new Outbreak or a standalone Mercs game.

Cugel

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 7, 2017
"Touch this title before anyone else" almost sounds like mobile

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm thinking it's a spiritual successor to Outbreak.

Also, I'm having a feeling 4v1 might be, misdirection? Outbreak is already 4 vs. world. World = 1

4v1 !!!

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I'm thinking it's a spiritual successor to Outbreak.

Also, I'm having a feeling 4v1 might be, misdirection? Outbreak is already 4 vs. world. World = 1

4v1 !!!

That's actually a good point. Could very well be a Outbreak style game, just there can always be at least one player who functions as an "enemy".
Awhile back that's what Fable Legends tried to do and other titles as well. This is disregarding the whole playable zombie when you die.

Deleted member 8561

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
That's actually a good point. Could very well be a Outbreak style game, just there can always be at least one player who functions as an "enemy".
Awhile back that's what Fable Legends tried to do and other titles as well. This is disregarding the whole playable zombie when you die.

This is a massive truck load of salt, but a streamer I've been following who is a pretty prominent speed runner in the RE community has been talking about an RE game likely getting announced at TGS for a while now. He's also talked about Outbreak getting remastered/remade, but I think it was more on the side of fandom than insider scoops.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK

It is worth pointing out that in 2017 both http://www.residentevil2.com and http://www.residenteviloutbreak.com/ changed their sites to just 'OK' on a white background.

If this is indeed a higher budget game with over 2+ years of development then it is possible that this was intentional, as the RE2 page was obviously updated when it was fully announced at E3 2018. So it is possible it is actually Outbreak.

But, I just really can't see it being Oubtreak unfortunately.

Given that Outbreak wasn't even an option on the poll the embassadors had to do, I think it's fair to say this is not an Outbreak game.

This too.

Patitoloco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Given that Outbreak wasn't even an option on the poll the embassadors had to do, I think it's fair to say this is not an Outbreak game.

A 4v1 game sounds pretty cool though.

Deleted member 8561

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Not having faith in an Outbreak style game is shocking.

REmake 2 had one of the best concepts for a multiplayer shooters. With the amount of punishment zombies and enemies can take, even a squad based tactical shooter using REmake 2 gameplay where you and a bunch of survivors/SWAT/police try and deal with waves of hordes as you escape areas would be such an insane amount of fun.

There is a lot of untapped potential in terms of cooperative play using the Hardcore+ damage/durability model of the zombies from REmake 2.

Just imagine having a squad packed into tight hallways like in RPD/Labs, a dozen+ zombies barreling towards you from both directions as you try and just clear a path for escape. Timing your reloads to keep a constant flow of pressure as the mob of zeds keep falling and getting back up as you try to conserve your bullets. Would be fucking amazing.

Last edited:

disgraciau

Oct 27, 2017
Ibiza, Balearic Islands, Spain
It is worth pointing out that in 2017 both http://www.residentevil2.com and http://www.residenteviloutbreak.com/ changed their sites to just 'OK' on a white background.

If this is indeed a higher budget game with over 2+ years of development then it is possible that this was intentional, as the RE2 page was obviously updated when it was fully announced at E3 2018. So it is possible it is actually Outbreak.

But, I just really can't see it being Oubtreak unfortunately.

This too.

RE2 was announced on E3 2018.

But yeah. Outbreak is happening with no doubt.

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
Not having faith in an Outbreak style game is shocking.

REmake 2 had one of the best concepts for a multiplayer shooters. With the amount of punishment zombies and enemies can take, even a squad based tactical shooter using REmake 2 gameplay where you and a bunch of survivors/SWAT/police try and deal with waves of hordes as you escape areas would be such an insane amount of fun.

There is a lot of untapped potential in terms of cooperative play using the Hardcore+ damage/durability model of the zombies from REmake 2.

Just imagine having a squad packed into tight hallways like in RPD/Labs, a dozen+ zombies barreling towards you from both directions as you try and just clear a path for escape. Timing your reloads to keep a constant flow of pressure as the mob of zeds keep falling and getting back up as you try to conserve your bullets. Would be fucking amazing.
Why there is still no new Mercs game is beyond me...

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
A big thing to notice is that this is every major platform (PC, PS4, X1). The last time they did a MP title (If this is that) was only PC and PS4 due to a small budget. So whatever this is must have a decent backing to it.

Makes sense. I wonder if that means it'll run on the RE Engine? While I think the series has been overdue for a good MP focused game the timing for an MP game of this style seems odd. Particularly as a stand-alone product. I could see a scenario where even if this game is well made it just gets passed by because it's something people just aren't looking for from RE. I'll definitely be interested in seeing it and hope I get the chance to play it early. How big is the RE team at this point? They have a team on this and presumably two other games? Is that feasible?

Deleted member 12555

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
4vs1, yeah baby can't wait to square off against Nemesis with my buddies in the long awaited RE3 reimagining

thx capgod

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
Isn't this just a Working Title to not spoil anything? It could be RE8. Hell it sure sounds like not a final title :P

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Makes sense. I wonder if that means it'll run on the RE Engine? While I think the series has been overdue for a good MP focused game the timing for an MP game of this style seems odd. Particularly as a stand-alone product. I could see a scenario where even if this game is well made it just gets passed by because it's something people just aren't looking for from RE. I'll definitely be interested in seeing it and hope I get the chance to play it early. How big is the RE team at this point? They have a team on this and presumably two other games? Is that feasible?

This could be using RE2 assets and such, thus limiting the scope it would need in-terms of staff. Also capcom does outsource even for their RE engine titles. I would assume if anything, some titles were thinking of like RE8, Rev 3, etc are further out. Definitely can't see them being far along on 3 different RE games and doing 3 other titles as well.

Isn't this just a Working Title to not spoil anything? It could be RE8. Hell it sure sounds like not a final title :P

It's def a working title, but that was the easiest way to make the thread title and get the point across that theyre

Deleted member 11517

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nah, this is a multi-player focused game and has been rumoured for a while now, I don't think it's a mainline title. It's probably not Rev 3 either.
I kinda hope it's Outbreak 3 or a reboot, it kinda fits with the 4 v 1 concept (wishful thinking of course)

SirKai

Dec 28, 2017
Washington

I don't think there would be this much lead up and teasing if it was RE8 or RE3make. Capcom seems to prefer having more sudden and explosive reveals for their big budget AAA titles. I'm expecting a $40, possibly digital multiplayer focused title, that might tie into RE3make (setting it in Raccoon City seems like an obvious sell).

BoosterDuck

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I kind of liked the tacticool Operation Raccoon City crew running around the city juking zombies and going SWAT on all the aggressive monsters

I hope they come back

Iucidium

Oct 25, 2017
Calling it now: battle royale style game with building, everyone's infected, death makes you a zombie to create asynchronous MP with AI zombies and yourself scuppering the humans.
I hope I'm wrong and it's Outbreak's successor

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
The big problem with 4v1 titles, which Evolve had as well, is that the majority of the community wants to play as the monster.
Rather be the hunter than the hunted, you know?
This leads to long matchmaking for the humans and the balancing is usually done in such a way that if the humans don't play in a proper group effort, the monster basically auto wins.
That's what got Evolve so early on. The Hunter players had to be at the top of their game to beat mediocre monsters, especially the Wraith who singlehandedly killed that games momentum and community.