• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
79dbd52920c406085ed4dd566eede6d6abbc4bc8.jpg

Resident Evil Series Ranking (Combined)
Resident Evil 5 - 12.1 Million
Resident Evil 4 - 10.6M
Resident Evil 6 - 10M
Resident Evil 7 - 8.5M
Resident Evil 2 Remake - 7.8 Million

Resident Evil Classic - 5.08M
Resident Evil 2 Classic - 4.96M
Resident Evil Remake - 4.25M
Resident Evil 0 - 4.05M
Resident Evil 3 Remake - 3.6M

Resident Evil 3 Classic - 3.5M
Resident Evil Revelations 2 - 2.7M
Resident Evil Code Veronica - 2.54M
Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City - 2.5M
Resident Evil Revelations - 2.1M
Resident Evil Outbreak - 1.45M
Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles - 1.3M

------------------------

Bolded saw an increase, while unbolded hasn't changed. The main highlights are RE the continued legs of RE4, 5, and 6 thanks to the HD ports. Resident Evil 0 is also no slouch as if it keeps the current pace could surpass the original Remake.

Resident Evil 7 and Resident Evil 2 Remake continue to show strong performance and without a port, will only be a matter of time before they surpass the likes of 4, 5, and 6 (Which have remained the top 3 for close to a decade)

Resident Evil 3 Remake has also surpassed RE3 Classic now.

Resident Evil Village will likely launch similar to RE2 or perhaps better (Which managed 4 Million Copies in about a month). It has the potential to be one of the better performing RE's so long as nothing drastic happens.

www.capcom.co.jp

Platinum Titles |Product Data | CAPCOM

Titles which sold more than 1 million copies each are listed with videos and screen shots.

Ultra

Oct 30, 2017
Kinda surprised RE4 isn't #1 with how many times that game has been ported.

SuperBoss

Oct 25, 2017
So happy to see RE7 do so well!!!

And RE5 was great, played it through multiple times :)

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
I love RE5, but the more and more I replay it, the more I realize how many shite parts it contains. I don't know who the fuck thought that on-rails shooter part against motorcycle Majini was a good idea... not to mention the subsequent on-rails fight against an El Gigante clone. Legit the worst boss fight in a game I mostly otherwise enjoy.

Then there's the temple part with the sun lasers... nah my dude.

Jimmy Joe

Aug 8, 2019
I wonder how each game sold in the reporting period

Do we think that RE7/RE2R will end up breaking into the top 3? That'd be quite a feat, though if they keep getting ported they could make that long trek...

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
in a commercial sense i'm pretty shocked capcom ever veered off 3rd person action. i guess they were smart enough to know the REmakes would supplant whatever they do with the main numbered games

Th3rd

Oct 26, 2017
RE5 is one of my most memorable co-op games I have played. Now, all we need is the new Dino Crisis title in RE Engine with co-op campaign.

Sesha

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Wesker's finest hour. Amazing sendoff!

1bpduj.jpg

in a commercial sense i'm pretty shocked capcom ever veered off 3rd person action. i guess they were smart enough to know the REmakes would supplant whatever they do with the main numbered games

Despite what some hardcore fans like to pretend, RE6 bombed hard. They originally started work on a version of RE7 that was more like RE6 before they scrapped it. Likewise, the double whammy of DmC and Lost Planet 3 killed their interests in Western outsourcing.

IsThatHP

Oct 31, 2017
Never realized how big a deal RE1 was considering its really only ever been on the playstation aside from what, maybe 300k units sold on the saturn at best?

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island

Do we think that RE7/RE2R will end up breaking into the top 3? That'd be quite a feat, though if they keep getting ported they could make that long trek...

It's more a matter of If than When. Gamepass and PS+ Collection don't seem like they impacted much of the legs and with 7 being connected right to 8 it'll get another good bump. With Re2, it's currently holding the title of best "modern" Re so that'll help it keep going.

Ports for the both of them would just help things go faster.

How the hell did ORC outsell Revelations?

The marketing for ORC back in the day was pretty big and it didn't have much competition when it released. Honestly would've done more if the quality had been there. Capcom even had a sequel greenlit, but cancelled it after shifting goals internally (They say they cancelled it because Slant 6 left SW: Battlefront data on ORC copies, but that was just an excuse to get out of it)

Sesha

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
How the hell did ORC outsell Revelations?

We don't have any numbers for the 3DS original.

RE7 legs are very good, and RE:2's are even better. So yes. I don't think either even need ports to do it.

MrNewVegas

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think any RE will ever beat the pre release marketing hype for 5. That eye adjustment from bright light in to dark and reverse felt so big at the time.

Mary Celeste

Oct 25, 2017
RE5 is a mediocre game and RE6 is a terrible one. Can't wait for the day RE7 and RE2 overtake them.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
I want an entire RE spinoff that is RE5's hovercraft level. Just me and my bud, on a boat, exploring the marshlands.

Nov 4, 2017
Revelations 2 outselling the first annoys the completionist in me. Who are these uncultured swine buying numbered games out of order?

Also I thought RE4 would be higher, it has been ported to everything.

Caz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
People really hate boulders.

Like, a lot, it seems.

I'm surprised 4 hasn't overtaken 5 given how many more times it's been released compared to 5.
That list is sad as hell for us old time fans. Shows that Capcom doesn't give 2 fucks about the classic games. They can port their old ass megaman games to every platform under the sun but re releasing an updated version of the classic games on PC? Hell no! Who would buy that?

I'll keep resorting to my trusty emulators I guess.

I hope one day they let a small team develop a tank controlled fixed camera game for the fans that made the franchise what it is today.
The Playstation games were always bad.

Dec 15, 2017
That list is sad as hell for us old time fans. Shows that Capcom doesn't give 2 fucks about the classic games. They can port their old ass megaman games to every platform under the sun but re releasing an updated version of the classic games on PC? Hell no! Who would buy that?

I hope one day they let a small team develop a tank controlled fixed camera game for the fans that made the franchise what it is today.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI

I'm confused. Is this post just a complaint that they haven't ported RE1-3?

And if so, how is that related to this list? The rankings wouldn't be changing anyway.

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
I would have bet $10 that RE4 would have been #1 given how many fucking ports that game has.

That being said, I'm not mad at #1. RE5 is shlock, but it's fun shlock. It's not a good survival horror game, but it's a great co-op action game.

RE5 is a mediocre game and RE6 is a terrible one. Can't wait for the day RE7 and RE2 overtake them.

Why?

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
RE6 continues to sell well despite critical and fan reception being mixed. I'm happy it's got it's niche.

what's more surprising is the top 3 consistently selling well and Capcom actually deciding to back peddle to horror after 6's public reception. I'm not unhappy about that but they could've kept coming out with action RE and it would still perform well.

anyway I love all entries in this dumb series, can't wait for Village. đź’•