• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
JjO1OBi.png

dYXJ2Vb.png

cmoNSyi.png

HYp3Gdk.png

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
The power of Lady D

In all seriousness, I'm surprised RE7 is so low in comparison?

EDIT: I get it now, thanks everyone :)

Last edited:

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
You love to see it! Era vocal minority that wished Village underperforms is going to have bad day.😂

More Ethan is coming.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit. The gap between RE7 and the rest is insane.

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Posting Unmarked Spoiler; Hostility Over a Series of Posts
tough crowd

🤷🏿‍♂️

whine and quote me endlessly

Last edited:

bobeth

Oct 28, 2017
It's so nice to see RE back in great shape, lessons from RE6 were actually learned, which seems to be something rare in this industry..

Saladin

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 27, 2021
The 40-50k gap between RE7 and the rest is weird

Assuming they didn't like the first-person approach, RE8 is still the same.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Calling it the "best performing RE game on steam" is kinda deceptive when you're going by concurrent users.

OP
OP
dex3108

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
I guess that some Asian developers (cough square enix, cough, sega, cough) could learn thing or two from Capcom and launching on PC

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The power of Lady D

I feel like word-of-mouth regarding Resi wasn't exactly the strongest when RE7 was coming out and the whole top-down reinvention amplified some skepticism. The problem of looking at game success in terms of their concurrent user peaks, imo, since it ended up being a huge success in the long run.

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly good timing for it what the fuck else are people going to get, I bought it cause I like RE but im also starved for a new game.

TioChuck

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
RE7 had a lot of skepticism at launch, word of mouth probably helped kept selling well through its life spam, not RE2 numbers, but still good, so it never "peaked".

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The power of Lady D

RE7 followed a divisive Numbered entry that naturally lead to lower numbers at the time when these kinds of high player totals are likely to be hit.

8 instead is off the back of 3 rather liked titles that are among the bigger commercial successes and a string marketing campaign.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Just make action Resident Evil. These are the most popular and best Resident Evil games anyway :-)
Make Joe Baker the main protagonist of Resident Evil 9.

Dec 6, 2017
US
I'm diggin the game but good god is the first person fucking annoying in this. The FOV is so damn narrow and Ethan moves like a toddler on painkillers. Dude walks backwards like he's shopping at the supermarket and the already painfully slow run is cancelled if you strafe/step sideways. The RE7 'narrow corridor' movement just doesn't translate into these environments for me and I consistently find myself fighting with the controls and movement.

Edit: Just realized I'm not in the OP just now so probably not the post for this thread lol, sorry gang

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
It´s going to peak at over 100k over the weekend for sure.